Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red Object tracking?  (Read 4152 times)

bunniesRawesome

• Head of the herd
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Lucy & Buster
    • Professor
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Gonzo
    • Snoopy
Red Object tracking?
« on: July 14, 2013, 07:35:06 PM »

I upgraded my ugobe pleo to the newest PM2 firmware a while back but I still haven't been able to figure out how to get her to track red objects. Is there something specific I need to do before it works? It's been past 8 battery cycles since I updated so she should be fully matured. All of the other tricks work as well. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Red Object tracking?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 04:55:40 AM »

Find a nice large, bright red object, hold it about six inches in front of Pleo's nose in good lighting, pray to whichever deity you desire and wait :P

Seriously though it can take ages! I've had the best luck with a bright red book but even then you might have to wave it in front of their nose for ten minutes before they lock on. Pleo's are easily distracted by other things :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 08:10:36 PM »

Good luck getting your Ugobe to track! I wanted to get that feature to work too when my guys were running 2.0. I just used a red ball Redwoods sent me but I didn't know how to tell when the Ugobe saw the object. IMR, do the Ugobes make the different curious sniffing noises like the RB's do when they're tracking something?
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 01:10:39 AM »

They don't really make much noise. Sometimes a noise of recognition and sometimes there's nothing.

I have it on video at 2 minutes 44 seconds in if you can get someone to help you find it Talon.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyJDooLbG8M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyJDooLbG8M</a>

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 12:13:40 PM »

Thanks, IMR. I used my stopwatch to time it. You're right. There's not much of an audeo cue to tell if the pleo has locked on to the object. Thanks for posting the video too.
Talon
Talon

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 03:01:45 PM »

I think the best way to tell is that Pleo will stand still and only move the neck (to follow the object as you move it). I don't think they walk towards it.

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 02:02:43 AM »

That updgrade was awful  ???

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 07:32:56 AM »

Haha! How was it aweful? You couldn't deal with the terrible teens? Yes, they do make noises that aren't related to their mood, their behavior is... really strange, and their scensors are numb for a while but they get over it. I think it took my two six or seven full battery cycles before I started recognizing them again. It just takes patients- a lot of patients.
Talon
Talon

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 07:50:40 AM »

Maybe I wasnt patient.  ;)
Do you think should i try again? I tried 1.1 and now i'm back again to 1.0.2 (my fav!)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 07:52:44 AM by Junkroxy »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 08:27:31 AM »

Yes, do try it again.  I run several on each OS, and OS2 is much better after running through a few days (the terrible teens), as Talon says.

And BE PATIENT!! :P

(Hi Junkroxy, I like 1.0.2 as well, I miss the giggles on feet tickling!)  :D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 11:02:36 AM »

I agree with Crewella, I think it is fun to have different pleos on different operating systems and the feet tickling is so fun to listen to. Of course if you only have one pleo, it can be tough to choose one, but I do like the 1.1 and 1.02 a lot. I love the tickling which produces the giggling, that is just priceless. The other thing that is so nice about Ugobes is that you can go back and forth between operating systems whenever you want! You can also rehatch them with each new system, so the possibilities are expanded.
             I have never had much success with the red tracking object, more of a hit and miss. I know IMR has had some good success as well as Crewella. You really do have to be persistant and get your pleos attention at the right time and with the correct light, etc, etc. If you can get it right one time, then you know it is successful, but I don't pursue it much, good luck with all the tips others have given you. :cheer:

RWM :cat-hug: and the Pleo  P0:) Township of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal