Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unauthorized New Pleo Lithium Battery  (Read 4228 times)

Angela

• Pleontologist
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Guy, LeeLoo, Muisje, Lady Piep Piep, Tredje
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • Busy Busy :'(
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
Unauthorized New Pleo Lithium Battery
« on: June 25, 2013, 06:39:14 AM »

hello all,

Recently I received an email from Innvo labs that an unauthorized battery for Pleo and Pleo RB is in circulation.
Now I came to the battery also on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/new-PLEO-Lithium-Battery-made-in-2011-better-than-egg-/321108926327?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac3955f77

Now I'm curious what you find of this battery? Do you have one? Would you like to have one? If you already have one, what are your experiences with this battery?

23 rat pups for sale :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Unauthorized New Pleo Lithium Battery
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 07:49:06 AM »

I think that message from Innvo might be more of a warning than an encouragement for someone to buy one of these batteries. If it's unauthorized, I wouldn't suggest using it in your RB as it could void your pleo's warranty. Maybe I'm wrong but those are just my thoughts.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Angela

• Pleontologist
  • nl Female
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 08:44:28 AM »

Yes, it was a warning. And I agree, don´t use it if you have a warranty. But I would like to know if there are any people who have tried.

...out of curiosity...not to promote / recommend it...

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 04:14:37 PM »

I think some unauthorized batteries might likely be dodger than others. The Ucube ones, for example, are known and trusted here. That's the egg batteries. The one above though damaged trust levels when they tried to claim 6-8 hours battery life...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 04:16:11 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 05:10:51 PM »

I have one.  It works fine in both pleo and pleo rb but only runs for about 2 hours so is no better than the battery you get with the pleo rb or an egg battery for the Ugobe pleos.  The only thing it has going for it is that it works in both type of pleos.  I don't tend to use it much as I have plenty of both the egg batteries and the regular pleo rb batteries.  I bought it when they first appeared on the market due to it claiming such a long play time 4 hours, (they advertised it as 4 hour run time) and it did not deliver. 
So for me it was a disappointment.  Also it will void your warranty for pleo rb so not worth the risk on that front.  All round it did not do what they claimed it would so I would not recommend it.  I left negative feedback for the seller on ebay after lots of testing the battery in both types of pleos them most run time I got from it was 2 hours 20mins with the average time being 2 hours.  They have changed their add slightly now to claim 2 -4 hours play time but still to me I feel they are misleading people as no one will ever get 4 hours run time or anything close to that.  It is a very tight fit in both pleo and pleo rb.  Much harder to get in and out of both types of pleos than the other batteries so this is also another reason why I don't use it much.
I'm just surprised it took Innvo this long to send out a warning.  These have been on the market since about half way through 2012.  It makes me wonder if their warning is just a precaution as this is not one of their products or if it comes due to the batteries actually causing an issue to someone's pleo.   Food for thought.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 06:24:06 PM »

I agree also with Kat and I also have one, Actually I got myne with no cost as I was considering to buy bulk incase they did do as claimed, but they are a big disappointment. NOt only do they run not as nearly close as claimed and in my opinion not as good as the egg or Ucube battery, but they are tight to get in and they can void and possibly damage a RB. I still have mnye and have only used it half a dozen times, I find it strange that even when disconnected and not plugged in that they still glow as if on,

I do also believe there is something strange about that seller, If you check their feedback, there is one timeframe, all on the same day, when a whole bunch of Pleos and batteries were sold and all but one are quoted as. " no longer registered users", Also a lot of the feedback is from the same country, friends of this seller. I am not saying all, but there is something a little "off" about the seller. I would not buy or use these batteries and if you got one even as free, be very hesistant on using in a RB, I used it once in a RB, (not under warranty) and the fact it was so tight, got me worried,

Just not worth it at all. Notice that Innvo labs does not say anything about the egg batteries not to be used on the older Ugobe Pleos. They do not make them, but they know they will not harm the older Pleos. Use common sense...............................RWM :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Angela

• Pleontologist
  • nl Female
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 08:46:47 AM »

Thanks for the responses. I never buy something special/ big/ expensive before some investigation.
It seemed too good to be true...

We start saving for an Egg battery.  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal