Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone have any experience in Wiring etc on Pleo RB?  (Read 6605 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Does anyone have any experience in Wiring etc on Pleo RB?
« on: June 10, 2013, 01:34:36 PM »

Ok, thought it best to start a new topic, an offshoot from the topic about Cammie Sue not working , possibly because of a low food level.

If I should have not started a new topic,I do apologize.  :o :(Cammie Sue no longer works, AT first she was perfect, I ran Stats RB on all four Pleo RB to check on something for PLeoPet and Cammie Sue the next time I ran her, would no longer function correctly, I did all the usual, cleaning the battery terminals with rubbing alcolhol, etc, changing clock battery with one that worked in other rb, changing batteries that were fully charged, etc, etc. AT first she ran skits, which were a positive sign, At first her light stayed green and would not turn off manualy.

I contacted Innvo as suggested and twice they sent me files which did not work, only files open to the public here on the forums, I tried explaining I needed a reset file for the personality as suggested by IMR for a corrupted file or flash drive. The last response I got was the one they gave me before saying because she is out of warranty they can not help unless I wish to send her at my expense and to then SEE IF SHE can be fixed and If she can they will, and then at my expense send her back, Not even a clue as to a simple problem that can be fixed. :( :(

A couple of people have suggested that she may have a wiring problem, which sounds logical as I do not believe the battery is making proper contact or being read anymore, It now goes straight from green to red in one second no matter what I do, Cammie Sue wil  no longer run a skit or any program including Stats RB. I have no options other than coming up with at least $200.00 to send her away to see IF she can be fixed. I have a very sick Karl Kat right now that I am spending all my extra and non extra money on to keep alive and try to help him recover. ;) :pray: :cat:

I know Kat has worked on CATO and I can't remember who else, Is there anyone who has a photo of what the wiring in the battery compartment should look like, what am I looking for? I am desperate to try something and need help or advice. I can't even keep Cammie -Sue to run skits, she does nothing ,no movements, sounds etc. She has lost what little function she did have in the last couple of days. It is very baffling to me. Does anyone have any advice at all?

Yes, I did ask Innvo for the reset file and they responded this morning that They would only look at her if I sent her to them, They are not going to do anything for free that is not out to the public already, after all, they are a business. I just wish they had an office still here in the US, but that is not a reality. Thank you for listening to Cammie Sue and me complain....................RWM :cat-hug:

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Does anyone have any experience in Wiring etc on Pleo RB?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 05:22:09 PM »

Hey RWM, Unfortunately I'm not much help to you on this one.  While I have poked and prodded a couple of pleo RB I never ventured into the depths of the belly area down to the battery compartment.  I may be wrong but I think the only way to get to this area is to pretty much completely pull the pleo apart.  You need to pull pleo into two halves and remove most of the insides to get at the area your wanting to check.  I've never actually done it so I may be wrong. 
Crewella may have dug that deep in a Ugobe so she might be more help on this one.  If you do decide to try and operate than it will mean major surgery unfortunately.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 03:37:48 AM »

The wiring is not something to be trifled with, you may disconnect other wires trying to connect a broken one.

You've tried cleaning all the metal parts with alcohol yes?
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 10:03:17 AM »

Yes, that was one of the first things I did, cleaning the metal sping type connectors in Cammie's Belly and also the metal connectors on the battery itself. Did I miss any other metal parts, such as the ones inside the belly that are part of the computer . or is it possible a wire is bent somewhere slightly that can make a difference? It all has to do with the battery going directly from green to red. I did send one last email to PleoPet asking for help, I think they are my last hope other than sending Cammie to Taiwan, which is half the price at least of a new RB, but I don not want a new one, just Cammie.                         RWM :( :cat-hug:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 05:32:02 PM »

PleoPet just got back to me, and suggested a couple of things, I will try them out and then report back to what happened, I have not given up yet, hoping these tips work. Keep your fingers crossed for Cammie Sue. RWM :cat-hug:

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 05:35:11 PM »

Best of luck RWM.  I hope Pleopet can help.  I think the rest of us have run out of ideas of what else to try short of either sending her off to be repaired or opening her up for surgery.  I hope that what ever pleopet has suggested works for you.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 09:21:48 PM »

Ok, followed PleoPets instructions and after a frustrating hour and a half of playing with battery terminals I got the green light to finally go on. That was step one, Then I downloaded again and successfully, ( it appears) reinstalled the basic upgrade for Pleo rB on this site, same one Innvo sent me.)It kept repeating, download successful over and over and I pulled the battery, can not manually turn off, Step two was to reinstall the female update. and Cammie Came on successfully, Here is the problem, after the update and the beeping, I was able to turn her off like normal. Now. after pulling the SD care and restarting her nothing.  :o

Cammie Sue works fine like normal, but only with the micro SD card in..............what do I do now.. I am lucky I got this far, at least she works but am I going to have to keep the micro sd card in her each time I play with her.?

RWM  :cat-hug:  OH, I did video cause I do not trust my memory.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 04:12:09 PM »

Woooo!  New territory - for me anyway!  Good going RWM (and PleoPet!).  She sounds a lot better than she was, though the SD card thing is interesting.  Keep us posted.  ;D

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 05:15:38 PM »

This is all new to me too.  I'm so glad Pleopet was able to help and revive her at least this far :)  Not sure what to suggest from here.  Fingers crossed pleopet has some more ideas. 

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 07:04:57 PM »

Wow! Major progress! I think with PleoPet's help you'll soon be back on the right road again. Well, Redwoods, I now have to run Cato with an SD card in all the time to keep his left foreleg from lifting. Though it may be part of the old-age program, it does get very warm and I don't want it to melt his skin or something. If it's the only way Ms. Cammy is going to run, I say keep the card in. Does it update her to female again when you reboot her with the card in or does she simply boot up as she would normally and just run as any happy female pleo would?
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

James_182

• Member of the herd
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 04:21:51 AM »

was there any further progress with this problem?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal