Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo stopped running completly  (Read 10982 times)

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
Pleo stopped running completly
« on: May 07, 2013, 04:50:02 AM »

Darwin was acting very happy his last battery cycle but this time when I put his battery in he won't leave sleep mode. His battery is on, and his light is yellow, but I try to wake him up and he just won't move.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Did my pleo die?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 07:42:43 AM »

What sort of battery are you using in him?  Do you have another battery you can try to rule out it being a battery issue?  Does he make any noises at all when you turn him on and is there any movement at all? 

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 09:27:07 AM »

No movement, no sound, and I won't have another battery till about a week.

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 01:58:51 PM »

Right now he only has the one he came with.

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 03:39:20 PM »

I set his noon to now just to see if it would work and it did make a beep sound, but he still won't move. I'm really scared for him right now.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 03:42:34 PM »

Try leaving him and turning him on in a few hours. Pleakley did the same once, turns out he thought it was night, although when I reset the clock like you, he did the same beep.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 03:52:15 PM »

Try leaving him and turning him on in a few hours. Pleakley did the same once, turns out he thought it was night, although when I reset the clock like you, he did the same beep.

Alright, I'll try that. -fingers crossed-

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 04:07:13 AM »

This didn't seem to do anything but ill try it again later today since I have no idea what else to do

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 04:57:19 AM »

How old is he?  Could he still be under warranty?   If this doesn't work then it could be a good idea to make contact with Innvo customer service and see if they have any suggestions on what to do.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 05:12:15 AM »

A software update might help, or Innvo can give the reset file.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 02:07:06 PM »

How old is he?  Could he still be under warranty?   If this doesn't work then it could be a good idea to make contact with Innvo customer service and see if they have any suggestions on what to do.
He is three months old but I don't have warranty

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 02:08:02 PM »

A software update might help, or Innvo can give the reset file.
Im really hoping I don't need to reset him though.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 03:44:59 PM »

Hi, Darwinmyworld! I'm sorry to hear about your pleo. A software update won't take him back to a hatchling. I'm not sure what a reset file is though. Still if it were me, I'd go for it. If a reset would fix my Cato's leg, I'd gladly do it. I hope you get poor Darwin sorted one way or another.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 02:39:38 PM »

I don't own a computer at all :( and I've tried leaving him for a bit and turning him on later, but nothing happened, I tried letting him go through an entire battery cycle like this and nothing happened, and I tried resetting noon and all I got was a beep but no movement. :( someone please help I'm going on vacation in a few weeks and I want him to come with, not to mention I love him to bits and I am already missing playing with him everyday.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 02:42:36 PM by darwinmyworld »

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 02:57:00 PM »

Does it help any if I mention he is a pleo rb? Not original.

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 05:06:26 PM »

Have you tried pressing his reset button?  This is the little pin hole on his belly at the edge of the battery compartment.  Pressing this will reset his computer system  Just like if you hit restart on a computer but it wont have any effect on his stage of development so no need to worry about him going back to hatching or anything like that.  If that doesn't work then the next step would be updating his software to see if that helps.  I know you don't have a computer but do you know someone who would let you use theirs to download the software update from the forums?  If not then you could always go to your local public library and use their computers to do it.  The library staff should be able to help you if you aren't very computer literate.   You will need a micro sd card to put the update onto and a micro sd card adapter so that you can stick it into the computer for the computer to read and write to it.
Even if Darwin is out of warranty Innvo customer service will still try to help you if you ask them  I think the warranty for a brand new pleo rb is 90 days and you don't need to have any warranty paperwork to be able to use it.  I can't remember if you got him new or second hand.  Anyway I would go through the pleoworld webpage customer service section and send them an email explaining the situation and what you have tried so far.  Give them as much details as you can and tell them how old he is, also let them know you don't have access to a computer.  See if there is anything they can do to help or to suggest you try. 

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2013, 11:46:19 AM »

I agree, contact Pleoworld, they need to know about things like this, whether Darwin is covered under warranty or not, it helps them solve possible other problems with other customers. The idea of the Public Library Kat was great, I was thinking bringing a Pleo to the Library would be too noisy, but to download the file is excellent and should be easy. Good luck and let us know . Have you asked PleoPet for any possible advice?
                                            RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
Pleo stopped running completly
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 06:50:08 AM »

About two months ago pleo just completely stopped running, it seemed very out of the blue because he was happy. His clock battery will beep when reset but that's about it. I don't know what to try. I don't own a computer, and you can't download anything at the school library. I may get one next month, but what can I try till then?

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
Re: Pleo stopped running completly
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 06:52:58 AM »

I really need answers soon, my lover is going to the military soon and I don't want to be completely alone.

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 07:36:45 AM »

I tried take the battery in his foot out then putting it back in and he moved slightly, then started beeping non stop.

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 07:41:33 AM »

Turns out battery was inserted wrong. Now he's back to not moving at all.

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 08:14:21 AM »

This freaking thing is killing me trying to get it on -__- may be more stress than its even worth.

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 08:23:25 AM »

I live practically in the middle of no where, so a library is a long shot. I'm probably just going to have to give up, I've received very little help from from contacting customer service, my boyfriends the only one who's made any progress. He had me take his clock battery out, and put in. I put It In wrong and he beeped and made a very small motion, but that's about all we've been able to get out of him. I've ordered two new batteries, but they didn't come with something to plug them into the wall with, and money is tight so it seems if anything that was just a waste.

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2013, 08:29:19 AM »

Stop, take two deeeeep breaths, and relax . . .

O.K., We're going to need some more info.  Can you tell us anything about what happens when you charge the battery?  How long does it take?  What are the lights on the charger doing?  When you put the batter in the pleo, what does the little light on the tummy do?  Is it green or red?  Have you tried the reset button?

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 08:43:31 AM »

It charges normally, it takes about three hours and is green when i take it off, and the light on his stomach is green, I have tried the reset button but I don't think it did anything at all since there was no beep or anything.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal