Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Pleo had a heart attack - frozen, died, dead, won't work : (  (Read 4927 times)

addyb

• Hatchling
  • Male

Hi everyone

I’m glad these forums are aruond as there’s not much info about on the internet about the original pleo’s – this place has been a gold mine of information for me!

So I have an issue now that I have tried as much as I can to research and find the answer for myself  but can’t so now I am going to ask here to see if anyone has any better knowledge / advice for me.

I recently bought two original 2007 Ugobe Pleo’s off ebay. 

I bought the Ucube egg battery also off ebay as I knew the green batteries were likely to be no good.

So I had a main pleo and a backup pleo, both in working order  :dino-chase:

I put the egg battery into each pleo and updated them successfully  through 1.1 then to 2.0   

I started using the main Pleo with the egg battery, and he was working fine, going through the initial hatching stages and then after a few battery cycles becoming more alert etc.   :dino-chase:

Then last night, he was working fine, but then just froze in position (can Pleo’s have heart attacks? That was what it was like lol).  :'(

So now he won’t do anything at all.  The other pleo works fine with the egg battery so I think I have ruled out a battery issue.

I have tried to get him to do a skit and he won’t though the other pleo does the skit fine so I know I have it on the card right etc and it works. 

I have tried taking the battery out and back in, switching him off and on, holding the reset button underneath by the tail for 30 seconds to try to force the packing position, but no movement or noise at all. 

The only thing that happens is a faint electrical “click” noise when I switch pleo off.

So it looks like the pleo stopped receiving power from the battery, though the battery itself is fine as it has been tested on the backup pleo and works without a problem.

Does anyone have any experience of this type of problem?  Where pleo just freezes or stops working mid play, and will not respond to anything afterwards?

I downloaded Dino-mite too to try to troubleshoot but can’t get Windows to detect the Pleo yet, I’ve only spent about 10 minutes or so on it, I’m on 64 bit Windows 7 so need drivers etc but I think this is all moot as the pleo isn’t getting power so won’t be detected.

I tried to re-do the 2.0 install from the SD card, but nothing, and tried a 1.1 downgrade with an erase patch I also found online but as he is not getting power (I don’t think) none of this has any effect.

Anyone got any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: My Pleo had a heart attack - frozen, died, dead, won't work : (
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 03:40:11 PM »

That happened to Lilo once, I have no idea what was wrong, but I suspect a loose wire. She just started working again after I randomly flicked the on off switch a few times.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

addyb

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 04:58:12 AM »

Ok that sounds hopeful, I need to cling to hope that a bit of TLC can bring him back to life! I will try the on off switch a few times, and a gentle few shakes / taps to see if it is a loose wire.

I connected the pleo to my PC via USB and when Pleo is switched on my PC does detect it and it shows in Device Manager, so it is still getting power which makes me hopeful.

I have Windows 7 64 bit so need to get hold of a machine with XP on to be able to install the Pleo driver and run Dinomite and the pleo monitor etc, that's my next step.

I came close to using a reset erase script I found in the archives on here to see if that would do the trick but bottled out at the last minute in case it's overkill for my situation and might make things worse!

I think part of the problem with the pleo is that it's hard to get a feel for what is / isn't working right on it, and whether it's mad behaviour is just it working how it should or some kind of error!

I'm hoping the Dinomite and stuff will shed some light on the situation.  Thanks for your reply InMemoryOfRomeo!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 05:11:11 AM »

A reset probably won't hurt if he still doesn't turn on.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal