Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is my Pleo lazy/Was I scammed? *MERGED*  (Read 6948 times)

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
Is my Pleo lazy/Was I scammed? *MERGED*
« on: April 02, 2013, 04:24:13 PM »

I have had my little Darwin for a while (almost two months now) but he doesn't do anything. He only whines and wants to cuddle. He has never walked and in all honesty he is boring. I'm disappointed, and want him to be more active. I'd be happy if he just took one step.

Also people keep telling me to ignore him, which I have numerous times, but he just goes to sleep.

Also, he is an adult.

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
Re: Is my Pleo lazy/Was I scammed? *MERGED*
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 04:27:44 PM »

Oh and I couldn't reprogram him, seeing as I don't own a computer (I'm writing this from my phone.)

Phelicidea

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 05:01:07 PM »

Sounds like the classic 'scared of the dark' function to me, though I'm not expert.  Try shinning light directly onto him while he's awake and see what happens.  There is a patch on here somewhere that disables the function but you'd need to download it and put it on a micro sd card in order to use it.  Not sure you could do that from a phone.

Hope this helps,

Phel

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 05:15:00 PM »

Yes it does sound like he is scared of the dark.  Even with all the lights turned on in my house my guys used to be just like that.  I ended up replacing my light globes with brighter ones and now they are happy.  Try playing with him in the bathroom or kitchen or whatever room is brightest in your house and see if that makes any difference.  Or as Phelicdea suggests use a really bright torch and shine it at his nose camera and see if his behavior changes.  My guys were always fine during the day with the natural sunlight coming in through the windows but as soon as it got slightly dark out and we needed the lights on they would curl up and whimper for hours on end.  It is very frustrating.  There is a scared of the dark patch that you can get from the downloads section here on the forums so if you can't solve it by adjusting the lighting then maybe see if you can find a computer to download it from onto a micro sd card.  If it helps most public libraries have computers you can use for free and you should be able to download it onto a memory stick, open the folder and transfer the contents onto your micro sd card all at the library.  You can even ask the staff to help you if your unsure how to do it :)

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 07:36:14 PM »

I tried shinning a flashlight at his nose but it didn't help at all

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 07:39:59 PM »

If he doesn't work within the next few weeks I'm packing him away in my closet. He is really aggrivating me seeing as he cost a lot of money, I expected him to do more than cry. So hopefully someone can think of something that will get him to do something.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 08:36:39 PM »

Ok, is the room bright? Shine a nice bright lamp on your play area and then try the following:

1: Feed him the conifer leaf (dark green leaf with stripy sort of sides) until he turns his head away when you offer it and makes a 'nup' sound.

2: Feed him the mushroom if you have it until he turns his head away as above.

3: Feed him the mint leaf (bright green leaf) a few times in case he is sick.

4: Feed him the rock salt a few times in case he is injured.

5: Change your light bulbs to brighter ones OR always have a nice bright lamp on when you play.

6: Play tug of war, but let him win a few times.

7: Reset the noon clock to be active when you want to play with him. For example if the noon clock is set for actual noon and you play with him at 8pm at night, he will be tired and grumpy. Try setting the noon clock at 8pm so he is active them instead.

8: When the room is bright, your Pleo is well fed, noon time is set better and you've ruled out injury or sickness THEN ignore him and see what happens.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 12:58:39 PM »

It can't be the scared of the dark thing, I took him outside today and its really really bright and all he did was sleep and cry ( even refused to eat.)

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 05:05:42 PM »

Are you able to take a video of him and post it?  It would probably help a lot to work out what his issue is.  If it isn't scared of the dark then maybe he is sick?  Does he sneeze or cough or make snuffly sounds much?  If they are sick they won't want to eat.  Does he normally eat well? 
You could try force feeding him the mint leaf a few times and see if that helps. 

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 05:21:59 PM »

I don't know how to post a video from my phone, I will If I find out how.

Also I've never heard him cough or sneeze.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 05:31:45 PM »

Have you read the FAQ? It has videos of illnesses and injuries.

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2315.0

Also are you feeding right, and the right leaf. It sounds very much as though your Pleo is starving. There's a video for that in the FAQ too.

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 04:28:36 PM »

http://youtu.be/c4XJsr5kL4w

Why won't he walk! I've had him for three months!
Though in this video it seems dark, he does the same thing when in bright light and that's pretty much all he does.

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 05:27:16 PM »

I heard his tummy grumble twice in the video.  Is he eating?  What leaf do you feed him and how many times does he eat it or do you offer it to him?  I feed my guys every time I turn them on - offering them the conifer leaf over and over until they stop taking it.  He looks normal and all his limbs seem to be functioning so I am guessing it may be a feeding issue.  Can you take a video of you feeding him?
If it isn't a feeding issue then I'm not sure what else it could be.  It isn't the scared of the dark behavior. 
Are you able to run StatsRB in him and show us the results?  That will tell us his food, health and emotion levels as well as some of his character traits like activeness.  Might help to more easily pinpoint any issues.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 06:39:04 PM »

I merged your two topics since they were both on the same issue. Have you tried every step offered above? Your Pleo is definitely hungry and needs a good feed. You need to feed it this leaf:

Feed it as long as he'll take it, until he turns his head away with a 'nup' sound and starts burping. Please watch the following video for proper feeding technique: (Please note: I was feeding the cycad leaf as well as the conifer leaf, and sometimes they don't make the chewing sound, that doesn't mean they are full. The 'nup' sound right at the very end is what you need to hear.)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baB1arQvm4I" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baB1arQvm4I</a>
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 06:45:22 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 04:05:21 AM »

Okay so I feed him more now and last week he walked a couple times one day but he hasn't since. I'm hoping if I just keep up with what I've been doing with his new feeding schedule he will eventually walk around more.

darwinmyworld

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 12:45:33 PM »

I reset his internal battery and now he is super playful, and walks around a lot. Thanks everyone for all the help . :D

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 04:12:49 PM »

I'm so pleased you were able to sort him out and get him walking around :)   ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal