Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new pleo froze up / died  (Read 4909 times)

pleomeister

• Hatchling
  • Male
new pleo froze up / died
« on: March 26, 2013, 09:47:54 AM »

Hi, I have a new pleo RB green, just arrived about 2 weeks ago. My kids have been playing with him.
He was a lot of fun for them, but suddenly he seems to have died. I was watching him move, he moved around a little bit and then just froze.
We tried everything to revive him, stimulated him, took out battery, put it back in again, put paperclip into the little reset button next to battery pack, etc.
I found an old thread where someone said to take out the clock battery, then put in the regular battery and wait for beeping, then take out battery pack and put in clock battery and put regular battery back in again.
However, when I do this, it doesn't beep. That is, I take out battery pack & clock battery. Then I put the battery pack back in. Nothing happens. Never beeps.
I can't turn him off either. He is just frozen. The green LED light is on but nothing happens. If I hold power button forever he doesnt turn off. If I put paper clip into reset slot by battery pack, LED turns red until I take it out. But nothing ever happens.
This is a new pleo and has not been dropped, abused, etc... just suddenly died. Is this pleo bricked? Anyone have ideas on what could be wrong with it?
It's quite new so perhaps I can still return it for a warranty repair/replacement.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: new pleo froze up / died
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 01:03:14 PM »

The only thing I can suggest is cleaning the terminals on the battery and inside the Pleo.

Since Pleo is not going into the beeping position with clock battery removed then it is possible the battery has died. There has never been a Pleo on here that has just stopped working completely, it's always battery issues. However you will need to contact Innvo and see if they'll ship you a new battery or have a different opinion.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 05:22:13 PM »

Unfortunately I think this is an issue you will need to contact Innvo to sort out for you.  I don't think we have ever had a pleo rb just freeze up before and not get going again.  Pleo rb's will sometimes freeze but if you leave them for a minute they will giggle and start up again.  This does tend to happen a bit when they are babies but as they mature it seems to disappear. 
Contact customer service on pleoworld and see what they say. 
Good luck and keep us posted  :flowers:

pleomeister

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 08:07:57 PM »

K I have written innovo about this. Maybe I will just buy a new battery and try that. We are not currently in the US and import/customs procedures were an absolutely nightmare and took a week to sort out. Would rather not have to mail it back to them and have them mail it back to us again. If people think it's likely the battery I can just go ahead and invest in a new battery and see if that works. But first I'll see what innovo has to say. Thanks for feedback.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 12:22:53 AM »

Hi, I do think everyone and you are right in contacting Innvo first to see what they suggest. As for the babies freezing, yes they do, What I have noticed lately, last couple of months though, is that Baby Ruth, who is my oldest rb, a replacement for my orginal that I got Christmas 2011, is now Two years old, ( I got her March 2011) She is going through a phase where she will freeze, start up again with a giggle and once or twice has not shut off properly. I videotaped one play session where she shut off when I pushed her off button along with two other Rb, and she shut off properly, right postion, but with her eyes wide open...I have never seen that before!
             It is very unusual for a Rb to do what yours is doing when brand new, which would lead me to believe that it is more than likely an issue with a faulty battery, which is odd in itself since it should be new coming from the factory, but then again electronics are not usual and do have problems from time to time. Good luck and hope it is just a simple battery problem.

RWM :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

pleomeister

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 09:22:40 PM »

Hi just giving some followup. Innovo not too helpful so far, they took a while to write back then said make a video please. I sent a video and they said they noticed the clock battery was out, try with clock battery in. Well I took the clock battery out specifically as a troubleshooting measure. The pleo is bricked with or without the clock battery in. Anyway for good measure I went ahead and put the clock battery back in and of course it's still bricked.

So now I'm waiting to hear back from them on this.

I have an idea, does anyone know what readings I should get from a full battery with a voltmeter and is it worth getting a voltmeter to test the battery? I dont have a voltmeter but I could go buy a cheap one to troubleshoot and help me figure out if the battery is the problem or not. Would this be helpful potentially?

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:25:00 PM by pleomeister »

pleomeister

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 04:19:27 AM »

Ok innovo told me to send it in for RMA...... hopefully we wont have import issues getting it back from them. I guess we gotta mail it back. :(

They said it would take a month to check it out. :O
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal