Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bought an RB, What to Expect?  (Read 5301 times)

Midorime

• Head of the herd
  • Female
Re: Bought an RB, What to Expect?
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2013, 06:34:16 PM »

Really? That's very odd, I don't know of anything around here with infra red that is on. o.o Only things I have on are some Pokemon Digital Ball toys but they use the old school metal prong connectors.

Also, i cannot find any 2gb micro SDs at all. I got a 4gb one. Will that work? Need to make sure before I use it.

Also the Pleo must not be updated, it's in the lying down position when it gets turned off.

Just did a total charge on the battery too, here's hoping that helps because it kept putting it's head down and to the side, eyes closed, like it was sleeping. Then after a few seconds it'd start up again and make like these... hiccup noises?

I'll have to take a picture of the eyes and post them, maybe you guys can help me identify the color.

Got a picture: http://i.imgur.com/TacdiEO.jpg
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 06:55:35 PM by Midorime »

PleoAibo29

• Pleontologist
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Suse and Mack
  • linux n00b
    • none
    • Gonzo
    • Flying_Ace
    • AIBO Cafe
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2013, 07:10:06 PM »

The 4gb should be fine, but under 2 works best.  :)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2013, 07:17:34 PM »

I think you should be ok with a 4 GB.  I use a 2 GB but I know others have used bigger ones with no issues.  I think the eyes look kind of water melon colored or magenta kind of a more red-ish  shade than a pink.
Before you do the upgrade you either need to decide what sex you want the pleo to be or register it on pleoworld and check what gender it is or you could use StatsRB to check.  That way you can make sure you use the right upgrade.  Male or Female. :)

Midorime

• Head of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2013, 07:22:29 PM »

Hm, I look on the site and see nothing to download for any software updates. Also i tried registering and it said the code was invalid. :( Both the SD and the security code. But the previous owner said they never registered it and barely played with it.

I did the StatsRB and it says it's a mature adult and has no gender and all traits are normal. :O

Very confused. Tried calling but got a Skype dealie from the company, and I don't use Skype for calls, so I had no pin number to give or anything.

Sorry for sounding like such a newbie. :'(

EDIT: Also wanted to say the cape came with this guy, but it seems the straps are wearing away the rubber a bit? The skin is work under the legs somewhat so I am worried about this and wonder what i can do to prevent further wear and tear?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 07:25:08 PM by Midorime »

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2013, 07:35:12 PM »

You can get the updates from here on the forum
http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;cat=9

StatsRB should say that your pleo is no gender but is giving off either male or female pheromones.  Hope that helps :)
As for registering it on pleoworld - just to be sure you have the right details - you need the barcode number off the pleos foot and the security code which is a 4 digit number and is found on a sticker inside the cover of the user guide or on the quick start guide.   If this doesn't work then you need to shoot pleoworld customer service an email telling them your issue and the numbers of your pleo and they should be able to reset it for you.  Some of the first batch pleo rb's had this issue, they were never loaded on the system I think :P
As for the cape, many of us don't like them or use them for just that reason.  You could remove the elastic bands closest to the armpit area and just use the lower down ones or remove them all and replace with a bit of ribbon or material and some velcro - that way you can make it much looser.  Or just don't use it at all, or buy or make a coat your self.  There are shops here on the forum that sell pleo clothes made by other members and many people just make their own or put up with a bit of paint wear and do without. 

Midorime

• Head of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2013, 07:40:37 PM »

Thanks so much kat, you're awesome! :D I'll check out those updates right now.

I ran the statsrb and got this:

PleoRB Growth Report

Stage 4: Mature Adult

Growth this stage: 8.2 / 12780.0 hours

This stage is 0.1% complete
approximately 12771.8 hours till next stage

DNA Attributes (what PleoRB was born with)

Courage: Normal
Temper: Normal
Physical: Normal
Activeness: Normal
Intelligence: Normal

Health Report (how you are treating your dinosaur)

Mood: 99%
Physical: 95%
Emotion: 53%
Health: 48%
Feed: 64%

Activity: 50%
Obedience: 50%
Skill: 50%

Dinosaur Pheromones (what your Pleo is sending to other Pleos)

WARNING: Pleo pheromone data may be invalid (test again later)
Pleo is sending out Male pheremones
Pleo is sending out a Depressed vibe

The seller said they barely played with this Pleo, but it seems the statsrb shows otherwise? I am unsure if male or female, but if it sends out 'male pheromones' does that mean male? How can i change it to female and reset everything to be the lowest personality possible just short of doing hatching all over again?

Midorime

• Head of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2013, 07:59:30 PM »

Sorry for the double posting, but I wanted to add I did the female update and all went well. It's now displaying as being female. But all other stuff are still 'normal' for traits. I thought they were supposed to vary?

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2013, 08:12:30 PM »

Male pheromones means male and female ones mean female :)
All my three RB's show normal for everything when I use statsrb as well but there are others out there who come up with different things so they do vary.  You will get a better idea of your pleos traits when you manage to register her on pleoworld an access her personal info.  That will tell you her personality traits, dna and show you a photo of her hatching from the egg.  Well worth sending an email to customer support to get them to sort it out for you so you can access this info about her :)

I'm glad the update went well (and she is now a girl :) )  Unfortunately there is no way to reset a pleo rb back to newborn or hatching, once they have been played with then that is it. 
You will be able to rename her though using the ID card and teach her all the tricks with the stones even if she learned them with her old owners.  So you can still access all of her functions :)  Hopefully the freezing issues you were having before are sorted now that she has been updated.  Let us know how your getting on :)

Midorime

• Head of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2013, 08:37:35 PM »

Will do, thanks again kat! I just am waiting on the company to get back to me, which I know will be a while due to Easter and such.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal