Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My new pleo won't work!  (Read 5762 times)

baby

My new pleo won't work!
« on: April 29, 2009, 04:55:59 PM »

Help! Ugobe's gone belly up and I don't know what to do! I just got my pleo today and charged the battery fully, but pleo won't move.  I updated the software and the computer recognized it, and when I turn it off I think I hear the speaker click off, but the eyes don't open and nothing moves.  Any suggestions?

49er

• Journeypleo
  • Male
Re: My new pleo won't work!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 06:05:41 PM »

Hello, and welcome to the forums.  From what I've seen the number one problem of Pleo not turning on is the battery not being properly charged.  when you seated the battery in the charger did it make two clicking noises?  If there was only one click when the battery was seated it probably didn't charge.  Another way to check, is the battery straight up in the charger, or leaning?  It should be straight.  I hope this helps.

baby

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 06:20:32 PM »

Actually, i had upgraded to 1.1 before even turning it on.  When I de-upgraded, it seems to be working fine. Is 1.1 really all that much better than 1.02? I'll try the upgrade again after I run down and recharge the battery. And do 'skits' require the SD card, or can you USB those?

49er

• Journeypleo
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 06:30:49 PM »

Actually, i had upgraded to 1.1 before even turning it on.  When I de-upgraded, it seems to be working fine. Is 1.1 really all that much better than 1.02? I'll try the upgrade again after I run down and recharge the battery. And do 'skits' require the SD card, or can you USB those?
I've been pleased with 1.1.  Most Pleo parents use it.  As far as skits go, I've never heard of anyone using the USB port or if it is possable to run a skit that way.  One word of warning.  When running a skit from a SD card, remember always insert the card when the Pleo is off and when the card is removed Pleo should be turned off.

baby

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 06:46:38 PM »

Thanx for the tip. And 1.1 is now working for me....seems to be taking him a bit to wake up, though. Is that normal? When you update the software, do you essentially go through the birthing process again?

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 07:17:01 PM »

Baby, 1.1 does take your pleo through a short birthing process. Not as long as the first os.! :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 10:48:45 AM by fancyfont »

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 10:31:32 AM »

I didn't see a big difference in 1.1 OS, but now both my pleos sing much more beautifully. XD Welcome to Bob the Pleo!
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal