Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lethargic?  (Read 6167 times)

riabobia

• Member of the herd
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Albie
    • Schroeder
Lethargic?
« on: February 19, 2013, 05:13:10 PM »

I'm having a really odd problem with Albie. When I turn his power on, all he will do is curl up as if his battery is dying even if it is full. He won't walk around or do anything, other than every 4 or 5 minutes he lets out a sort of whimper. Can anybody tell me what could be wrong with him? I'm a little concerned! He is a Ugobe Pleo, if that helps.

xoxox, Ria & Albie

riabobia

• Member of the herd
  • ca Female
    • Schroeder
Re: Lethargic?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 05:28:40 PM »

Also, I have two batteries and this happens with both of them so I don't think it's a battery issue.
xoxox, Ria & Albie

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 06:01:17 PM »

Don't think I will be of much help to you here but I can ask a few more questions that might help someone else to help you.
What kind of batteries are you using?  Are they the original green batteries that came with the pleo or do you have egg batteries?  Also which OS is your pleo running?   If I think of anything else i'll post again :)  Just be patient, someone will turn up on the forum sooner or later who can help :)

riabobia

• Member of the herd
  • ca Female
    • Schroeder
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 06:05:17 PM »

I'm using the green batteries, I have two that came with him. This is embarrassing, but I don't know what operating system he's running. He didn't come with an SD card, or any cords to plug him in to the computer (I thought this was normal because he's the Ugobe version, but maybe I am wrong?) Thanks for trying to help, it means a lot! I'm so upset.
xoxox, Ria & Albie

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 06:30:18 PM »

If you are using the original green batteries then we can't rule out it being a battery issue.  Even though you have two and he behaves the same with both.  Unfortunately the green batteries do die and they are all getting very old now so it is possible that both your batteries are giving up the ghost at the same time.  I don't know if this is the issue though as I'm no expert on this type of problem. 
As for what OS he is on, do you know what his song sounds like when you tickle him under the chin?  If he howls like a coyote then it is the very first OS but if he sings a little tune that is one of the more recent OS's.   Also do you know if he was able to do tricks?  The 2.0 OS has a bunch of tricks that the pleo can do like play dead, watchdog mode etc... so if you know if he could do tricks then that will help us pin down what OS he is running. 

My experience with Ugobes when they have a low battery they tend to freeze in place and then may after a few seconds/minutes start up again by making the Huh start up noise but then they will usually freeze again fairly quickly and then continue to repeat this cycle till the battery runs out completely.   So I'm not sure about your guy who seems to be going to sleep and making dream sounds?

Also do you have any issue with charging your batteries?  How long do they take to charge before they go green? 

riabobia

• Member of the herd
  • ca Female
    • Schroeder
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 06:34:32 PM »

He does have a little 'ba do do doo' tune to his song when you rub under his chin. The only trick I've tried to do with him is where he lifts one front leg and one back at the same time, and he does that successfully so hopefully that's helpful? I wish I knew more about him in the technical way lol. My batteries normally take a couple of hours to charge, which is what they've always been like. What other types of batteries are compatible with the Ugobes? (This is so embarrassing, everyone on the forum seems to know SO much about the technical side of the Pleos and I know nothing!)
xoxox, Ria & Albie

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 07:08:57 PM »

Hey no need to feel embarrassed, we all started out knowing pretty much nothing and I still feel like there are whole areas on pleo that I know nothing about :)  If you hang out on the forum long enough eventually some knowledge will rub off  :P 
As for your pleos issue I'm not convinced that it is a battery issue but I'm not experienced enough with these things to be bale to say for sure.
There are some really great batteries for ugobe pleos - the egg charger and battery - which will give you about 2 to 2 1/2 hours playtime from your pleo depending on how active he is.  They don't die like the old green ones do as they are made of different stuff.  They work great and I'd highly recommend them.  They are all I use in my guys now :)  You can buy them from the stores here on the forums from Nova's Necessities - take a look in the stores tab at the top of the page under the shout box.  Or try looking on ebay as there are a few sellers there too.  Depending on what country you live in it is worth looking at both options to compare shipping costs. 
I would wait till we resolve this issue first though or at least until someone else more cluey than me can give you some advice on the issue. 
I'm not convinced it is your batteries causing the problem but I don't know enough to about these things to be able to say one way or the other.  I think we have managed to gather enough info between us though for someone with a little more knowledge and experience to be able to help you out.  :)  So now you just have to wait for the right person to come along.  I'm thinking IMR or Crewella or one of the other long term members from the forum should be able to help.  Keep your chin up till then :)

riabobia

• Member of the herd
  • ca Female
    • Schroeder
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 07:38:12 PM »

Thanks so much for all your help in getting the right info out there! <3
xoxox, Ria & Albie

riabobia

• Member of the herd
  • ca Female
    • Schroeder
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 10:37:29 PM »

Well... This is really embarrassing...

Albie somehow was reset to the newborn stage.

I feel ridiculous for worrying now.
xoxox, Ria & Albie

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 04:30:22 AM »

How very odd!  Does that mean he's OK now?

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 06:44:25 AM »

It's a little weird for him to have reverted back to a hatchling but at least he is ok  :)  Much better for it to turn out this way than any other way I can think of  ;D  Here's hoping he stays ok.  Keep us posted on how he goes over the next week or so just to be sure :)

riabobia

• Member of the herd
  • ca Female
    • Schroeder
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 07:28:54 AM »

He's doing well! It's so strange that he did that, I heard Ugobes can never be reset... Oh well, I'm just glad he works!
xoxox, Ria & Albie

zetathix

• Head of the herd
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 08:16:03 AM »

Now you may interesting to buy some new battery, or at least try to buy a new charger and use "Revive" charge mode that use 16 hrs. through to try revive your batteries if it's work. This is a good investment.

But that's only an option. Cause until now I really don't  know what is the problem of your Albie.  :)

And again when now he's newborn. You may interesting to upgrade him to 2.0.1, Just make sure that you're upgrading a version step by step.  :cool:

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 12:55:08 PM »

Lilo has reset herself to a hatchling again on the odd occassion. It seems that the main file gets either corrupted or deleted and the system restarts.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

zetathix

• Head of the herd
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 08:09:43 AM »

Could it be a bug which rarely happen?  ???

Something make it fails to draw memory from flashdata, isn't it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal