Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: my news article about pleo and pleo rb  (Read 6028 times)

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
my news article about pleo and pleo rb
« on: February 11, 2013, 10:04:11 AM »

here's my news article about pleo and pleo rb. give me reviews, comments, advice, and let me know if i left anything out! :cool:

Today, I would like to talk about Pleo, the robotic baby dinosaur created by the same man who made Furbie. But Pleo is much more advanced. Pleo is equipped with many features, such as cameras, microphones, touch sensors, and more. We have two kinds of Pleos today, the Ugobe Pleo and the Pleo Reborn, which was created by Innvo labs. (PICTURE 1)The Ugobe Pleo is equipped with cameras, touch sensors, microphones, tilt sensors, a disrupter in its mouth to let it know when something is in its mouth, and most importantly, an artificial intelligence met by no other commercially available robot. The Pleo with the light skin is a Pleo Reborn, and has several new features.(PICTURE 2)  Pleo Reborn also has: more touch sensors, chip readers that allow for the Pleo to know what it’s eating, the ability to learn voice commands, temperature sensors, a memory, different genders, personalities, and color.(PICTURE 3) Pleo reborn also comes in pink and blue, though their skin and skins of other Pleos of the same color will be exactly the same, but eye color will change.(PICTURE 4) The green Pleo reborn will always look different from all other green Pleo reborn. Pleo can also be taught tricks using learning stones.  Pleo was created to encourage empathy, which is why many people will treat Pleo as if it was real. Unlike d-rex or other robot dinosaurs, Pleo is completely autonomous, meaning it moves completely on its own. They go through stages as they get older, learning to walk as they grow up. If you would like to learn more, please visit Pleoworld.com, spelled: P-L-E-O-W-O-R-L-D.com or bobthepleo.com, spelled B-O-B-T-H-E-P-L-E-O.com

Image 1 : http://www.theoldrobots.com/images25/pleo8.JPG
Image 2: http://trenddokument.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/pleo-rb_3-e1298035652195.jpg?w=540
Image3: http://www.gimmedigi.com/catalog/images/thumbs/PLEO_rb_1_5.jpg
Image 4: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=item&id=7437

Derpity derp derp derp derp

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: my news article about pleo and pleo rb
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 03:24:10 PM »

It looks good Ibyma.  The only issue I noticed was that you say pink and blue pleo rb have different eye colors.  they don't.  The pink ones always have blue eyes with gold eyelids and the blues always have amber eyes.  It is only the greens where you get variety in eye color and skin tones.  Hope that helps.  :)

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 04:42:24 PM »

really? oh! i'll just fix that, then  :-[

Today, I would like to talk about Pleo, the robotic baby dinosaur created by the same man who made Furbie. But Pleo is much more advanced. Pleo is equipped with many features, such as cameras, microphones, touch sensors, and more. We have two kinds of Pleos today, the Ugobe Pleo and the Pleo Reborn, which was created by Innvo labs. (PICTURE 1)The Ugobe Pleo is equipped with cameras, touch sensors, microphones, tilt sensors, a disrupter in its mouth to let it know when something is in its mouth, and most importantly, an artificial intelligence met by no other commercially available robot. The Pleo with the light skin is a Pleo Reborn, and has several new features.(PICTURE 2)  Pleo Reborn also has: more touch sensors, chip readers that allow for the Pleo to know what it’s eating, the ability to learn voice commands, temperature sensors, a memory, different genders, personalities, and color.(PICTURE 3) Pleo reborn also comes in pink and blue, though the skin and eye color of that and other Pleos of the same color will be exactly the same.(PICTURE 4) The green Pleo reborn will always look different from all other green Pleo reborn. Pleo can also be taught tricks using learning stones.  Pleo was created to encourage empathy, which is why many people will treat Pleo as if it was real. Unlike d-rex or other robot dinosaurs, Pleo is completely autonomous, meaning it moves completely on its own. They go through stages as they get older, learning to walk as they grow up. If you would like to learn more, please visit Pleoworld.com, spelled: P-L-E-O-W-O-R-L-D.com or bobthepleo.com, spelled B-O-B-T-H-E-P-L-E-O.com

how's that?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 04:45:25 PM by irbyma7297 »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 05:14:52 PM »

Looking good, but I think the Ugobe Pleos have an IR interrupter, not a disrupter?  :moose:

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 10:01:28 AM »

oh, interrupter's probably right. i'll fix that.

Today, I would like to talk about Pleo, the robotic baby dinosaur created by the same man who made Furbie. But Pleo is much more advanced. Pleo is equipped with many features, such as cameras, microphones, touch sensors, and more. We have two kinds of Pleos today, the Ugobe Pleo and the Pleo Reborn, which was created by Innvo labs. (PICTURE 1)The Ugobe Pleo is equipped with cameras, touch sensors, microphones, tilt sensors, an IR interrupter in its mouth to let it know when something is in its mouth, and most importantly, an artificial intelligence met by no other commercially available robot. The Pleo with the light skin is a Pleo Reborn, and has several new features.(PICTURE 2)  Pleo Reborn also has: more touch sensors, chip readers that allow for the Pleo to know what it’s eating, the ability to learn voice commands, temperature sensors, a memory, different genders, personalities, and color.(PICTURE 3) Pleo reborn also comes in pink and blue, though the skin and eye color of that and other Pleos of the same color will be exactly the same.(PICTURE 4) The green Pleo reborn will always look different from all other green Pleo reborn. Pleo can also be taught tricks using learning stones.  Pleo was created to encourage empathy, which is why many people will treat Pleo as if it was real. Unlike d-rex or other robot dinosaurs, Pleo is completely autonomous, meaning it moves completely on its own. They go through stages as they get older, learning to walk as they grow up. If you would like to learn more, please visit Pleoworld.com, spelled: P-L-E-O-W-O-R-L-D.com or bobthepleo.com, spelled B-O-B-T-H-E-P-L-E-O.com

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 04:55:23 PM »

;D

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 10:04:35 AM »

any other mentionable things about pleos?

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 03:27:21 PM »

You could mention that they make a great pet alternative for those who can't have pets or for children to learn about caring for and interacting with a pet.  You could also talk about some of the different features / improvements of the Pleo Rb such as the noon clock that allows the pleo to know the time of day and behave accordingly, being scared of the dark, reacting to hot and cold, etc...
You could also talk about the difference between Ugobe and Pleo rb for learning and performing tricks.  If your taking your pleos in with you then a simple one to demonstrate is the ta da trick or getting the pleo to sit. 

PleoAibo29

• Pleontologist
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Suse and Mack
  • linux n00b
    • none
    • Gonzo
    • Flying_Ace
    • AIBO Cafe
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 08:16:45 PM »

Its spelled furby, not furbie.