Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fursuit head done!  (Read 4494 times)

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
fursuit head done!
« on: January 02, 2013, 11:51:12 AM »

well, i finished her awhile ago but got to busy to post it anywhere so yeah....

this was my first attempt at a fursuit head, though I do have some expieriance in sewing from lessons for a couple years... She was made on a DVC resin blank (small canine) with VERY expensive fur from Fabric land (40$ per yard) thank god for the 50% off sale... she has 5 diffrent types of fur on the head, black long pile fur, black short pile fur, white, grey, and brown. grey markings around the ears (hard to see from long white fur) short pile black on ears, white markings, and a brown spot behind the ears. She has a gold nose and eyes, plus 3 earings 2 that change color in the sun, and one rainbow color ball and the top.

This was my second attempt on this head, the first i shaved the fur down with scissors, and it turned out too short and all choppy, plus seams where showing it was just to ugly to post anywhere.. I didnt want to refur the whole head all over again, but later on my hinge detached from the jaw so i had to refur it anyway. After taking a couple days to duct tape it again, cut out the peices, then hand sew them again, i was done with a hairy head again. But this time being smart I used my mom's dog shavers with a #10 blade, and it turned out 100X better then before I'm very proud with it now. 

her features are:
-resin blank
-glow in the dark Jaw set
-silacone tongue
-moving jaw
-3D resin follow me eyes
-all sewn seams

when i sewed the top of her head, I cut the peices out so they were bigger so when they where sewn and glued to the head it would overlap by the eyes, to make eye brows I left them long at the end to give that little whisp of fur, I think that made it cute.

Resin blank, eyes, Jawset, and silicone tongue all made by DVC or monoyasha

cut, hinged, and put together by me.

I hope to get into commissons when im older, and this is my first step. I hope to turn this head into a full fursuit when i get money to buy more fur, the hand paws, feet paws, tail and digitgrade padding is already done for this fursuit.
thanks for looking
bonus

I'm to lazy i just copied evrey thing from my furry forums, so sorry if its a litte long winded. Usally other fursuit builders will want to know alot of detail, or a million questions will be asked... and i though others would like to know how this is done. and sorry for some "furry" language in the post lol

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: fursuit head done!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 01:41:52 PM »

Neat! You've been working on it for a long time. Congrats on finishing it!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 03:54:10 PM »

Wow!   ;D  You've done an awesome job  ;D  I love the eyebrows they do make it look cute and the earrings are a nice touch too. 

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 04:06:21 PM »

Woah, that's bloody impressive! It looks amazing, well done on such a great job, think you're well on your way to being able to do commissions. & a full fursuit would be awesome - if you do it please post photos! I've never seen anything like this before  :-*
"She's not just a dinosaur, she's my best friend. I'll always love her & I promise to never ever leave her, cause I'd miss her too much & she'd miss me" - my son about Piper <3

Kami

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 06:26:33 PM »

Amazing! I don't know very many people who can sew that well; it's a really great skill to have and keep up. I don't really know anything about fursuit building either but I find it very interesting.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 06:27:22 PM »

That IS fabulous, I love the eyes and brows - very expressive!  :)

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Teskus the baby Ugobe
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 09:42:32 PM »

I wish i could be that good. I am a furry, and my first fursuit is a black wolf. The head on my own looks aweful, lol. I had no idea i would find furries on here.

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 03:53:35 PM »

I have made lots a progress on the suits, and im recieving my fur tomorrow to do the body suit.

here is the progress i got with my friends suit, he is a wolf with foxish colors and markings

I think he turned out pretty good, he is not finished yet he needs a jawset still. He has regular 2D eyes (no following effect)

This is a new project im working on. I bought this head as a premade. she was made by BlueCresentCosplay. it is a glowing blue husky head

it features
- 3D follow me eyes
- sculpy nose
- custom jawset (fell out)
- soft luxury shag fur
- air brushed markings

and the main feature is an EL wire in the face and mouth that makes the head glow a blue color, it is very neat.

And an update to the black wolf head i have

here are the hand paws they are not finished they need silicone paw pads and resin claws still, they are four fingered.

and here is the "under suit" for the fursuit its basicly there to make sure the pattern fits (i used the pattern from a duct tape dummy) and its good to wear the suit under to fur suit to stop nasty suits..

it fits like a secound skin which is what you want

here are some videos for those who are interested

here is the black wolf over view
 http://youtu.be/i6_qw-fYwRE

Blue husky overview
 http://youtu.be/u0MFyASA1FA

what im working on
 http://youtu.be/R-4n_FjRA70

a firsuit outing in -40C wether
 http://youtu.be/FLLLnkwb8bQ

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 04:55:50 PM »

All looks great so far :)  can't wait to see the full suit.  I love the orange one best out of all of them but they are all so awesome :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal