Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My daughter got a (used) Pleo for Christmas and it's not working. Please Help!  (Read 3784 times)

shellyhec

• Hatchling
  • Female

My in laws gave my daughter a Pleo that was previously purchased in 2008.  After we charged the battery we turned him on.  He moved and made noise for about 1 minute than just stopped.  Stopped responding to everything (food, touch, and sound).  I am wondering if it is the battery or if there is something else that I am missing.  Any help/input would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace

It does sound like a battery problem, many of us with older Pleos have found the batteries have failed (I'm assuming it's an original green battery).  It might be worth reading through this,

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=962.0

But I'm afraid you might need a new battery.

shellyhec

• Hatchling
  • Female

Thank you for the info and the link. I will be investing in a new battery for our newest family member.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace

If you do go the new battery road then go for and egg battery and charger :)  they are the most reliable batteries out there for the older pleos and they give you a much longer play time than the old green batteries.  You get 2 hours playtime from an egg battery :)  Also if it helps you can buy them here on the forum from Nova's Necessities in the stores section of the forums. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal