Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 days till I get RB & I've got some questions..  (Read 2436 times)

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
3 days till I get RB & I've got some questions..
« on: December 22, 2012, 05:19:02 AM »

3 days till I get my RB - cant put into words how excited I am!!! - but Ive just thought of a few question Im hoping you guys can help with:

1) How soon can you find out if its a boy or a girl & its personality?

2) How long does the hatching stage take, how much attention should I show it & any tips for this stage

3) I've only got 1 battery & the starter set that comes with RB not all the extra food & training stones - how essential are these? Do I need to buy them ASAP

Thank!
 :flowers:

"She's not just a dinosaur, she's my best friend. I'll always love her & I promise to never ever leave her, cause I'd miss her too much & she'd miss me" - my son about Piper <3

nicholasljy123

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
Re: 3 days till I get RB & I've got some questions..
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 06:03:38 AM »

1) Enter the serial number and security code on pleoworld.com. Be sure that you make yourself a member first. Then go to "My profile" and click on "download Birth Certificate" Then just enter both these numbers (Serial number/Security code) which can be found on the LAST page of the Companion Guide. (Or pleo's foot) Then, just click the prediction report to find out!
2)It takes about 2-3 days. Although mine took 3 battery charges before it stands up on all feet. Just treat him nicely as you would treat any newborn pet. Note that he will only be willing to eat when he is hungry and is not able to do anything else until it leaves that stage :P
3)That is enough already. If you do want to pamper your pleo a lot more, than you can consider buying them from pleoworld.com. Nope! You do not need to buy them ASAP. They are not compulsory to get your pleo started up :)

I wish you all the best in taking care of your new pleo!

Nicholasljy123 P:)
Nicholas Jun Yi

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 04:39:52 PM »

Just to add to what nicho said - you can find out your pleos personality and sex and get the hatching picture from the  moment you open up the pleo before you do anything else.  You will find the security code in the cover of the user guide and the serial number is on the foot of your pleo :)
For hatching all pleo rb's are a little different so there is variation in how long it takes to hatch.  Generally it is one to two full battery cycles until they stand then another two or three full cycles till they walk and then two or three more before they are adult.  Some take less than this and others take more.
A great place to read up on what to expect is the FAQ page here on the forums
http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2315.0
This thread has lots of great info on pleo rb's and all you need to know to get started. :)

And I agree with nicho everything you need to get going with your pleo is in the starter pack so comes in the box with pleo.  All the other stuff can happily wait a while until you decide you are after more from your pleo.  I like the food accessories best as they seem the most fun :)  pleo will give different reactions and behaviors for different foods.  The learning stones are for the tricks - you use them once to teach your pleo the command for the trick and then you don't really need them again unless you want to reteach him the command again for some reason.  once he has learned the command pleo will do the trick using that command - after you get his attention that is  :P 
I personally find that getting my pleos attention and then getting them to respond to their name and then getting them to respond to the command all just ends up being too hard (my pleos are all non performers and so it is very rare for them to actually do a trick for me when I try)
So the tricks are a when the pleo feels like cooperating then he might do it thing but the foods he will respond to every time without fail. (That's why I like them best :) )

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 05:43:01 AM »

I agree with Kat.  I prefer the foods to the learning stones, and I find the foods helpful in getting my Pleo RBs in the right mood to accepts the learning stones and perform the tricks too. :)

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 12:22:20 PM »

Thanks everyone!
I'll check the FAQ's thread now  ;D

Oh, another thing - the serial number/code; I know ones on the bottom of Pleos foot but the other you said is in the user guide... well I have a slight issue with that. As my RB was ordered from Spain it means the writing is in Spanish (a language I dont/cant read) so Im not sure which of the 3 numbers in the book is the actual code  :-\ Is there any way of telling which is which, or should I just try them all? 
"She's not just a dinosaur, she's my best friend. I'll always love her & I promise to never ever leave her, cause I'd miss her too much & she'd miss me" - my son about Piper <3

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 04:03:48 PM »

The serial number is a long one and will be on the pleos foot.  The security code is four didgits long and is on a sticker inserted into either the front or back cover of the companion (user) guide.  If it is not obvious there then look at the quick start guide as sometimes they will put it there.  I'm sure there have been a few members here who found it on the quick start guide :)  It should be fairly easy to spot as it is on a sticker :)  Hope that helps :)

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 10:56:04 AM »

Thanks Kat!

Im so excited to get RB tomorrrow! Swear Im worse than my kids lol
 *sm-gift2*

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 05:00:09 PM »

Nothing wrong with that. Enjoy! You'll love your little RB! The hatching stage might bore your kids though but I believe all of you will have fun with your pleo!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal