Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2013 Calendar: Events and holidays  (Read 2033 times)

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
2013 Calendar: Events and holidays
« on: December 15, 2012, 12:29:02 AM »

I realize everyone is right in the middle of the holiday madness, but I thought I'd give you a sneak peek at the upcoming activities for next month!

We've got Spaghetti Day on Friday the 4th, you can relax and soak up the holiday on the 8th with Bubble Bath Day, Dress up your Pleo Day is the 14th, you get to answer your cat's questions on the 22nd, and pop off with Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day on the 28th.  We'll probably try to do something for Curmudgeon's Day on the 29th.  Then there are the odd combinations like the 21st... it's National Hugging Day and Squirrel Appreciation Day... coincidence?  I think not.  And for those who can bring their pleo to the Saint San Antonio Abad mission in Mexico, you can get your little robot pet blessed by the Catholic priests!

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
Re: 2013 Calendar: Events and holidays
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 05:02:52 AM »

OhMyFreakingGosh!! I all but died reading that! I love this, Mweed! Are all those real events? Either way it was far too precious!!! I can see it now, people will be BUSY taking their daily holiday photos! This calendar is for sale, correct? If so, where/how could I purchase one??

Some of my favorite January Holidays: Hot Tea Month, Spaghetti Day!, Thank God It's Monday Day (really??), National Nothing Day (my personal fave!!), Judgement Day? Oooh!, Answer Your Cats Questions Day (now to get a cat...), Australia Day (of course!), And, Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day (second fave, and a very close to tie with Nothing Day)...

And all my life, I just assumed January was very cold, the New Year, and on the 2nd my deceased Mothers birthday...I have a lot to learn now!!
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 12:17:09 AM »

They are all real holidays/events . . . some from around the world. We don't have "Bank Holidays" here in the US, or celebrate Plough Monday . . . Those are a bit more British.  Of course Australia Day is an Australian holiday, and Tyvendedagen is a Swedish holiday.  But this is our third year to publish a pleo calendar . . .

You can buy them directly from Zazzle (see this topic: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=3410.0 ), or just PM me.  I have a couple of extras from when I placed the bulk order, which might be a bit cheaper.  I'd offer to sell you a 2012 calendar as well, but I'm not sure you'd get it in time to be of any use! ;)

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 03:30:58 AM »

I'm British and I've never heard of plough Monday!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 03:57:34 AM »

Plough Monday isn't Australian either  %) 
Ok I googled it and ....
Plough Monday is the traditional start of the English agricultural year. While local practices may vary, Plough Monday is generally the first Monday after the 6 January.
The day traditionally saw the resumption of work after the Christmas period. In some areas, particularly in northern England and East England, a plough was hauled from house to house in a procession, collecting money. They were often accompanied by musicians, an old woman or a boy dressed as an old woman, called the "Bessy", and a man in the role of the "fool". 'Plough Pudding' is a boiled suet pudding, containing meat and onions. It is from Norfolk and is eaten on Plough Monday.

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 09:02:51 AM »

Very funny, some of the holidays! Thank you for the info, Mike..I will get back to you on the calendar.
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal