Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neck concern  (Read 3226 times)

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
Neck concern
« on: October 31, 2012, 03:17:13 PM »

I had family round tonight so decided to show them what a Pleo was after a discussion on Xmas, & I noticed that while showing them RB's neck didnt move very well - he/she was still off (have yet to turn it on) so I only did a slight wiggle just to show them the head moves, but while the left side moves fine I've noticed the right side (the side it lays on when in the box) barely moved, it moved like a centimetre then stopped, it felt like there was something blocking it from moving any more.

Is that normal?  ???

Sorry for all the questions!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 05:37:51 PM by Peaches »

"She's not just a dinosaur, she's my best friend. I'll always love her & I promise to never ever leave her, cause I'd miss her too much & she'd miss me" - my son about Piper <3

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Neck concern
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 03:47:46 PM »

A little bit of slack here and there is normal but please, please, please be extra careful when moving the neck (or any other part) while turned off! You could damage the cables or motors. Pleo is not designed to move when turned off.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
Re: Neck concern
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 05:40:03 PM »

So nothing to be concerned about? Thank god. Its the side that didnt move that worried me, I wondered if the neck was broken or something..
Oh god, I wont be doing that again then! Thankfully I literally just did the little wiggle, wouldn't even call it that, just slightly movement either side.
"She's not just a dinosaur, she's my best friend. I'll always love her & I promise to never ever leave her, cause I'd miss her too much & she'd miss me" - my son about Piper <3
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal