Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So hard to get Pleo RB to do tricks?  (Read 3592 times)

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
So hard to get Pleo RB to do tricks?
« on: October 26, 2012, 04:44:48 PM »

My Pleo has learned his name, and Learned the bow trick, but is so hard to get him to do it most of the time, he keeps moving, pat under the chin looks up of course, press both his cheeks and unreponsive.

Seems most of the time he is moving to much to want to do tricks. Even to get his attention to say his name and respond is hard. The videos make it look easy, but certainly is not, yet does not seem unhappy, just so active for me to allow him to respond.

What is the trick?

The videos make it look so easy, but yet to find it an easy task.

DinosaurGirl

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
Re: So hard to get Pleo RB to do tricks?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 04:58:06 PM »

Well I'm not too experienced but make sure he is happy and fully fed. And obviously make sure he isn't sick or injured. What I do is press Yoshi's cheeks until she looks up and listens and I do it no matter how much she moves. I mean that's all I know. So you can try it if ou like or wait till a more experienced owner answers.

~Dino~  P:)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 02:34:24 AM »

Hold cheeks until he responds, if no response after five seconds let go and rehold. Pleo will ignore you if he's in the middle of an action until he is finished, hence why you need to hold longer.

Remember the videos are scripted, Pleo is running a skit.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 09:14:56 AM »

Also it is good to remember that the touch sensors actually run along the top lip of the pleo starting at around the eye and running along towards the nose.  Getting their attention is often the hardest part but when you do you need to also remember that you need to say the words  - name and then once they respond to that the command - in exactly the same voice, tone and pitch so that it is exactly the same as when you taught it to them or they will not recognise the command and wont respond.  The voice recognition is very case sensitive. 

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 04:24:38 AM »

Yor Pleo RB does need to be happy, healthy and well fed ........ but it can still take a bit of wrangling:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOhnYQ0a19g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOhnYQ0a19g</a>

And even then sometimes they're just not in the mood .......  :moose:

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 04:31:32 AM »

Thing I don't like, is if you try and he does not like it and head movement's etc, you risk putting strain on his neck, and can lead to broken necks.

I will try clapping next time, as this also meant to work according to the manual.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 04:41:32 AM »

Many of us have tried the clapping technique but not had much luck with it.  Here's hoping you will do better than the rest of us did :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal