Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New owner - battery issues  (Read 5388 times)

Kleines

• Hatchling
  • Female
New owner - battery issues
« on: October 12, 2012, 06:44:59 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I'm really hoping that I've come to the right place to get some help, on the weekend my boss purchased a second hand ugobe pleo on ebay for his son. However, the battery life terrible (definitely not getting an hour of play after charging for six hours as i've read we should).

Is it possible to buy new batteries for the Ugobe Pleo? I've seen speak of egg batteries but the photos i've seen online don't look like they'll fit in this pleo? We're keen to buy a new one, and keep the current one to increase the amount of play time available (though i worry the capacity of the current battery will continue to get worse).

Also, it was missing it's feeding leaf and although she feeds okay off my finger when hungry I'd like to buy a feeding leaf or something similar so his son has something to feed her with which is more food like. Is the Pleo RB feeding pack that contains the chilli etc suitable for pleo? I know it probably won't effect her moods but she would feed off these wouldn't she?

Any help any of you can offer I'd be grateful for!

Many Thanks,

Kleines

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: New owner - battery issues
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 08:17:39 AM »

Hi and welcome to the forums, I do sell the Egg battery and charger that is made for the Ugobe Pleos. I have 22 ugobe Pleos, ( 25 Pleos all together, 3 are RB ) and I also have been selling these on ebay. they work great on the Ugobe Pleos and will give you about 2--2--1/2 hrs of playtime, Several members here on the forum have purchased them from me and others have gotten them somewhere else, and I think everyone will agree 100% that the Li-Polymer battery and egg charger are your best bet and you will be happy that you got it, Here is a photo of the batteries with three of my ugobes, If you go to the link that says, stores and then click on Nova's Neccessities, you will see the details on shipping and cost, otherwise you can Private message me for more details, Here is the link of the Photo.http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=media&id=7014;preview
    As for the leaf, a cheap and fun alternative for the leaf is just to make a leaf out of something soft like felt, the other ones made for RB are pretty expensive and the learning stones do not work for the Ugobes. Good luck and if you have anymore questions, feel free to ask me,  :)                   RedwoodsMama       (RWM) and the Pleo township of the Redwoods P8)
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Kiromanta

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 03:50:21 AM »

Welcome Kleines,

I am a "new" owner of an Ugobe Pleo, bought on ebay. I do recommend the egg charger battery, it is perfect. Actually it only fits in Ugobes, not in RB.
I resetted Onni, my Pleo  :-* , so I could experience his birth and childhood. He is still just a small kid  :)
That, (and the price ) was the main reason for Ugobe. You cannot reset RB  >:(

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 05:42:07 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forums :)  You came to just the right place  ;)
I think the others have covered off the battery issue.  Egg charger and battery is the way to go.  The main differences between the egg battery and the green battery the pleo comes with originally is that the charger for the egg battery is shaped like an egg :)  the battery its self is exactly the same shape and size as the original green battery but it is white.  You can buy them from here from RWM or check out ebay as you will find them on there too. 
As for the leaves, Ugobe pleos will chomp on anything.  The pleo rb leaf pack you mentioned would be fine but you will find that the mushroom and the chili pepper are quite chunky and it may be a bit hard for a child to get these into the pleos mouth - I struggle a bit sometimes getting them into my rb's mouth.  I would recommend that if you want to buy him a leaf then just go for the conifer leaf.  Pleoworld sell this separately on it's own for $5.99.  The mint leaf and the rock salt are also sold separately and would be fine too.  These ones are all fairly flat and not too thick and so very easy to get into a pleos mouth :)

dizzy

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
    • My Blog Page - Tattooed Mummy's Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 05:29:00 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I'm really hoping that I've come to the right place to get some help, on the weekend my boss purchased a second hand ugobe pleo on ebay for his son. However, the battery life terrible (definitely not getting an hour of play after charging for six hours as i've read we should).

Is it possible to buy new batteries for the Ugobe Pleo? I've seen speak of egg batteries but the photos i've seen online don't look like they'll fit in this pleo? We're keen to buy a new one, and keep the current one to increase the amount of play time available (though i worry the capacity of the current battery will continue to get worse).

Also, it was missing it's feeding leaf and although she feeds okay off my finger when hungry I'd like to buy a feeding leaf or something similar so his son has something to feed her with which is more food like. Is the Pleo RB feeding pack that contains the chilli etc suitable for pleo? I know it probably won't effect her moods but she would feed off these wouldn't she?

Any help any of you can offer I'd be grateful for!

Many Thanks,

Kleines

we have a 2nd hand Pleo (Ugobe) from ebay too - I just found this very helpful forum  :-* and have ordered an egg battery charger (and two batteries) from ebay (Taiwan)  - it was (slightly) cheaper to do that than get then from the US. I'll let you know how it goes! and I'll be keen to see if you get some extra life out of Theo P:D

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 09:45:29 AM »

Hi and welcome to the forums, I do sell the Egg battery and charger that is made for the Ugobe Pleos. I have 22 ugobe Pleos, ( 25 Pleos all together, 3 are RB ) and I also have been selling these on ebay. they work great on the Ugobe Pleos and will give you about 2--2--1/2 hrs of playtime, Several members here on the forum have purchased them from me and others have gotten them somewhere else, and I think everyone will agree 100% that the Li-Polymer battery and egg charger are your best bet and you will be happy that you got it, Here is a photo of the batteries with three of my ugobes, If you go to the link that says, stores and then click on Nova's Neccessities, you will see the details on shipping and cost, otherwise you can Private message me for more details, Here is the link of the Photo.http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=media&id=7014;preview
    As for the leaf, a cheap and fun alternative for the leaf is just to make a leaf out of something soft like felt, the other ones made for RB are pretty expensive and the learning stones do not work for the Ugobes. Good luck and if you have anymore questions, feel free to ask me,  :)                   RedwoodsMama       (RWM) and the Pleo township of the Redwoods P8)

I AGREE! i bought from her, after the same battery problems, and a kapoot battery, my pleo is happier than ever!!!

rwm, i found the pefect smilie for you!!
Derpity derp derp derp derp

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 10:40:53 AM »

Very cute Irbyma, never saw that before! Thanks for posting.                   RWM :cat:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal