Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A trip to Kings Park in the heart of the city of Perth  (Read 1339 times)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
A trip to Kings Park in the heart of the city of Perth
« on: October 02, 2012, 05:36:55 PM »

We got up very early yesterday and headed into the city to go for a walk around Kings Park.  We had to go very early as Minyon was just dying to have his photo taken with all the cool Australian Dinosaurs that live there.  :)  We had to make sure we got there before all the mums and kids as it is school holidays here and the dinosaurs are nestled in amongst the kids playground area.  Each dinosaurs has it's own plaque telling you all about it but of course I forgot to take pics of them  :P but I can tell you that they are all Australian dinosaurs found only here.
(not sure if your still after calender shots Mike but your welcome to any of these if they are appropriate)
Dinosaur footprints to follow.  They lead us to the dinosaurs :)
This guy looks a lot like a giant Crocodile but apparently they are no relation.  Minyon liked him very much :)  He was huge!
This was as close to pleo sized as we found in the park.  This little fresh hatched guy was so cute Minyon just had to say hello.  And then we checked out his mama :)
So big compared to Minyon but not too big :) 
These guys were just a bit odd looking.  They look a bit like a giant wombat except dinosaurish at the same time  :D
And then lastly we found these cute bird like creatures

And then all the children arrived and it was time for us to go home for a big nap.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: A trip to Kings Park in the heart of the city of Perth
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 07:00:21 PM »

Sounds like fun, Kat! I bet Minion had fun, too. Could you touch the dinosaurs and if so what were they made of?
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 09:08:53 PM »

Coolest park ever :D I am jealous of Minyon getting to meet so many cool dinos!
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 10:34:02 PM »

I saw those photos this morning before you made the post and I knew you had lots of fun, I bet you both had fun but some of those guys were so huge and scary. Minyon is very brave to see and step on those guys, I would be shaking in my pants... :o ;D I wonder what the school children would have thought to see Minyon, " hatching" from one of those eggs,,,,they would have had to take a double take. LOL P8) Sounds like lots of fun, is it free to the public? Thanks for sharing your fun day with all of us, I had 20+ Pleos crowded around my computer monitor yelling, screaming and ohhing and aweing in disbelief... P8) P:o :o

RWM and the Pleo Township of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 02:41:07 AM »

Oh my gosh, Minyon is super lucky to have been able to attend that family reunion. :P
They all look so lifelike, I bet they would be scary to come across in the dark.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal