Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Awesome Video on Caleb Chung and origin of Pleo, Furby More. Great!  (Read 5154 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace

I came across this video just a few minutes ago while googling info on Pleo, (referrring to the Asian Market and Toys R Us. ) It is not only very educational and gives great background on how Pleo came to be, but very entertaining and what enthusiasim Caleb Chung has for what he does and he has a GREAT Sense of humor, This is a LONG video, but I found every  minute, no second of it, not dry or boring at all.  He explains his background and there are some very interesting toys he made prior to Pleo for Mattel and others, He said one thing when bringing out and talking about Pleo that I remember and he hit dead on; Pleo is not a "robot", but a " Lovebot" :)

it is also interesting to see the development of how Furby came to be. With the New Furby 2012, you may want to see how Furby originally looked, I did not know prior to this video, but his wife is actualy a artist and she did the drawing  of how Furby would look. Oh and Mike, yes there was a "Demon Furby", LOL, my fave though was the Furby with a cigar in it's mouth! I won't tell you anymore, but just take a look, , I think it is a very entertaining and Fun video to watch. I knew quite a  bit about Caleb Chung, but now I feel I know more on what makes him tick, a person I would love to meet in person and talk to. Hope some of you enjoy this as much as I did! Tell others what your favorite part or something you learned you did not know before.       http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtmebd_ted-talk-caleb-chung-plays-with-pleo_animals      

RWM and the Pleo Township of the Redwoods
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 09:05:25 AM by RedwoodsMama »

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Awesome Video on Caleb Chung and origin of Pleo, Furby More. Great!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 04:13:57 AM »

I remember that video, it is good fun! :)

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 07:39:47 PM »

early drawing of pleos= EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Derpity derp derp derp derp

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 08:19:41 AM »

Wow! Very informative video! Caleb Chung does sound like a very interesting person.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal