Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: how i found out about pleo  (Read 18500 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: how i found out about pleo
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2014, 12:30:07 PM »

Congrats and welcome to the forum. What type of pleo did you decide to get, the originalUgobe or a Pleo RB? Be sure to post photos when your pleo arrices. I am sure you will enjoy life with your pleo.. just be forewarned, they are or can be "addicting".. LOL :o ;D RWM  :cat-hug: and the pleo township of the Redwoods P:)
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Sorel

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Smudge, Biscuit, Gummi
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2014, 05:06:39 PM »

These are really fun stories to read :)

For me I've always loved robots. I was heavy into transformers as a child and furby was my most beloved toy. The first time I ever saw pleo was when I was 17 and I used to love going in sharper image. I could never afford anything there but I loved to look! I'm a bit embarrassed to say I thought pleo was really gross when I first saw it ^_^; the poor pleo sharper image had as a demo model had no paint left on it at all and was very sticky looking. The mechanical noise when it moved was extremely loud and grating. Of course now I know that pleo had been through the wringer and pleos are actually very pretty and their motors and gears are not supposed to be that loud. At the time however, I was far more drawn to wowees roboraptor and robosapien. Wow what a disappointment those toys turned out to be for me. I still look back at the claims that roboraptor had "touch sensors" and "emotional A.I." and get a good laugh.

Through the years I ended up owning a meriod of robotic toys and every one of them left me disappointed. What I really wanted was a robot and the ones that came with remote controls always struck me as more like RC cars then real robots. It took me rediscovering pleo this month to recapture some of that magic that furby brought me when I was 10.
Ugobe pleo: Smudge, Gummi
Pleo Rb: Biscuit

PinkPleo

• Following the footsteps
  • us
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2017, 05:33:08 PM »

I saw one of the original ones in a store (Sharper Image probably) and was amazed by it. It was hatd to even get close to it because so many people wanted to see and touch it. It was so real, so detailed, and had an amazing skin texture....wanted one SO bad. However, I was just a kid and had no money. I remember everybody there was really turned off by the price. On and off I have thought about them over the years and was so happy to find out someone had continued making them.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal