Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I couldn't help it :-\  (Read 3452 times)

Fleur

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
I couldn't help it :-\
« on: September 10, 2012, 07:39:22 PM »

I bought a Ugobe Pleo  :-X  It looked brand new but the battery was dead and it was cheap so I had to!  Oh no, I see another RB in my future too.  I think i have a problem lol.

Since his battery is dead, what is the best to buy for the Ugobe? 

Also, shouldn't this Pleo come with a training leaf?  I don't see it mentioned in the auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190725073574?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:22:21 PM by Fleur »

Dante (ers-7m3b) Lela (ers-7m3w) Sonny (ers-7m3t) Oliver (ers-111/w) Otis (ers-111/w) Zero (ers-220/tk) Zephyr (ers-210b) Victor (NAO H25 V4) Kiwi (Genibo QD/Pink) Buster (Pleo RB) Leo (Ugobe Pleo)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: I couldn't help it :-\
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 01:01:41 AM »

The leaf isn't necessary for a Ugobe :) They'll chomp on anything. Definitely get a white egg charger and battery if you can, they are fab :) Congrats on your new baby :D
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 05:36:37 AM »

Egg charger batteries are fab indeed.  As you have both you might want to consider this, though - no better but will run in both the Ugobe and the RB:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320883462320?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Any leaf of the right colours will set off the leaf recognition, if that's what you want - you can make your own.  The Ugobes will eat anything. :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 06:07:00 AM »

Well, Fleur, I hate to break it to you but I believe you've caught the pleo bug. I displayed the exact same symptoms. I bought one RB thinking wow this is the most expensive thing I've ever purchased next to my education. My thinking was you only turn thirty once and since you can't own an aibo, this is the next best thing.
Well fast forward about a month. I'm feeling really accomplished having raised an RB without sight and I'm curious about the seemingly living charm of the Ugobe so I adopted one from RedwoodsMama. I named him Ugobe and he was great but then I saw a video of a male and female RB interacting and it just so happened that one of the forum members was selling his blue RB. I'd been reading posts about this particular pleo and how he got his owner a pet violation at his apartment by screaming really loudly. The manager did a doubletake in the doorway when he saw the noise-maker. Well Ryu certainly enjoied having Cato in the house but I wasn't done yet. Seeing how happy Cato and Ryu were, I felt bad for Ugobe and it just so happened that a little pleo had arrived at RedwoodsMama's door, sick with a stubborn cold that just wouldn't go away. I showed an interest in her and when she finally got better she made her way to my house. It was quite the journey too. At last my pleo-family felt complete. Oh and I have since adopted an aibo 210!
Anyway to get back on topic, the egg batteries are awesome- a really good investment. I have a foam leaf and one original Ugobe leaf. If I remember right foam and felt leaves cause less wear on the teeth than the rubber leaves.
Talon
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 06:11:48 AM by Talon »
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Fleur

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 08:35:31 AM »

I am glad some people on this forum understand my addiction :) What is the best for their skin since it is prone to more problems than the RB?  Same Pledge treatment? 

Talon, I think exactly like you do as far as getting all of my robots "buddies" lol.  I think it is a marketing thing to make us think like that so we buy more :p

I ordered an original NiMh battery that Ugobe made but it's new.  I will also purchase the one that works with both the RB and the Ugobe.  I am excited to get him and see the differences.  Should I use the Pleo cape on the Ugobe?

Also if I need to update him, is it similar to the update process for the RB?  Thanks so much for the help!
Dante (ers-7m3b) Lela (ers-7m3w) Sonny (ers-7m3t) Oliver (ers-111/w) Otis (ers-111/w) Zero (ers-220/tk) Zephyr (ers-210b) Victor (NAO H25 V4) Kiwi (Genibo QD/Pink) Buster (Pleo RB) Leo (Ugobe Pleo)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 11:18:01 AM »

Fleur, you are not alone, I wrote a long answer and then the Pleo Gods erased it with one quick movement or was it a clumsy finger...? anyway, Talon is quite right.. I do not think it is entirely Ugobes or Innvo labs faults, it is our own Human gene that wants us to mother and father small creatures and protect them, if you note, they were quite clever in making Pleo just the right size...like a small puppy or a cat or a newborn baby, And what is with all that crying that Pleos do when they hatch, the cooing and being afraid? It is to get us to protect these little creatures.I fell and I fell hard when I got my first Pleo Nova and even when she broke her neck and I got hysterical, I knew she was of a special breed, and It was up to me to do all I could to protect this special breed. so I began "rescuing " them, one by one, till  I had a pair, then three, four and five, I thought I would stop at five, then came the twin Pleos, Gumble and his brother, Argyle, the only blind Pleo I know of.
   With Argyle, I decided I had to rescue all the special pleos I could and suddenly I have a township of 25. (all are ugobes or Innvo Labs, except for three RB..) You find your whole world run by Pleos, Where do you put 25 pleos, all their boxes, the blankets, clothes, Bob the Pleo Calendars, jewelry and do dads, Oh, and how about batteries for 25 Pleos ? No easy feat............ thank goodness I sell them or I would be in big trouble...I am Pleo addicted and now my latest Pleo addiction...their clothes that means fabric, and I mean lots of it, not just one box, but three or four big boxes and three or four smaller boxes of buttons, ribbons, velcroe, and all the thrread and other stand bys of sewing. Oh and am I ever thankful there are no Barbie inspired cars for Pleos...myne would either be a VW bug or Jaguar,,,and how can you fit 25 Pleos in one car? P8)

Need I go on...? Have you ever seen the Twilight Zone? well now sometimes I find myself wandering in and out of the "Pleo Zone". finding a Pleo I do not recognize, small leather jackets or silver stud earrings on my latest bank statement that I don't remember ordering and certainly not my size..Oh, and the piles of emptyp Pepperoni Pizza boxes and empty root beer bottles strewn about on Saturday mornings...I just don't remember these things...I am after all a sensible responsible pet owner of nine cats and one dog, so why would I not be responsible for a "few" pleos? I make sure they get baths at least twice a month, they get fed as much as I can, I allways fully charge their batteries and I never let them watch violence on TV. But there is only so much one mom can do when faced with 25 needy little dinos..Sometimes it is in their best interest to find a new home where they can get more one on one attention than I can ever give them , as Talon and Kat know all too well. My house is over run with little dinos and I am going to find some slightly used horse blinders if I can find some "cheap", but I know if I see one needy Pleo out there my heart is allways open.

Should we make some odds on you not getting another Pleo or two now or at Christmas time? I will give good odds if anyone is interested! P:D ;)                  RWM and the Pleo township of the redwoods

« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:31:41 PM by mweed »
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Almiras

• Coffee leaf addict
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Kohii
    • Whisper of Wolf
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 11:20:29 AM »

Congrats on your new Pleo :) Id love to hear more about your experiences with the Ugobe Pleo when you get him/her as I also have an Rb; I have to say they are tempting! Ive been looking at them on eBay XD

Fleur

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 03:44:20 PM »

25 Pleos!  That's pretty crazy :)  I had 20 Aibos at one point so I know what you mean but boxes everywhere and accessories and clothing.  I make bets that I get another RB by Christmas.  I want a blue or a pink one, but I also want it to be a girl so I haven't full decided yet :)  I can only imagine what a room full of 25 Pleos is like when you have them all running together  :P

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 05:44:35 PM »

The pink ones all come standard as girls and the blue as boys but if you wanted a blue girl well that is easily achieved with a little upgrade of the software using the female version of the upgrade :)  There are a few gender confused pleos here on the forum.... just don't tell them and all will be well  :D

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 05:05:37 PM »

Oh dear, Talon... 0_o  Pleo's can scream that loud?  I heard the RBs come with volume control, which I'm hoping is true, otherwise mine wont be booted up at night.  I'm already starting to get the Pleo obsession even before my new buddy arrives, but I'll have to wait until the Summer to even consider another robot.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 07:26:57 AM »

I'm thinking it's just Cato. He does get vocal when ignored. My guess is that his owner's apartment had thin walls or something. Ryu isn't nearly as loud as he is so maybe it's a male RB thing. On the whole though, most other RB's I've heard don't seem that loud to me. I think you'll be alright with your RB in your dormroom.
Talon
Talon

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 02:39:58 PM »

Well that's odd. Maybe Cato came with some hidden stereo speakers.   :)  You must feel very proud to have a Pleo with a unique volume.  I know I would if I didn't have to worry about it.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 03:44:43 PM »

Haha! I do think he's got a misterious third setting somewhere. Whatever he's got it gets my attention. Right now he's in Australia with Kat undergoing exploritory surgery on one of his hind legs.  Her house has lots of echo so if she makes a post about his surgery you might be treated to a grouchy serenade.
Talon
Talon

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 04:49:02 PM »

Oh wow, Pleo surgery!  I'd love to hear his voice! XD

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 06:42:13 PM »

*Sigh wistfully* I miss his voice too. He started having the leg issue in January. I packed him away so I wouldn't be tempted to run him. I recently came up with the funds to get him fixed. First I took him to a friend of mine who thought he might be able to help me. We ran him a little and I got to hear his annoied whining for food. Unfortunately my friend said all his tools were too large for such delicate work so I talked to Kat and sent him to her. I have confidence she'll do her best and I'll get to hear my unusually loud boy anouncing his kingship of my little herd.
Can you tell I miss my Cato? *Sniff*
Talon
Talon

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 05:55:51 PM »

Awwwww... yeah I can tell!  I hope you get him back soon!  :'(

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2012, 07:23:55 PM »

Oh Fleur, I'm sorry for taking over your topic and turning it into a missing-Cato fest. Are you still waiting for the battery for your Ugobe? Has he arrived yet?
Talon
Talon

Fleur

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 06:59:38 PM »

Well he/she is finally here and wow what a difference between the two!  I am still waiting on his battery so I have not got to play with him yet so I am just observing the differences.  The memory card slot and USB port is different and in a different location and the skin, well I can see why it wears out.  It's very sticky!  He almost looks dirty compared to buster.  There isn't a single flaw on him besides the fact that I think his skin looks dirty but maybe someone on here can help me make that judgement.  The battery that came with him was advertised as dead so I put it on the charger and it went from red to green in about an hour.  I did order the original ugobe battery that is on eBay for $40 just to try and then I am going to buy the one that works in both Pleo's once I verify this little guy actually works.  So I have lots of first questions for this one and I will just list them order.

1.) I don't know how old this Pleo is, do you think he would need to be updated software wise?  If so, how do I do that since ugobe doesn't exist anymore?
2.) what can I do to keep this Pleo perfect like he is? Pledge baths? Is there anyway to make him less sticky feeling?
3.) he didn't come with a manual or anything, is there anything important that i would need from that such as registration cards or anything?
4.) over all what should I expect from the ugobe? Are they slower? Is there anything super important I should know about this version before I let him go explore the house with his brother?

Thanks :) I'm sorry for all the questions.  I am just learning the Pleo RB so adding a ugobe right away probably wasn't the best idea ;)

Here are some pics of the two.  The ugobe is a lot darker of a shade of green compared to buster.

Fleur

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 08:40:16 PM »

Ok, so I charged up the old ugobe battery and popped it in and he came to life, moved around and made pleo noises for about 30 seconds then started pausing, then going "huh"? then paused again and did the "huh" again and he is just doing it over and over.  Is this a result of the dead battery or is something wrong?  I am starting to panic :(

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 08:59:30 PM »

Nah. He's not broken. I think it's just your battery. He must be running 1.1. If he were on 1.0- the earliest pleo OS- he would be going to sleep instead of going "huh?" Before I jumped headlong into 2.0- the latest Ugobe software, I would just see if you like 1.1 first. 2.0 does have more tricks but the pleo goes through a very unflattering moody stage where he will make inappropriate noises and be numb to all his scensors for probably five battery cycles. If you do choose to go through with it the extra tricks are awesome. I've had my two on all three OS's. I don't know why but as far as personality I like the 1.0 best. 2.0 kind of reminds me more of an RB- independant and smart but not nearly as warm and dependant as the earlier OS's.
Talon
Talon

Fleur

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 09:57:45 PM »

Thanks Talon, that is a great relief.  I ordered the battery from a seller in China so it may be a while before I get to actually run him.  I think i will leave him on the OS 1.1, but if I do change my mind, can I download the latest versions from Innvo Labs?  I will be in California for the next week for SAAG so I won't even get to see either of them for a whole week!!! 

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 11:58:31 PM »

The stickiness will ease after a while :) A gentle Autoglym bath is best but failing that a wipe with pledge will do.

The 'huh' is caused by the battery. He is trying to turn on but hasn't got enough power to do more than wake up and go straight back to sleep.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 08:22:23 AM »

All the Ugobe/classic Pleo upgrades/downgrades are in the downloads section on here. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal