Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Pleos are unresponsive-HELP  (Read 3631 times)

lizardman1215

• Hatchling
  • Male
Two Pleos are unresponsive-HELP
« on: September 06, 2012, 07:52:55 AM »

We bought two PLEOs from eBAY-the original ones, not rb. THey came from different people. The first one worked fine, we upgraded it to 2.0, it still worked fine. We turned it on today and it just makes a short barking sound reapeatedly then peeters out and stops until I turn him off and back on. The second PLEO does the same thing but even worse, it won't read the SD card to upgrade to 2.0. Ideas?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Two Pleos are unresponsive-HELP
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 08:53:44 AM »

I'm not sure what could be going on with the second pleo not reading the SD card but there is a possibility in both cases that it's just bad batteries. The original green batteries are just shot after sitting around in boxes and not being charged. Other forum members who have better experience with dealing with these batteries can tell you how to recondition them using the chargers they came with. This is only a temporary fix. You will probably end up purchasing the more relyable white lithium ion batteries being sold here on the forum. They give you a longer run-time than the original green batteries. Don't give up on your little dinos just yet. Between us all we can probably get them going.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

lizardman1215

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 09:42:54 AM »

Thanks Talon. Based on whatI've read on this forum I am working with both of our PLEOs. The one in better shape is gradually adding movements in but still crashing often. I will run the batteries down and recharge as some people have suggested. I've read this may need to be done at least 4-5 times before the PLEO is back to normal.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 12:30:09 PM »

You can also try just shoving the battery straight back in the charger when it says it's charged, though let them cool if necessary first.

Do you get the same results of you swop batteries?

And don't try to update from SD card again until you're sure you have a FULLY charged battery, or you could cause problems.

Oh, and hi!  :D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 12:45:20 PM »

Lol! Oops. I was so taken in by your pleo-problem I forgot to welcome you to the family. Hi, Lizardman and welcome! We'll help out in any way we can. Keep us posted on how you get on with the batteries.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 02:56:30 PM »

Hello :) and welcome. I am very concerned that you tried updating them on bad batteries, it is very possible to brick them. You really need new batteries for that. Please do not try updating them again on dodgy batteries, it's not worth the risk.

Please bear in mind that all the Ugobe batteries are very old, it is unlikely you'll ever get them back to full run time, also note that if any of the individual cells are dead there is no way to revive the batteries at all. That may be what is wrong with the second one.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

lizardman1215

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 07:32:13 PM »

Odds are that I did update on a less than fully charged battery-which yes, they are old batteries. Why don't they tell you this?? OK, so what am I looking at to get this guys back up and running?
Thanks to all. Your comments have been quite helpful. My sons are very upset that their pals are act so bizarrely.

lizardman1215

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 07:46:26 PM »

Can someone direct to a reliable source of these batteries that I hear are nothing but awesomeness? Is there a chance they will rescue my pleos?  Thanks.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 02:31:30 AM »

You can talk to Redwoodsmama right here on the forum, she sells them.

If you swap the batteries to different Pleo's does the same battery cause the same effect? If one Pleo is not moving on either battery, and the other is moving on both then it is likely that the Pleo not moving at all needs some intensive care.

If you read the instructions that come with the updates it states very clearly not to do the update except on a fully charged battery. But nevermind, even bricked Pleo's can be redeemed most of the time.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal