Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone know USB chip type, or if 64 bit driver exists?  (Read 3503 times)

tonyv

• Hatchling
Anyone know USB chip type, or if 64 bit driver exists?
« on: June 20, 2009, 09:39:37 AM »

I'd like to find a 64-bit driver for the USB connection.  Does anyone out there know which usb chip is being used, or if a 64-bit driver is available?

I know I can just use the serial port hidden on the bottom, but I'd prefer the USB option.

Thanks,
tonyv (and Rosie)

bjoreman

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
    • bjoreman.com
Re: Anyone know USB chip type, or if 64 bit driver exists?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 02:12:09 PM »

The connection itself is no issue, it's getting a pleo identified as such to software (Dinomite, if I recall correctly?) which looks for a pleo connected by USB. A different issue is the upgrade software not working with 64-bit windows, but that has nothing to do with the USB connection either.

So no, there's no 64-bit Windows driver for pleo, but I don't know if that's really an issue if you're just after the connection itself? I know nothing about USB access on Windows, but I do know that on Mac OS X pleo can actually be connected to using terminal software and sent commands, all without installing any driver at all. And OS X doesn't know anything about pleos out of the box, so the same thing shouldn't be impossible on Windows.

But then, what do I know about Windows :) ...

(And sorry if this got a bit rambling and unstructured, it's Monday night.)

Nafcom

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • Nafcom's Crap Blog!
Re: Anyone know USB chip type, or if 64 bit driver exists?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 04:41:44 AM »

there are no 64bit drivers and they are required otherwise Pleo will stay being detected as "unknows device" taking into account the starting death of 32bit and the raise of 64 bit,Jetta should provide a 64bit driver soon!
Nafcom's Crap Blog & Nafcom's Crap Forum. Because I am weird like that :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal