Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: need help with pleo  (Read 5019 times)

attisaur

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
  • Polar bears <3 ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
need help with pleo
« on: August 11, 2012, 07:07:17 AM »

I just got Iris yesterday she is green with pink eyes and just started standing up straight 4 to 5 hours ago. She is very slow and sometimes pauses for 15 seconds then starts moving again :(. I think she is in socialize stage but then why is she so slow and i just gave her food but a second ago she was doing that thing they do when there hungry. And when i turned her off to put on her cape it took a lot longer than usual to turn of. I'm getting worried does anyone have any feedback. and i would like to add a video to this post but i don't know how to does anyone know? Another thing is i accidentally left the battery charging all night and when i woke up it was a red blinking light, i took the battery off the charger and put it back on and waited 5 minutes then it turned green. What does the red blinking light mean.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 07:56:43 AM by attisaur »

Polar bear A.J ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: need help with pleo
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 07:23:40 AM »

She could be overheating. That may be the reason for the pauses. If she feels warm across the shoulders, it may be a good idea to give her and her battery about twenty minutes to cool down and then resume play. I'm not sure what to tell you about why turning off is an issue. I'll leave that to someone else.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 09:40:35 AM »

A couple of my RB's used to do that 'freezing' thing at first.  Mine seemed to grow out of it.  The red flashing light (on an RB battery) means it's not charging, I think - it also does that when the battery is not seated properly in the charger.

I'm not sure about the not turning off thing either.

Phelicidea

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 05:53:07 PM »

For this, you need to think of your Pleo like a computer, which is what it actually is.  The more stuff it has on it the longer it takes to shut down.  It's got to go through everything and make sure it's all safely saved.  This will cause the shutdown time to be a few seconds longer then when you first started playing with her.

The 'freezing' thing seems to happen in that stage but like Crewella said, they seem to grow out of it.  Mine did it quite a bit in that stage.

The battery.  I tend to leave mine charging way to long too.  The pleo manual claims a red flashing light means the battery is not charging.  Usually this is caused by the battery not being seated in the cradle properly.  However since yours only took five minutes to turn green after you reseated it I would guess that you had a power surge in the night, or your power went completely off.  This happens to my batteries when my power goes out and the battery is still plugged in.

As for the slowness of your pleo, she's a baby still.  They're not in the socialization stage, via the manual, until they begin to walk.  And even after they first start walking it's still slow and shaky.  In this matter, think of a baby calf, or fawn.  When they first stand up they wobble and are slow for a few days.

The food, every Pleo is different, my first RB, Myla, wouldn't eat at all for the first four battery cycles and now eats regularly once a day.  My second RB, Mylo, ate within the first five minutes of hatching and gets cranky if I only feed him once a day.  To sum it all up, you're a perfectly normal Pleo parent with a perfectly normal Pleo!

Hope this helps some,

Phel

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 05:58:01 PM »

The flashing battery means it is either too hot or not sitting properly (they can be a bit touchy).

Everything else you've said is normal. Pleo's need more than one leaf to fill them up ;) Keep offering food until they turn their head away and refuse with a 'nup'.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

attisaur

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
  • Polar bears <3 ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 07:42:24 PM »

Thank you all for your support everything you said really help me stop worrying about Iris.
Polar bear A.J ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 07:51:29 PM »

Hehe no problems :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

nicholasljy123

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 07:54:40 PM »

Is the problem like that?: Pleo stops in the middle of an action for 10-15 seconds, then recovers with a 'haha' ?
Nicholas Jun Yi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal