Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo battery & adaptor help!  (Read 2713 times)

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
Pleo battery & adaptor help!
« on: July 29, 2012, 02:58:49 AM »

Hey havent been on for a while but I need some help...

Had chance of buying a Pleo Uglobe for £60 including postage, it looked in perfect condition but was missing a battery - "thats not a problem" I thought, theres plenty of new batteries on ebay you can buy, so I happily brought the Pleo.

Only now it arrives & its not only without a battery but also the orignal AC adaptor!  >:D
I've looked online & can't see anything about buying a new one so what do I do now?

Im worried I've just spent £60 on something that wont ever work.  :'(  :(

EDIT: the person who sold it just messaged back saying "the charging cradle is included, which the battery sits in, i am pretty sure that this takes a universal adapter" - what does this mean in terms of buying an adaptor? Help! Sorry Im such a blonde at times lol
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 03:32:09 AM by Peaches »

"She's not just a dinosaur, she's my best friend. I'll always love her & I promise to never ever leave her, cause I'd miss her too much & she'd miss me" - my son about Piper <3

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Pleo battery & adaptor help!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 03:43:54 AM »

Take the battery and cradle into your friendly neighbourhood electronics store and they'll find the right adapter for you :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 03:45:21 AM »

I don't have a battery for it just the cradle, could I still take that into a shop & have them find the right adapter?
Thanks for your reply!  ;D
"She's not just a dinosaur, she's my best friend. I'll always love her & I promise to never ever leave her, cause I'd miss her too much & she'd miss me" - my son about Piper <3

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 03:46:20 AM »

Hi Peaches, Innvo do still sell the old adapters for the Ugobe Pleo on the main site.  They can be used for the original green batteries and chargers as well as for the Li-Poly egg chargers and batteries.  Not sure how easy it is to get it sent out from China, though, and the postage .......

You could also try taking the cradle down to an electronics store, they should be able to look at the spec on thte label and supply an adapter to suit. :)

ADDED:  as IMR says ...... ;)

Maplins should do it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 03:48:24 AM by Crewella »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal