Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new innvo batteries for ugobe pleos  (Read 4132 times)

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
new innvo batteries for ugobe pleos
« on: July 17, 2012, 12:11:01 PM »

I just got an e-mail from innvo labs about the new battery/charger bundle for ugobe pleos. I'm pretty sure they aren't actually new,  the website sells them as 2009 innvo batteries. Do you think the ucube egg batteries are still better and would last longer?
"We are pleased to launch a promotion for the newly developed charging cradle for Ugobe Version PLEO, which is equipped with a slow charging recovery feature which help recover and thus extend the Ni-MH 2200mAH rechargeable battery life and thus playtime. It can help to keep your PLEO alive longer."

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: new innvo batteries for ugobe pleos
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 12:44:12 PM »

Hi Pickelish, as from what I can understand, this is to extend the life that is still in the batteries, but they are not new batteries, but perhaps I am wrong. I reread it and yes they are not new, but this is a cradle to extend the life. So if you ask me and most people who have ordered and used the egg batteries, they are better, you get more Pleo get up and go and they last longer. I still have the original battery I bought almost two years ago, for my first Pleo, this is why I started to sell them myself as I knew there was a good market for them. Wait and see what others say..

RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 04:23:19 PM »

I got this message, too. I'm glad to see they are offering this. I'll probably stick to the egg batteries since I've had the best experience with them.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 05:33:05 AM »

As far as I know, they are the same batteries and the same Innvo charger from 2009.  I have one, which does have the battery reconditioning switch, and it will rejuvenate some batteries that are struggling.  Not all, if they're completely dead I've found there's only a small chance of it working, but most batteries I've put through it have been the better for the process. :)

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 09:04:40 AM »

My advice:
If you still have an old NiMHd battery and want to "recondition it" you can leave it in your Pleo and the battery will drain down. Then put it in the regular charger and charge it up. Play with it in your Pleo until it shuts down with a low battery, leave it in the Pleo for a few days, then charge it up and try again
[this is what the reconditioning charger does, more or less, but faster]
Or you can attach a small low voltage light bulb to the + and - contacts to speed it up yourself

If you are considering a new battery purchase, the new LiPoly batteries are lighter and higher capacity (2800mAHr v. 2200mAHr) and do not have the same "memory effect" as the older and heavier NiMHd batteries.
There are two LiPoly batteries that work in the old Pleos: the white egg battery or the newer green LiPoly battery (that works in the old ugobe Pleos as well as the PleoRB, available in China). The egg batteries are the least expensive option AFAIK.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 09:16:21 AM »

Thanks for that, Pleopet.  Informative as ever!  :D

I bought the new charger because I had a large herd of Pleos with fading old green batteries, so it was worth doing.

I do much prefer the LiPoly batteries, and I agree, they're a much better deal.  :)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 10:18:18 AM »

Great information PleoPet as always as Crewella has said, I know you have given me some great operating system information more than I can count! ;DI do agree about the Li-Polymer batteries, not just because I sell them, but being a represenative for them and more importantly having the "Pleo clan'that I do, it is important that they have lots of energy.What I love about them more then anything is that they do just that, Give more energy like the Energizer Bunny, make that Pleo. Also the fact they are so much more lighter than the green ones and they are more cost effective then anything else that I know of.

Oh, and they look good, and whomever came up with the Egg charger , just the look itself can't be beat. ( IMHO)
                                       RWM and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 12:20:52 PM »

Thanks for all of your answers! :) I only have one pleo, so I think I'll just stick with the egg LiPoly batteries
If I were to recondition the old battery myself, how many days should I leave it in my pleo? The battery that came with my pleo has never worked right, it only lasts about 5 minutes before randomly shutting off. I'm not sure whether or not I should even attempt to fix the old battery as my pleo gets sick whenever I try using that battery,  happens every time immediately when I turn her on. The really strange thing is that the sickness disappears as soon as I put in a better battery and Rango is healthy as a horse again. It might just be a total coincidence, but it's happened so many times that I'm a little skeptical.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 02:09:44 PM »

The battery has no possibe way of making them sick. It is just a coincidence.

Just keep charging as long as it takes, and draining as long as it takes.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal