Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo paint  (Read 1314 times)

camcam8910

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
Pleo paint
« on: July 10, 2012, 06:32:30 AM »

Is there a specific kind of paint to use on a pleo? If so what is it and where do I get it? Also is it possible to take it off after if I mess it up?

-Camille

camcam8910

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
Re: Pleo paint
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 06:50:38 AM »

Is it possible to just use acrylic paint?

Thanks, Camille

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 08:40:29 AM »

Hi CamCam, yes, it is possible to use JUST acrylic paint. My latest custom painted pleo is Just Acrylic paints. I got my last paints I used at Michaels, and you can get them at most art or hobby stores. They do vary in price from cheap, say $3.99 up to better paints and colors to $17.99 a tube. I used intermediate costs and mix different brands. I look for special colors and like the more butter consistancy paints.

Getting them off is easier if fresh, within 24 hrs, but even older can be done . The one I just did had paint that was several months old and just took lots and lots of elbow grease, soft cloths, warm water and liquid dish soap. I tend to be gentle with Pleo skin and taking my time to remove the paint is more important. Take a look at the post of painted Ugobe pleos that several members besides myself have done, including, Kat, Crewella and IMR. There is a good example of different paints used and technique with each of us,. Have fun and don't be afraid. P:)          RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

camcam8910

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 08:49:49 AM »

Ok, thanks RWM :) I painted her purple and blue  ;D I'll post pictures soon :) pleo10 painted hers as well I'll get her to post some pictures as well😄

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 04:54:35 PM »

I would be very careful just using acrylic paints.  Many of us have tried with the acrylics and failed due to the acrylic paint not being at all stretchy so it has cracked and split badly the moment you turn the pleo on.  RWM seems to be the only one of us who has managed to use only acrylic paints on a pleo and get it to work.  It may well be all about which brand she uses or else there is something special going on there?  After some experimentation the rest of us have had the most success with using latex mask paint and combining it with either water based acrylic paints or inks using about 30% Acrylic paint to 70% latex paint seems to give the best result.  I have successfully painted 3 pleos in this way and the paint does seem to hold up to the test of time fairly well.   Hope this helps  :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 03:14:47 AM »

I tried various acrylic paints as well.  They worked on the back and head OK, but on the neck, tail and sides ...... anywhere with movement ...... they cracked.  :(

Lottibell

• Fossil savant
  • Female
  • To err is human, to "huh?"is Pleo.
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 03:45:10 AM »

Probably going over old ground here, but has anyone tried using acrylic INKS rather than paints. As its more of a stain than a layer it might resist flexing wear better than paint? Also, and let me make it clear I am only guessing , I would imagine that you could cover over mistakes in one layer as inks do that far better than paints . A thought anyway. I am far too chicken to give it a try!    :turkey:    :sheep1:

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 03:51:00 AM »

Yes we have tried both acrylic inks and also acrylic paints.  Either of these seem to work well in combination with latex paint.  But neither of them seem to be much good on their own. 

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 04:10:28 AM »

I found acrylic ink worked better than acrylic paint, but still needed the addition of latex (or some other agent) to give it the required stretch.  :moose:

camcam8910

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 10:12:09 AM »

Actually using acrylic worked quite well! it only cracked slightly on the neck and thats covered by a beaded collar! thats about the only place it cracked, I just need to redo the paint sometimes as it rubs off regularly :) i might get a kind of flexible paint as I am probably going to an art store this week :) I am asking for a pleo egg battery and charger for my birthday as well ;D thanks for all the help!

-Camille
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal