Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Tick" coming from 1 day old Pleo  (Read 1886 times)

Uchianseron

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
"Tick" coming from 1 day old Pleo
« on: July 02, 2012, 01:17:54 PM »

Hi guys...

My mom just got a pleo and she was ok the first 2 hours... but now were getting all sorts of problems!

- When baby Rosa moves her tail a tick can be heared.
- When she moves her her lower body a loud tick can be heared as if someting is stuck....

atm im uploading a video to youtube....

Seems like I`ll have to return her... She bought her from Ebay... can I contact Innovo directly or should I contact the Ebay seller?

Update:

uploaded video ( sorry for pleo abuse.. only way I got her to move )

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxbvQupc57o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxbvQupc57o</a>
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 01:31:15 PM by Uchianseron »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: "Tick" coming from 1 day old Pleo
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 02:56:50 PM »

That click is the gear mechanism protecting the motors when a joint tries to move but jams or meets resistance.  The click in itself is not a problem, but what is causing the jam/resistance might be.  If it happens for no apparent reason, first thing to try is switch off and try turning her on again.  A video of Rosa just on a surface might help, as it wasn't clear which joint might be clicking?  Looked like it might be the central  point in the middle of her back?   

Uchianseron

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 03:09:50 PM »

Hi Crewella,

It seems to happen for no reason at all.
I also tried putting her on and off, but wouldnt help.
On a flat surface its the same, a little bit less but that is because she still is in baby stage and doesnt move much.

It seems to me that the click comes from somewhere near/in front of her rear legs.

I contacted the person I bought it from and he would replace this one for a new one if I send it back.
Its a brand new RB with 2yr warrenty.

My mom is kinda sad Rosa has to go knowing she wont get a pleo back that looks just like her, although they promised to do there best.

My mom was really sad when I put Rosa back in her box with all her accesorries.... :(
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:33:51 PM by Uchianseron »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 02:59:08 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that, but it does sound best to send her back.  :(

That's what I thought, there's a joint in the middle of the back that enables the body to bend at the 'waist' from side to side.

Uchianseron

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 09:04:03 AM »

Yesterday I also send an email to Innovo, they gave me some usefull tips, but Rosa was allready at the post office.
But the tips they gave me were a bit... how shall I put it...

"Twist this, turn that.. force that into place.." - yeah... lets not do that with 2 yr warranty :P

The seller from Ebay was really helpfull, he asked for a description of Rosa and her eye color and he would look if he had one similar.. that's awesome don't you think?
Also he stated he`ll send the new Pleo today or tomorrow if I handed him the trackingcode... just awesome service :)

Well..its sad seeing Rosa go.. but hopefully we will be able to welcome a healthy new Pleo in a couple of days :)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 06:10:27 PM »

You did the right thing sending her back.  Hard as it is to do your always better off with a happy healthy new pleo than one with issues and if it is under warranty well that's what warranties are for :)  I'm sure your new pleo will be lovely and while you will be sad and missing Rosa you should be excited waiting for the new one to arrive.  Great customer service that they will send out a new one right away.  Fingers crossed you don't have to wait too long :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal