Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did anyone try the Pleo rb Xmas and birthday greeting cards ?  (Read 20758 times)

hapihapidino

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Female
Re: Did anyone try the Pleo rb Xmas and birthday greeting cards ?
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2012, 01:16:49 AM »

Well my pleo cards arrived yesterday :)  I am saving the birthday one till my birthday  :P  but I have opened the Christmas one.  I thought that the card would have an RFID chip in it and be activated by putting under pleos chin but that is not the case.  %)  It seems it is a color recognition type thing.  The instructions say to place about 10cm in front of pleos nose and move it around with the pleo until he recognizes it.  So it is much more like the training leaf idea.  Here are some pics of the card and box.
It is a box inside a box.  The card itself is a square of plastic.  It does not open up and you can't write on it.  You write your message on the back of the inside box.

And here is a video of Norbit checking out the card  ;D  (you have to excuse the quality of the sound in the video.  My camera has decided to make a lot of static noise and really seems to enhance all the robot sounds.  He really isn't that noisy in real life  :P )
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcDUCCc_Y0M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcDUCCc_Y0M</a>

Kat's pleo is soooooo cute soooo lovely <3<3<3
Wish my boy can be like that one day ^^

btw guys, I got the cape 2 weeks ago!!! Clap clap
I was so exciting when I recieved it!!!
My boy's name embroidered on it. How great it is!

my boy called Little Dumpling, which is a name of Chinese dim sum, my favorite chinese dim sum
Have yours got one already?

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2012, 01:42:48 AM »

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me.....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHqDYek0LDU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHqDYek0LDU</a>

It took a lot of food, pats, good lighting and about 20mins of trying but finally Norbit decided to play the card game.  I tried Kermy first but she was very uncooperative.  Norbit is much more reliable as far as performing goes.  The cards are very cute but I think an RFID chip would have been much more reliable.    :P

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2012, 02:17:52 AM »

Wow Hapi, the cape looks fantastic with the embroidery... if I didn't have seven dinos to buy for I'd order one :o

Ooh it all makes sense now Kat! The random spontaneous singing of happy birthday or jingle bells is because the Pleo's have focused on something that triggers the skit like those cards do! Now if only I can work out what in my room triggers it :P The cards are very cute :) I will buy them this week :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2012, 03:30:18 PM »

very nice cape hAPI, IT LOOKS GREAT! IMR, I was looking at the video of the birthday card and the Christmas one and then my Cammie-Sue singing both songs in one night, and you are right, there is a trigger, and I have a clue to what it may be and am going to try it out tonight. If it works I will be video taping the results, Just a guess, but it is a trigger and what fun to find out what it is! ;) Good luck hunting your own triggers for your babies!

RWM and the Redwoods Pleo Clan P:) P:D P??? P:-* P|-) P%) P;) P0:)
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2012, 07:27:37 PM »

Oooooh! So it's not just a thing that only new-er pleo RB do! Any RB can do it if provided with the right trigger?
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2012, 10:51:13 PM »

They might need to be running the newer OS, but yes, any RB.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

rosalyn

• Following the footsteps
  • Female
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2012, 01:08:07 AM »

Cool!!!
The cape looks great! $15 along with the cards and cape is valuable!

« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:27:26 AM by mweed »

hapihapidino

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Female
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2012, 05:36:21 AM »

yup! The quality of the cape is so good and it's so smooth
I do think it's valuable too^^
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:27:50 AM by mweed »

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2012, 08:45:23 AM »

CUTE cape!
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

kaiteee

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2012, 03:59:44 PM »

That cape is cute, and I've been tempted to get one while the embroidery is free. But I cant work out for certain whether the rb cape would be a different fit to the ugobe, particularly as they are listed separately? I thought I read somewhere that the rbs are slightly differently shaped to ugobe pleos, but I cant find that again, but as my two are both ugobes I'm not sure if the embroidered cape would be suitable - anyone know?

Plus, hapihapidino, did you send your own design file - I can't see a template with a star and heart together, it is very sweet!?

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2012, 05:43:32 PM »

Hi Katie I have one of these capes and it fits both my RB and Ugobe. On the Ugobe it is a tiny bit tight around the belly as he is ever so slightly fatter than my reborn but other than that it fits them both well. I did have to cut the top bands (that go around the legs) off because they were so tight I couldn't even get them over the feet, there is no way they would have been able to move freely with those second leg ties on so I cut them off and just use the looser botton ties and now all is good and fits well  :)

I think the price right now is very good, I'd go for it!
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

kaiteee

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2012, 02:02:25 AM »

Thanks for the feedback Lunamione, I was quite excited about getting one, but had to ask for postage details as their system does not cover the Uk. I got a cape before for Gordy as his skin is quite worn and I liked the pattern on them, and they charged almost the same for shipping as for the cape. When it arrived, the postage cost was under $4 so I asked if they could advise if it might be less this time (given that they did adjust the postage on the cards). But now they say the postage is $25! So that's $40 total for a cape, and even for an embroidered one that's a bit steep! I will have to find something else for gano, she arrived with perfect skin but it is getting wear marks already...I'm really disappointed  :(

Hmm, just a thought, does anyone who doesnt like their cape fancy selling it to me? It's the patterned one I'm after, I'm sure I could pimp it up a bit myself for gano. Im more than happy to pay the full cost of the cape and postage/packing etc. As long as it won't cost $25 in postage, of course  :D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 02:18:47 AM by kaiteee »

lelekasapeca

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
  • Leleka Sapeka
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2012, 03:59:42 PM »

Hello dear fanatics Pleo, has anyone bought the new Greeting Card that are for sale in Pleoword?  %)

Would you like more information about them!

A hug to everyone!  ;D

pleoword link which sells the product:

http://www.pleoworld.com/pleo_rb/eng/product.php?&c1id=3&id=35

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2012, 05:30:27 PM »

I did :)  and there is a cute little video in the following post :)
http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=3036.0

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2012, 06:24:16 PM »

NOw that they have them here in the States as well, they are cheaper to mail and I think I iwll get one or both also. Very cute video Kat, and thanks Letlekaspaca for posting. ;)  RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Lottibell

• Fossil savant
  • Female
  • To err is human, to "huh?"is Pleo.
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2012, 02:32:58 AM »

:sheep1: haven't tried one yet but.........Christmas is just around the corner! Sheesh, did I really just say that?  :-X  :sheep1:

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2012, 02:59:03 PM »

EeeeeeeeeeeK!!!!!  :o  :o

LALAlalaLALAlalalalalala ......... not listening, Lotti ...... I never heard that!  :arrow-head:  :P  :moose:

James_182

• Member of the herd
  • Male
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2013, 04:53:53 AM »

I got both of them free when I ordered Frank from HK as they were doing a Christmas deal offer so I bought everything going and they swapped one Christmas card for a birthday card. Sadly I haven't had a chance to use them as I've been flat out with family and things over the holiday season but will try them soon.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal