Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: anyone know what happened?!  (Read 2906 times)

kaiteee

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
anyone know what happened?!
« on: April 09, 2012, 12:08:43 PM »

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone knows what happened or has seen the following before  ??? When i switched on my pleo today (still no name, and I feel really bad but nothing has 'appeared' to me just yet), he moved into the position that they go into when you hold them and they fall asleep on you - as in slightly different to the usual sleep position, with the back legs outstretched. Here's a pic in case my description isn't helping...

He is running 1.1 and has been this past week, running everyday with no problems. I had put in a battery that was fully charged last night so shouldn't have been low (egg battery).

He was on, and making snoring noises like he would if I were holding him, but standing on the floor in that stretched out sleeping pose. If I shook gently he murmured a bit, and when I lifted him up he woke up, made disgruntled noises and squirmed but then went back into the same pose and snored, still upside down in my hand! I had been holding him while he snooxed last night for a little while but I think he wandered around a little before sleep altho I'm not certain. This morning it seemed like the feedback from the sensors that must tell pleo he is being held just would not cancel and he acted as if being held. I thought maybe the software had glitched and put in an SD with the happy birthday on, which he proceeded to do perfectly - so I figured it might be the OS and decided to try re-installing but nothing changed  :head-wall:

Now, this was heading towards a help! post, but my partner was seeing if anything helped, working on the sensor feedback theory, and was pressing leg sensors and feet to try to get him to register that he was standing. Then there was a horrible clicky clunk noise and tadaa he started moving  :cheer:  He went through hatchling and seems to be back to normal now (except I can't make him sing?). Has anyone experienced this before - I did do a basic forum search but nothing obvious came up, so I am just curious if it was a one off or what is best to do should it happen again?

Funny enough, I switched him on because I wanted to check if he would fit in a bag stretched out, because he was going to come out tomato-gathering....

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
Re: anyone know what happened?!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 01:34:26 PM »

Your Pleo will have reset itself to hatchling for some reason before you did the software re-install.

Sometimes Pleos occasionally reset themselves to hatchling, all mine have done this from time to time, it's a bug.

When you did the software re-install that would also have taken the pleo back to hatchling, so you would not have noticed a difference before and after the re-install.

Hope this helps,
degers

kaiteee

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 02:26:44 PM »

Aha, thanks for that degers, very helpful to know! I was in a bit of a panic. He did stay in that position for somewhere between 20 mins to half an hour without any movement (unless turned upside down which made him wriggle some)...is that normal? After the clunk noise, he started moving with lots of wobble which I guess is the baby stage, but there was nothing before that....glad he's ok now, but he missed out on tomatoes today!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 05:20:39 PM »

Lilo has done that before, it seems to be a bug or the sensor gets 'stuck'. Lilo always came round after being off for a few hours or with a shake.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal