Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby goats on the farm!  (Read 1186 times)

camcam8910

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
Baby goats on the farm!
« on: March 26, 2012, 02:55:41 PM »

Ok so we have five babies on the farm at the moment. The first goat Scarlet had one baby that we took to bottle feed. Her name is Sadie going by the tradition that the name has to start with first letter of one of the parents. The next goat to have some babies was Delaine our nanny goat, she surprisingly has three weaklings, we haven't named them all but I have nick named one feather because she is light....... Oh ya I forgot to mention that they were all girls! The last but not least to kid was Bijou that means jewelry in French, we named her that because she what we call waddles, little blobs of extra skin that can be any where but usually crop up under the chin. Anyway back to her babies, she had two enormous babies, one girl one boy, there names are Peeta and Katniss. If you have read the hunger games trilogy you would know who they are! The hunger games is my favorite book.  :-*  :-[

Love from Pickles, Sadie, Feather, her two sisters, Katniss, Peeta, and me. :moose:

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
Re: Baby goats on the farm!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 06:40:30 PM »

Please send some photos. THey sound so cute! WHat kind of goats do you raise?

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Baby goats on the farm!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 09:57:38 PM »

Yes, I would love to see some baby pictures as well, Kids will be Kids, and it seems like a day for sharing babies of all types. ;) ;D I love the names of the goats. Are you bottle raising the littlest one, have you done that many times before. ? Is the baby ( kid) in the home or in a barn? Are these average size goats or pygmy goats or ? Do you also drink goat milk or make cheese from their milk? Goat milk is very good and a lot of people who are allergic to cow's milk drink Goat milk because there is less chance of allergic reactions and it also is a great source of vitamins. ( I am sure you know all this and much more, raising goats, and of course, Goat Milk cost more cause it is harder to get, not as much product produced simply because of the goat's size, etc.

How long have you had your goats? Have you ever had one "butt" you and knock you over? It sounds funny, but It must hurt, their heads are pretty darn hard and if they get a good run at you, you are going to travel some distance! Post some photos when you get the chance.                               RWM            Happy in the redwoods, and not just with my Pleos!
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal