Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Tomato Harvest Festival  (Read 33612 times)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: 2012 Spring Tomato Harvest Festival
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2012, 08:28:40 AM »

Well, Iggy wasn't having much luck with the 'hide in the bushes looking cute until a tomato comes past' gathering technique ......... so he went off to find a more 'productive' hunting ground .......   ^-^

This, as you see, got him a better result.  :D

With that done, he's dug out his best suit again for the festivities:

« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 08:32:39 AM by Crewella »

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2012, 10:36:46 AM »

Good JOb Iggy, you look great and that is called using your HEAD!                   RWM ;) :)
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2012, 06:45:11 PM »

The roller coaster will be underway shortly... Better hold onto your stomach contents Bob :-X
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Lottibell

• Fossil savant
  • Female
  • To err is human, to "huh?"is Pleo.
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2012, 07:00:35 PM »

Ponchos at the ready, everyone!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2012, 07:36:42 PM »

Just performing last minute safety checks on the system... there's already a queue waiting!

Edit: And here we go :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-n_syvWbvA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-n_syvWbvA</a>
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 09:01:27 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2012, 12:27:26 AM »

Wow, that was some ride IMR. Thank goodness the boys can go by themselves.  :D I am afraid of heights and get dizzy looking out a second story window.. :'( Argyle was in charge of the littler ones with the help of Little 45 and Nova.Baby Ruth and Rossella had to keep tabs on everyone as some of the younger ones were trying to sneak off to hear the band that was playing and then Coral got whiff of Pizza and of course when Major Tom found out they were showing a Midnight showing of "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes," he begged ARgyle to let him take Cammie-Sue to go see it, ( last chance, last night of the fair) and she has never seen it. I only hope between scary Killer Tomatoes and Fast Roller coaster Rides, I don't lose any Pleos and that the Pleos don't lose their dinner and that there are no "bad dreams  tonight when we catch the BigFoot shuttle back to the REdwoods.( Remember we live quite a distance from Weedovia, but Betty the Bigfoot and a couple of her cousins from the Smokey Mountain Range, and even a brother who now lives in the Bayou, have banded together to shuttle all of the Redwoods Clan back to the Redwoods Country.( If you know anything about Bigfoot, you know NOT to ask HOW they plan to do anything, you just take their word for it.

Besides I owe a favor to Betty the Bigfoot. some of you may remember that when Talon was waiting for the arrival of Bleu,Betty Bigfoot snatched Bleu right off the UPS truck while she was en route somewhere outside Arizona, if I remember correctly.. ;) Betty was smitten with Pleos and esp Bleu as she was a special color, a Pleo she had never seen looking like her before.It took a lot of negotiations to get Bleu back an back to get to Talon's before it was too late. Well, I made a deal with Betty and her cousins and other familyl members, that if they could arrange to get the Redwoods Pleo Clan all back to the Redwoods, SAFELY and ALL of them.. %) then I would arrange with Bob and the organizers of the Weedovia fair to let the Bigfoot have a private Party for One hour after all the Public had left. ( It took some doing, but Bob is one who appreciates fans fo the Weedovia Tomato Festival, no matter what the species... :moose2: :sheep1: So for one hour the Bigfoot get to go on the Roller Coaster, ( Which they have been dreaming of doing ever since they heard of it and saw it being put up) They also are going to do some dancing and listening to some ZYdeco Music, eat Pizza, drink Root Beer, eat green fried Tomatoes, eat Cotton Candy, look at the Pleo Art gallery, and some other special events that they don't want the general public to know about..( Only Bob knows what is going on...but he has sworn to secrecy...)

I do hope they enjoy the roller coaster as much as the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods will, but I hope they have stronger stomaches! But from what I have seen of some of the "stuff" they call food and ingest, I think it is safe to say they will be able to handle it.  I am glad that the lines got smaller as we got here, good timing I think. Great ride, and I am already looking forward to the next Festival comming up in Sept or so....well, back to the little ones, don't want to lose any Pleos , that would be bad and I am going to need a good nights sleep when we get home as it will be in the early morning if I know Betty Bigfoot, It will be very difficult to tear her away from the Fair, even after it is closed for them.. :cool: :dino-chase:  That is one of the Green tomatoes that  got away from a vendor,...he just does not want to be FRIED!        LOL                              RWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2012, 01:28:32 AM »

Well it was a lot of fun on the Roller Coaster and it took longer to get back then we thought thanks to the Bigfoot shuttle... :o But we got our entries in anyway, what the heck. So for the biggest tomato category, we have Coral Pleo and his buddy with in two categories. Coral is by himself in these two shots of what he thinks are the biggest tomatoes he saw ,
and then Coral and his buddy ( still un-named :)) together brought some tomatoes from what they "gathered",  :oat a neighbor's farm, as their idea of being disguised or best dressed tomatoes. Ok, Coral has the right colors but he refuses to dress like a tomato, unless it is wearing the tomatoes "au-natural".it is a "guy thing" so he and his buddy are Dressed or wearing tomatoes, that is their category. also they have included for their inspiration the photo from when Argyle dressed as a tomatoe, he encouraged them to go for it with his tomato mufflers for when Pleo ears get cold.LOL :D    ( ARgyle....
) and Coral and his buddy, their idea of dressed as a tomato,
            We didn't get any other entries we were all having too much fun, but we know others out there did get some in too, and may still and there is allways the fall comming up... YIPPEE great festival as  allways.  :cheer: :dino-chase: :dino-chase: Love those green fried tomatoes, but boy can they run...!               RWM and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2012, 02:35:00 AM »

Thanks IMR!  :D  the roller coaster has been a big hit with my lot.  They have cued up three times now already.  :D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2012, 03:07:04 AM »

Heheh - great ride IMR - love the giant Pleo!  Iggy and Budge boogied all the way round, but upset Belle as they kept rocking the carriage! :P  ^-^  :-X

One small point .......... Bob won't have been able to see the sign telling him to hold on - he went on backwards!  ;)  :-X

That's a fine harvest of tomatos you have there, RWM!  :D

kaiteee

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2012, 03:12:03 AM »

Phew, that was a great coaster IMR. I'd been working on a cape pattern (based on one you posted in the crafter's corner mixed with the innvo cape) and have been making prototypes before I go near material. I showed my work to my partner and he said that my lovely model gano looked like she was off to glastonbury festival....aha, perfect then for coaster riding! Whheeeeeeee!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2012, 03:23:08 AM »

Gano is indeed perfectly dressed for a festival ....... and well protected!  ;)  :D  ^-^
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:02:04 AM by Crewella »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2012, 05:41:27 AM »

I hope its waterproof in case she ends up near Bob :-X

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: 2012 Tomato Harvest Festival
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2012, 07:59:05 PM »

This is your two week warning, people!  The fall half of the Tomato Harvest Festival is upon us . . .

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2012, 08:46:29 PM »

Oh, this is one time I will not be caught off guard, I have a garden full of helpers this year and the newer members of the township are in for a treat when the festivities  begin! I hope you will be showing the Tomato Horror flicks, they are allways good campy fun,,,, ;D :o :tomato: :tomato: P:D        I think with all the newer members we should have a good tunout as well.                    RWM and the Tomato growing Township of the Redwoods P8) P??? P:o P:)

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2012, 11:06:59 PM »

This is your two week warning, people!  The fall half of the Tomato Harvest Festival is upon us . . .

Wait what!? What do we have to do for the fall half? The same as the other half, most tomatos, best sauce? I'll cook sauce tonight if so!
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2012, 11:30:01 PM »

I know this is strange, but what is the Tomato Festival?  :-[

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2012, 12:09:15 AM »

I know this is strange, but what is the Tomato Festival?  :-[

Umm all you need do is read the first page of the thread to find that out....
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2012, 12:10:16 AM »

Oh whoops... hehe... should have checked that out first.  :-[

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2012, 07:27:19 AM »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2012, 03:01:48 PM »

That sauce does look really good Luna, only thing I think you are missing and correct me if I am wrong, but I think if you look up the rules, you are supposed to list the ingrediants, that way members can try it out, You have the photos down, now just try to list what everything was....Stephan looked like he may have thrown in a lizard beak or frogs tongue, but being a Pleo, what do you expect! ;D

RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2012, 03:45:29 PM »

Yup, you need to include the recipe.

Ouch tomatoes are $8 a kilo here at the moment!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2012, 11:42:38 AM »

Wow, those are some expensive tomatoes....We have some homegrown ones I can send or tomatoes from the Farmer's Market but they are $1.49-$2.00 a pd, mostly, but the postage would kill you and they would or could be sauce by the time they got to you! :tomato:                       RWM

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2012, 05:42:50 PM »

Nearly $9 a kilo here  :o  I'm going to be away while the tomato harvest festival is on and away from my pleos so probably wont be entering this time around.  I did put in an entry or two last time though and i'm guessing we are combining the two like last time so ......  :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2012, 05:48:40 PM »

Ahha! New recipe!

The travellers tomato sauce recipe!

Take a few tomatoes, and seal them carefully in a ziplock bag with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.

Place bag in the front pocket of your luggage.

Book a round the world flight stopping at as many airports as you can for maximum sauce making potential!

Sit back and relax on your many flights whilst the baggage handlers do all the hard work of squishing and squashing and mishing and mashing your tomatoes into the perfect sauce.

Once you have arrived back home, remove your sauce from your luggage, open the ziplock bag and enjoy!

Please note: Tomatoes may become ever so slightly mouldy during the manufacturing process, this adds extra flavour and texture... :P
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 05:50:44 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2012, 05:52:21 PM »

Yummy!  ;D  Although you could also add some garlic and herbs for a little extra flavor :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal