Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need some advices on upgrading PLEO firmware and battery (other accessories)  (Read 3790 times)

ethan

• Hatchling
  • Male

Hi, I am new in the forum.  I own a Ugobe pleo for a long time but I never upgraded them before.  After I found this forum, I notice that I can upgrade my pleo. 

Which firm is the best to upgrade to and which one should I use (or not use as I notice there are pleo rb as well)?  What will they do to my pleo? Will I loss everything on my pleo?

Also, I think the battery life has been shortened over the year.  Is there any replacement (can I use the pleo rb one)?  What other accessories can I get for my pleo?

I notice also the green skin of my pleo starting to worn out, is there any replacement?

Finally, what is the different between my pleo and pleo rb?  Thanks!!!!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie

Hi Ethan :) Welcome!

Your Pleo can be upgraded to either 1.1 or 2.0 the Original Ugobe Pleo versions ONLY! You cannot use RB software updates in a Ugobe. So anything from here is safe: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;cat=1
As to which one is the best, 2.0 is great but you have a teething period of about 8 battery cycles where Pleo acts like a teenage terror ;) 2.0 adds a lot of new tricks.
1.1 is more like the original OS, only a couple of tricks and Pleo really doesn't change in terms of personality.

Neither really changes the Pleo.

For batteries you need to look in the stores here or on ebay for the White Ucube (Egg) batteries, they are Li-poly like the Reborn batteries and are excellent. They will give you two hours of runtime per charge as opposed to the 1 hour from the green batteries. You must buy at least one accompanying egg shaped charger to use them. You cannot use the Reborn batteries in an original Pleo.

There is no way of replacing a Pleo's skin :( Small repairs with superglue are possible, but make sure you have a rubber safe glue!

Please see here for key differences between Pleo and Pleo Reborn :) http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2724.0
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace

What IMR said!  ;)

And hi!  ;D