Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need a power adapter for my original Pleo charger  (Read 6163 times)

MurphyMooCake

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
I need a power adapter for my original Pleo charger
« on: January 30, 2012, 08:22:22 AM »

Hi all

well my Pleo charger and leaf arrived today.  Unfortunately I still can't test goofy as I didn't receive an a/c adapter for the charging cradle although I did ask the seller and was told one would be included -as such I have left suitable negative feedback!

I therefore need a UK 3 pin to Pleo adapter,  I can see from the charger it expects a 12v 800ma supply

can someone please list the printed values from their original Pleo adapter so that it can try and source one locally?

Also I will need to know the diameter of the jack too please

also if anyone has already had to buy a replacement adapter and can recommend an alternative adapter that would be great

another Pleo hurdle,  another day! :-)

Ugobe Pleo - Goofy

MurphyMooCake

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
Re: I need a power adapter for my original Pleo charger
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 09:16:42 AM »

Hi

I have watched the youtube video regarding the charging of the original battery, and have a question

How many colours does the original pleo charger display?

Is it GREEN, ORANGE, RED or just GREEN and RED ? (where the red may be confused for orange?)

The reason I ask is I have found an adapter in the house which fits the charge cradle, however there is a RED light on

Does this mean it is charging, or am I currently creating a fire hazard?

Any replies most appreciated, thank you

Stephen
Ugobe Pleo - Goofy

MurphyMooCake

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 09:23:55 AM »

DOH! READ THE MANUAL STUPID

Indicator Light Status

Red Actively charging
Green Charging complete
No Light Check power to charger cradle
Flashing/Blinking • Battery not seated properly. Make sure it is securely
placed in charger.

• Battery temperature too hot and needs to cool down.
Leave as is. Check back in a few minutes.

OK - answered my own question - battery on charge (no fire yet) - will be back . . .
Ugobe Pleo - Goofy

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 09:55:33 AM »

I am glad you have gotten it and I do think withibn 4 hrs the charge should be complete and then we can see Stephen, I hope everything works out for you! Let us know. P:) (:

RWM and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods :cool:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 10:26:45 AM »

Sounds like you're up and running!  :D

I'm guessing you have the green Ugobe charger?  Innvo did come out with a new version in 2009/2010 that had an additional battery conditoning feature, and that one has an orange/yellow/amber light when reconditioning as well as the red and green lights the Ugobe charger has.

MurphyMooCake

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 12:30:14 PM »

Hi

yeah I bought an Original from China off eBay. It is currently charging - and has been for 3 hours so far.

It will be going into goofy later to test nothing him,  his neck and the life of the battery

is may get time to test some of the skits too hopefully

cheers

PS the adapter is am using is for a Nokia 6100 mobile phone found in the attic:-)
Ugobe Pleo - Goofy

MurphyMooCake

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 03:20:50 PM »

Not good news so far

the charger remained red for 5 hours,  I tested the battery in goofy,  no charge!

I checked the adapter it was a 5.7v 800ma output so I am guessing it wasn't right for goofy's battery needs

I will try a 12v car Adapter tomorrow to see if that works any better

will keep you posted :-)

I was going to buy an egg charger,  but without the adapter i can't as they don't come with one either!

Baby steps...
Ugobe Pleo - Goofy

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 04:39:11 PM »

Oh dear, trying random chargers is going to do more harm than good I'm sure!

You need an adapter with 10v 800mA output. When I bought mine it came with several jacks, I use the 4mm one but it is a tight fit.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 11:11:11 PM »

They're sadly out of stock of the Universal charger at Pleoworld, they only have the US one, but here it is for info:

http://store.pleoworld.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PleoWorld&Category_Code=PleoCategory

MurphyMooCake

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 11:53:46 PM »

I am off work today and so will take a walk into town and see what I can find

I have found this on eBay which may be suitable

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370574423614?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

but don't want to wait!

Shame the Pleo website doesn't state the jack size,  however I will take the charger with me to ensure the adapter fits

cheers for now
Ugobe Pleo - Goofy

MurphyMooCake

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 04:37:54 AM »

Hi all

I managed to get some charge into Goofy's battery today (using a universal charger I bought in town). It charged in 5 mins, and lasted 5 mins, and so I assume the battery is knackered (the charger is a 12v 800mA, so I know its right)

At least I now know that Goofy works, and speaks, and doesn't appear to have any neck issues (all good for the initial boot up)

I will now buy myself an egg charger from RedwoodsMama to get the most from Goofy.

I will keep you all posted

(PS I plan to charge / discharge the original battery over many cycles to (a) test goofy, and (b) try to re-energise the original battery (if possible))
Ugobe Pleo - Goofy

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 05:18:41 AM »

Yay -- I was (belatedly admittedly - sorry, as I thought you were sorted yesterday) about to post the details on my adapter.  It IS 12V 800mA output.

In my experience if they're really, really dead the batteries barely get you started, so 5 minutes sounds like you might coax a bit more out if yours by ignoring the green light and reaseating.  Good luck! :D

MurphyMooCake

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 08:12:39 AM »

Yay -- I was (belatedly admittedly - sorry, as I thought you were sorted yesterday) about to post the details on my adapter.  It IS 12V 800mA output.

In my experience if they're really, really dead the batteries barely get you started, so 5 minutes sounds like you might coax a bit more out if yours by ignoring the green light and reaseating.  Good luck! :D

Hi

Every cycle takes a little longer to charge, and gives Goofy a little more time to see his new home environment, its currently taking 45 mins to charge, and he lasted 10-15 mins on his last run !

Still not long enough yet to allow me to get to know him, and so the egg battery option is still on

I am looking at UK ebay sales at the moment for the egg due to the price, as I have recently been stung £20 on a £50 USA purchase - and how Royal Mail can charge £8 handling fee to simply push a postcard through a letterbox is beyond me

If I cant source a UK battery, then I will buy from here from RWM, I have quite a shopping list building :-)

By the way Goofy is far more cute than the youtube videos give Pleo credit for, also my biological pet seems to like him too, whereas Aibo frightens my cat off!

As I have a wooden floor he is managing to cover quite some distance, and I think as he has been in hibernation for some time he is very keen to keep his leaf in his mouth, and is making enough noise to ensure I know that he has arrived

Cant wait to try the skits from this site, I have them all downloaded, and ready to go, just need an energetic dino to take advantage of them

cheers
Stephen

Ugobe Pleo - Goofy

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 08:43:54 AM »

I have wussy pussies - they're all just as wary of Pleos.  They view all my bots as related to the dreaded hoover and hairdryer.  :dino-chase:

Glad you're enjoyng him so far, even if in short spurts! :D

MurphyMooCake

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 05:26:46 AM »

Thanks Crewella

Well this is possibly my last post on this thread, as I think it is complete

I would just like to add that I went out last night (its my weekend!), and left Goofy on charge

I returned home, and watched the charge cycle complete - took 4 hours

I switched Goofy on and let him roam around - he lasted 45 MINUTES !!!!! Awesome

As I have never seen a new born Pleo I have just updated Goofy to PM 2

He has just hatched, and is moving fine, and so by total fluke I have managed to buy a good condition (no rips - although one is forming in a neck crease!) fully functional (sound, sensors) working bot

I am now allowing him to entertain me, new threads and posts to follow

Thank you to everyone (above) who have assisted, and also to everyone contributing on other posts which I am currently following with interest.

Cheers
Stephen

(PS I think I should have called Goofy Rocky - as he is a true survivor and fighter :-))

PPS - whilst typing this - Goofy has been alive 10 minutes - and just stood up and is now stretching his legs after a gentle stroke or two)

Ugobe Pleo - Goofy

MurphyMooCake

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 06:38:16 AM »

Ok maybe another couple of posts still worth providing on this thread ;-)

Firstly - just had my first complete run on PM2 - and Goofy was very active and vocal - which I love

Secondly - he lasted 1 hour 15 minutes - WOW

He tried to go to sleep twice, but I immediately woke him up - to test the battery - and that is a very nice run time

So I don't know if that is the charger or the battery which has given Goofy such a long UP time

The one I bought yesterday is identical to this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/800mA-Eurosonic-Regulated-Mains-Adaptor-Supply-3-12Volt-/260872032447#ht_1357wt_931

which I got for just £4, however the downside is it is quite heavy and large

And so I have ordered yet another charger from ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190634343857?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_949

Because I want a smaller charger which will fit away in Goofy's box when not required

Goofy is on charge again, and so later today I will test the battery again to ensure it wasn't a fluke

And when the new charger arrives I will test that too and provide a final anaysis here to conclude the thread

Hope my ramblings have somehow been of use to someone / anyone ! ;-)
Ugobe Pleo - Goofy

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 08:20:47 AM »

Yay - I'm so glad you got it going and Goofy's getting a decent run.  I habitually but bricked/broken/spares Pleo on eBay, and I must admit it's a testament to how tough they actually are that the more than half simply have battery problems. :)

I run one  (at least) on each OS, but I do love the OS2 once the first few battery cycles are done and the personality settles down.  The tricks are great, and the tracking actually works (in good light, anyway).  You HAVE to try the 'play dead' trick! :D

I do recommend the egg chager and battery if and when the green one does slow down - they give a much better run time.  And you use the same adapter! ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal