Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I can't enjoy my pleo...  (Read 2108 times)

marblezee

• Following the footsteps
  • Female
I can't enjoy my pleo...
« on: December 27, 2011, 06:38:55 PM »

I am having such a hard time enjoying my new pleo. Its paint is starting to peel away, its feet get stuck and make clacky noises every now and then, and I am scared to play with it, in case I might break its delicate machinery. Plus it moved its head too fast and knocked a glass of orange soda all over the carpet, but I guess that was my fault.

Ugh!  :'(

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: I can't enjoy my pleo...
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 07:43:31 PM »

Your Pleo needs a shopping spree ;) Some new clothes and booties will help those problems :)

Small dog shirts sometimes fit and the woolen baby socks are a good fit as well. The first helps the paint and the second stops the feet catching and causing them to click.

As for soda... well I guess you'll just have to drink from a sippy cup ;D Or keep it out of range :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 08:33:51 PM »

IMR's right on the skin protection, clothes and bootees do help.  On the machinery ...... I know we are very protective of our Pleos on here, and people tend to come here for help so you do get to read about a lot of people with problems, but the truth is that Pleos are surprisingly robust really.  All my lot have barged into each other, got stuck under furniture, been tripped over at least once and a couple have rolled off the sofa.  I don't recommend such treatment, and I'm not proud of it, but I thought it might make you feel better if I owned up!   :-[ ;D

marblezee

• Female
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 06:14:59 AM »

Thanks! I'll try to find a well-fitting shirt, and some booties, if I can find them.

Crewella, that made me feel much better! After reading so many stories about broken necks and dead sensors and whatnot, I got scared.  :)
At least I know its not like they're made of tissue paper.

As for the soda... my mom banned Winter from playing on the coffee table.  :D

Thanks for the solutions  :D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 09:45:41 AM by marblezee »

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Comaro,Cosmic,Bambi,Pumpkin,Gator
  • jdhv
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 03:19:10 PM »

You do know you can buy botties :stocking2: on this website silly  ;) oh and i love the name you have givin to your pleo snow :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake:

marblezee

• Female
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 03:38:26 PM »

Oh, this forum has a store! I forgot ;D I'll be sure to check it out and see what's available  :gift:

I'm glad you like my pleo's name!   :snowflake:

AshWolFF

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 06:05:58 PM »

Mine has a nice little sweater.  8) All mine does that's irritating is when its messing with my work.  ^-^

hapihapidino

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 11:29:05 PM »

Buy her some clothes, she needs some to protect the paint, you wouldn't want that unique paint pale right?

sherylsparrow

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
  • Dinosaur hugger
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 06:51:25 AM »

It's normal to be protective with your Pleo, hope Winter didn't get wet with soda and came out clean in that accident :D I'm very protective too but it doesn't stop me from playing with him. But buying clothes it's a great idea. A couple of days before Mushkiy was hatched I bought him a pair of sweaters and a pair of socks so he can walk with his feets covered. I don't want him to get hurt. Something really scares me a lot though if the possibility of his neck getting broken specially with Theo (my cocker) playing around with his ball :'(  BTW are ugobes as robust as RBs?

winkwink09

• Member of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 07:44:05 PM »

Hi,

I realised that most people started talking about the skin protection. I'm pretty sure Pleos come with a Pleo cape, so that SHOULD help. If not, any type of soft fabric would help. Time to get creative! :D

Regarding the clacking of the legs, mine does that too. When I cradle it, and it starts moving, sometimes it starts cracking. It's done that so many times now, but so far it's fine. :) Pleos are meant to be very reliable and durable products. They say if you accidentally drop a Pleo on the floor (I don't recommend this, however) it shouldn't break. The Pleo would just pretend it's broken, and start limping. They have clamps in all their joins, which make sure the Pleo doesn't fall apart or get cracked when they're bent too far. That may also be a source of that clacking sound. Do you happen to bend the Pleo alot?

When you purposely bend the Pleo (when it is off), it should automatically clamp back into it's original position and resume it's stance. So don't be worried and have fun with it. :) If you have any other problems, feel free to ask. That's what a forum is for! ;)

Also, there are videos on PleoWorld.com which tell you what happens inside the pleo (i.e. the clamps). Here's a video made by Derek Dotson, CEO of Innvo Labs.
This might help you find out the workings of a Pleo. http://www.pleoworld.com/videos/pleoinside.aspx

winkwink
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal