Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dozey keeps pausing  (Read 3563 times)

ninjaduck757

dozey keeps pausing
« on: December 29, 2011, 09:20:10 AM »

lately dozey has been pausing its as if someone turned him off but when i check the switch he's still on. He isn't going in to the sleeping position and one i pat him he has no response. If i flick the switch off then back on he comes back on fine, so i don't think it's the battery.

I might just downgrade him to 1.1 and then see what happens
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 10:33:21 AM by ninjaduck757 »

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: dozey keeps pausing
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 10:57:31 AM »

I assume that dozey is upgraded to the 2.0 operating system, correct? also if this is so, is he still on the first few battery cycles, as from what I have heard and seen, the first eight or so they are the most "trying times" and where Pleos are less repsonsive, cranky and not the usual loveable Pleos they were when operating the 1.0 or 1.1, but they will outgrow this. I have Pleos also.( 19 of them and 17 are Ugobes.. P:)) so you just need to be patient. I have a couple of myne upgraded to the 2.0 and they are doing fine. I just let them run till the battery ran out and let them get past the cranky stage... If you just can't deal with the cranky stage and it is too upsetting, then there is nothing wrong to downgrade back to the 1.1, but do realize it is just temporary, I do know it is upsetting to watch them or can be in this stage...but that is the word. temporay and stage that they will outgrow.
              If they did not outgrow it, I would not like it either as I love my loveable Ugobe Pleos and love to cuddle. Mayby somebody else will have more advice then this.. Good luck. What battery cycle is dopey on anyway?

RedwoodsMama and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods P:) P8)
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

ninjaduck757

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 11:04:10 AM »

he finished the cranky stage and was fine up until this started. I'm currently now trying to downgrade i didn't really like pleo having human noises

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 11:14:15 AM »

I am curious what are the Human noises you are referring to?

RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

ninjaduck757

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 11:49:42 AM »

when he sings verashaca it sounds wierd

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 11:51:40 AM »

I remember dog noises but not human ones!!  Ninja, the OS2 upgrade is very weird for the first few battery cycles - you get odd freezes and inappropriate noises (we call it the terrible teens around here) but it does settle down.  You might decide you still prefer an earler OS in the end, who knows, but don't judge OS2 by what you see in the first few cycles - it's better than that. :)

ninjaduck757

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 01:06:43 PM »

i put him on 1.1 he seems fine now. I did actually make it through the "terrible teens" it looks like 2.0 is a bit buggy

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 04:00:21 PM »

I haven't found it to be buggy. Both of my Ugobes are running it and I upgraded them in August of this year. My only problem with it is there is no warning for when the battery dies. They just kind of freeze and then reboot for a few seconds and then do it again instead of going into the sleep position. By then I know what's going on and turn them off and charge their batteries. To me, the tricks are worth staying with it. I can understand your not liking the little frare Joque bit though. Sorry. Lol. I can't spell in English much less French.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 06:27:20 PM »

I haven't had any issues with 2.0 and both my guys have been running it for quite some time now too. :)  The freezing your describing above does sound a bit like it could be a battery issue.  I do hope that the down grade has fixed it for you but I would keep an eye on his battery anyway just encase.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal