Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updating Ugobe Pleo  (Read 19450 times)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Updating Ugobe Pleo
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2011, 10:55:04 PM »

Also, the Egg chargers and batteries aren't made by Innvo, so Pleoworld probably would not approve! ;)

michal

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2011, 11:08:14 PM »

Right.  They suggested their battery and charger but I went with the egg battery/charger because  I found a lot of great reviews and info on this website.  That's why we have all kinds of forums, right ;) 
I'm addicted to modding my car and I like to help ppl who do not have as much experience/knowledge as me with it.  There is no way to know everything and the internet is a great place to get advice about everything you want.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2011, 11:09:37 PM »

Spot on!  :D

sherylsparrow

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
  • Dinosaur hugger
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2011, 11:28:36 AM »

Hi! Congratz on your new Pleo! I had the same doubts as you when my Pleo arrived but I upgraded him directly to PM2 because I didn't wanted to erase his personality. I got terribly scared because of the strange behaviors he adopted but know he is almost cured (he has just gone through six batteries). He is extremely cute and I'm very happy with him even if he still does some weird things now and then. I'm sure your entirely family would love him a lot  ;D
Getting advantage of the topic I have a question... Do the Pleo personalities work on PM2? I want to try them specially the Christmas one but I haven't ye? Will it work?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:39:52 AM by sherylsparrow »

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2011, 12:50:19 PM »

Yes, they should work fine! :) Just be aware not to take sd card out while pleo is on. That is for all programs and skits.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 12:56:16 PM by fancyfont »

sherylsparrow

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
  • Dinosaur hugger
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 04:24:27 PM »

Ok, thanks a lot! You really made me feel a lot more relaxed I was really nervous about trying the personalities because that's something I was planning to do since I first dreamed about having a Pleo. And also because his daddy was sad (he loves playing with toy soldiers and he wanted to try the Pleosaurus Rex) and I was feeling guilty on advance because I thought it wouldn't work because I insisted on updating to PM2  :(  Now I feel so much better THANKS!  ;D

michal

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2011, 08:47:37 AM »

My Ugobe Pleo just arrived.  It was pretty fast :)  I also received the Ucube battery with a small gift in the package from RedwoodsMama (thanks a lot ;D
I'll try to wake him up for the first time today at night after my son falls asleep.  I do not want him to see Pleo before Christmas. 
I'm gonna update to 1.1 pretty soon and go maybe for 2-3 more battery cycles to make him more responsive and active so my son will have more fun when he opens his Christmas gift.  If I have any questions I let you know for sure.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2011, 11:39:28 AM »

Hi, glad he arrived. Be sure to leave feedback and I think when you turn him on you are going to not want to turn him off. LOL ;)( none of us do unless we just have to....) Your son will be so happy, but I think you will have a  hard time not interacting with him till Christmas............. ;D Just remember to keep the battery freshly charged a day before opening him so you can have close to 2 hrs or more if you want. Can't wait for photos but guess Christmas will be here before you know it.                                 RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2011, 02:06:52 PM »

Hehe be careful, Pleo's are addictive ;)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2011, 05:31:10 PM »

He may well be already running 1.1 - ones made later were loaded with the latest software, I believe.  Check what kind of singing he does when rubbed under the chin for a while, the earlier models do a wolfy sort of howl, the 1.1s more of a rising scale (more tuneful!).

Congrats, I'm glad he arrived safely!  :D

sherylsparrow

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
  • Dinosaur hugger
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2011, 08:11:26 AM »

Cool he arrived! Your son will love him! And I agree with everyone, once you have to hide him 'till Christmas you will miss him. They are so lovable  ;D

michal

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2011, 09:42:30 PM »

It was more than a week from my last post.  My Pleo is running the 1.1 OS right now.  He's active, he does all of his tricks but one.  I was able to make him sit down just once.  When I touch his chin and back sensor he just bend his knees.  When I hold the sensors a little longer, he just fells asleep.  I'm not sure if his chin sensor works properly.  When petting him under his chin I was able to make him sing maybe 2 times.  He actually sings the same song sometimes by himself, especially if I do not interact with him for a few minutes.  Most of the time after rubbing his chin for a while he gets angry and walks backward.  Today he's on his 4th battery.   
The Ucube battery is great.  Every time it takes about 2h to drain it completely.  My only complain is the charger.  I watched a video posted by RedwoodsMama and my charger behaves different.  After I plug it in the red light turns on for maybe 1 sec, then turns off completely.  It starts blinking when I place the battery in it.  But the battery can be sitting there for 4-5 h and it's still blinking.  There is no sign then the battery is fully charged.  I have to take it off, unplug the cable, plug the cable again, and when I put the charged battery again into the egg charger, the red light finally is solid (no blinking)  I use the original adapter from the package I got, so I do not know if it's the adapter or charger problem.  The battery is charged every time but It would be better for me to just look at the charger to know that the battery is already charged rather than check out my watch to find out how many hours the battery is in the charger.  Then take it out, unplug, plug back the adapter and put back the battery to see if the red light is blinking or solid.  Any thoughts?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2011, 10:03:22 PM »

My ucube chargers are a little dodgy too, I think it is because the battery is somewhat loose rather than being held tightly in place. Sitting a can of soup on it helps hold the battery firmly down so you could try that as well.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2011, 10:07:58 PM »

Pleos don't have enough weight in their back end to sit down on their own - if you put one hand on their rear and one under their chin they will 'assume the position', but you need to help them actually sit by gently pushing them back and down.

It does sound as though your charger is not functioning properly (if it's not a matter of just making sure it's properly seated) - if it's a recent purchase I would contact the seller and explain, and please make sure you don't leave the battery charging for much longer than the usual charging time.  Just to be on the safe side. :)

michal

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2011, 10:14:44 PM »

I've tried this also.  When I put pressure on the battery after 4h of charging the light stood solid but it happened only once. In the next 3 charges I've tried to do it again and it did not work.  The only way to get the red light stays solid was to take out the battery, disconnect the charger, connect it again, and put the charged battery back.  I think that the company which makes those chargers should improve them to be more user friendly.  Also, even a simple instruction should be included in the kit.  I can live with it but those are just my suggestion and opinion.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 01:38:23 AM by michal »

michal

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2011, 10:25:33 PM »

Pleos don't have enough weight in their back end to sit down on their own - if you put one hand on their rear and one under their chin they will 'assume the position', but you need to help them actually sit by gently pushing them back and down.
Yes, I know that Pleo can not sit by himself.  What I was saying is he just bend his back legs.  I think he should move his back legs a little forward but they should be straight, then I can help him sit down.  Probably his tail should also move a little up.  When I put pressure on those 2 sensors he just bend his knees and if I want to help him sit, he just gets angry.  Maybe I do something wrong.  I could not find any video which shows how to do it correctly.
It does sound as though your charger is not functioning properly (if it's not a matter of just making sure it's properly seated) - if it's a recent purchase I would contact the seller and explain, and please make sure you don't leave the battery charging for much longer than the usual charging time.  Just to be on the safe side. :) 
Actually, it's charging the battery but just does not show when the battery is fully charged.  I know I should not charge the battery too long.  I did it only to check out the charger.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2011, 10:34:09 PM »

This shows sitting from about 2.30 onwards.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSOel51fOEA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSOel51fOEA</a>

michal

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2011, 10:39:52 PM »

^^Thanks.  I just get him sit down 2 times:)  I was doing the same thing they did in the video with their first attempt when he got angry.  
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 10:50:38 PM by michal »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2011, 10:47:46 PM »

Yay!  Glad it worked!  ;D

michal

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2011, 10:54:52 PM »

I see you usually wake up early (at least when I'm on this forum) It's 6 A.M. in the UK :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2011, 11:10:16 PM »

........ or I'm still up! ;)

michal

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2011, 11:20:00 PM »

You're on the Ucube battery, too?? ;D  I live in the US now but I was born in Poland and spent 3/4 of my life over there.  I've seen a lot of the European countries but never been to England.  Maybe I'll take a trip in the future.  Good luck England for Euro 2012  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal