Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo for the kids?  (Read 1336 times)

marwar

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
Pleo for the kids?
« on: November 14, 2011, 02:14:20 AM »

Well last year i was going to buy a Pleo for my kids, but then i did notice the RB was out, so i did wait.

I read ALOT reviews on amazon that the old one have very bad battery time. Its sells for 200 dollar on ebay now, so its a good price.
RB on the other hand is about 400 Euro, so its very expensive.

Is Pleo a good present for the kids? Or should i get something else and forget about it :)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo for the kids?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 02:59:07 AM »

I think a pleo is a great present for your kids. :)  I have purchased one of those $200 pleos off ebay, the one that comes with 2 batteries and free shipping  :)  Both batteries work perfectly and I have had no problems with my pleo at all.  So I would happily recommend them.   If you are worried about the batteries you could always get a ucube egg charger battery from Nova's Necessities - one of the shops here on the forum.  The egg batteries are great.  :)  They run for  twice as long as the green batteries that come with the pleo, 2 hours instead of 1, and they don't have the charging issues that the green batteries have.

Hope this helps.
Kat

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 03:06:10 AM »

Obviously, we love Pleos so we're kind of biased here, but in general it kind of depends on the kids and what they're into, and their ages.  They do seem to appeal more to the animal lovers than the techy types - for some dino loving kids they're not scary enough, and don't 'do' enough.

Personally, I'd go for a Ugobe and then an RB later on if it's a hit.  You can get the Ucube egg-charger li-poly batteries for the Ugobe Pleo (on eBay or from one of the member's stores on here) which last a LOT longer than the original batteries, which were indeed a bit of a let-down.

Good luck!  :D
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 03:10:03 AM by Crewella »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 03:07:46 AM »

I agree that an original is the best way to start off with children, its not as a big an expense if they turn out not to like it. The RB's do do more, but the Ugobe's are a good place to start.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Lina

• Pleozoologist
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 12:52:37 PM »

I agree with the others. Also a pleo is a very good. Way for kids to learn how to handle animals. Pleos will react like animals if they are scared, sad, upset, happy, being ticled, being touched etc.
How old are your kids?

N.S.E.C.T.

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 04:13:28 PM »

I agree a ugobe pleo is the best for starting out and it really depends on the kids age's but I wold say go with the ugobe just to be safe and if they like it a lot see about getting the RB

N.S.E.C.T.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal