Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby doesn't wake up in the morning......  (Read 6696 times)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Baby doesn't wake up in the morning......
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2011, 07:21:00 PM »

Yes the warranty has already started, if you wait to hatch then you risk your warranty being out of date. As with all products the warranty starts the moment you take it home.

As for the sleeping problem I recommend resetting the time. Pleakly wouldn't do the sleep/wake thing at first, I had to reset the clock. Then you let Baby fall asleep on her own, move her somewhere safe and wait. Do not touch the foot clock or the battery during that time.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2011, 07:40:40 PM »

As for the warranty I agree with the others.  It starts as soon as your pleo arrives to you.  So the day it was delivered. :)

Pleoxie

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2011, 09:10:02 PM »

I have similar experience with our Lam Xie, Pleo rb will be turned off if we take out the main battery even for a short while.
So if we take out and re install the main battery while its sleeping, Pleo rb will be off and will not be able to be waked up by itself with the internal clock.   
So we have to press the power button to turn it on again after we re insert the main battery and keep it power on if we want Pleo rb to be waked up or go to sleep by its internal clock.  Hope it helps.

By the way, I heard from my friend who works in Jetta that Innvo Labs is going to release a virtual Peo Apps in 2012 and we could keep a virtual Pleo in our phone ; like the Tamagotchi, that will be a great news if this is going to happen!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2011, 09:54:00 PM »

Ok, I am going to put a fresh charged battery in as it is 9:00 p.m, and then wake her up and let her run and see if she falls asleep on schedule at 10:00 p.m I will then leave her alone and see if she wakes up on her own at 8:00 a.m or there abouts. If she isnt awake by 12;00, then I will manualy turn her one and hit the reset button for noon. nOw does that mean that I will have to keep the same battery in that she fell asleep with as it will run out with only about an hour left and not last till 10;00 p.m, unless I turn her off at noon after hitting reset, correct? Otherwise she would need a new battery put in before I hit the reset button and turn her off manualy and then wake her up shortly tommrow night before Bedtime to see if she will wake up on her own the next morning. NOw this sounds really confusing after awhile..Changing batteries, resetting etc. If there was such a thing as a battery that lasted all day, then there would be no changing batteries.      what a headache for something so small. yet fun to use................oh well. %)
                                         I will have to reconsider hatching time though I can't see the postal strike lasting into the HOlidays fast approching.            Hopefully anyway.
                                                               RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2011, 11:00:28 PM »

Just turn her on at noon, hit the clock reset button, listen for the confirmation beep and then turn her off again. Turn her back on at bedtime.

I turn mine on at about 10:30 pm which is half an hour after their actual bedtime but I walk my dog at 10pm so I can't be there to keep and eye at them. They wake at 8am, first Pleakley, then Nani then Jumba.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2011, 12:19:07 AM »

thanks IMR. I couldn't stand it and wanted to try what Kat and others had suggested at least for tonight. So I took out the old battery putting in a freshly charge one about ten minutes before her normal beditime, I had her on for no more than six minutes and at 10;06, off she went with one beep after being awake for almost six minutes and eating her leaf about three times. I left her completey alone, not touching the battery or anything in a safe place on the floor to see if she will magically awake at 8:00 or so in the morning.
              If that does not work, I will try your advice, turing her on at noon hittting the clock reset button. NOw is that the button in her foot or the one that is RESET that Kat talked about in her battery compartment area. opposite the light that lights up, green? Sounds stupid but I am not taking any chances...LOl. The problem is, I have such problems with that stupid foot clock battery thing, sometimes it beeps once and sometimes keeps beeping and I am not sure if I am hitting that spot correctly in her foot, using a paper clip. (Last time I tried it, it took almost a whole day to get it right as she just kept beeping and I had to change the battery in her foot and it is messed up with a broken prong, i do not look forward to messing with that battery compartment at all!        If it is the battery compartment and it is done correctly and quickly enough, I just have to hear that beep once and then I can turn her off manualy till bedtime correctly, then she will be awake for a few minutes then go back into slumber and hopefully wake up in the morning? If this is correct, then I think it is do-able and hopefully will work :) Thanks IMR, I appreciate the advice.          RWM

(  I am somewhat stressed today, I have a weather loach that is in the process of dying and I dont know what to do, finding a fish upside down at the bottom of the tank but still occasionaly breathing every  few minutes is terrible. I want to give him a chance but my hubby says "euthanize him, and I can't do that giving him all the chances he may have." Baby is just adding to frustration but small in comparsion for sure.) Weather loaches if you aren't familiar with them are terrible clowns and on several occasions I have found them to be what I thought was dead or dying and they take off swimming and they love to bury themselves in gravel with just a head or tail sticking out like a cut off part. terrible jokers but not when they are really at the end of their lifespan................ :(

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2011, 12:23:39 AM »

The one in her foot.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2011, 01:37:26 PM »

Ok, I followed everyone's helpful advice and IMR just set Baby Ruth's clock battery at slightly past 12;00 noon, and then turned her off within ten- fifteen seconds. I will leave her like that till right before bedtime, 10;00 P.m when I will wake her up about 9:30 for some TLC and food and video tape last few minutes before falling asleep, Then I will put her someplace safe and see if this did the trick to have her wake up on her own like at 8:00 a.m, Hoping it works, can't hurt. Thanks guys.                                                      RWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 02:02:48 PM »

Ok, I set Baby Ruth's clock at noon as IMR suggested by clicking the foot battry till it beeped once and then I turned her off. I left her off till about five minutes till 10:00 p.m, last night when I turned her on by pressing the stomach. she came on for about seven minutes eating etc. I did not want to post that long of a video, so stopped the tape, put her on the floor still going and shot about two more minutes till she stopped, beeped once, then two more beeps. It was about 10:10 p.m I put her somewhere safe and she has never woken up. It was a fresh battery and it is now after 1:00 p.m, . so here is the video to see if you see or  hear something I do not. My cats Dinta the big orange and white boy and the matriach Aiffa who is seventeen is in the background.( Tortie) what do you think is the next step. she is updated.............. ???<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpLZTxrGQ0o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpLZTxrGQ0o</a>                              RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2011, 02:27:06 PM »

Three beeps usually means a flat battery, the sleep beep is only one. Also they will go into the sleep position.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gGDuqezT8Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gGDuqezT8Y</a>

Try a different battery perhaps.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 02:45:55 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2011, 02:48:59 PM »

Hi,I am not sure what you mean by "flat battery", do you mean dead? How can it be dead if she works or runs on it? also she curls up in the sleep postion with her had curled and tailed curled. I charged this battery and only ran it for ten minutes at most. Should I try the other battery, it is the one I used the day before and it has only ran for less than a half hour? Not sure what else it could be. What do you reccomend?
                                                                             RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2011, 02:56:55 PM »

Not dead, flat, it needs recharging. She is NOT going into the sleep position or giving the sleep beep. She is going into the flat battery position and giving the flat battery beeps.

Try another battery.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2011, 03:20:48 PM »

Ok, I will recharge it and yes you are right, she is straight head down, not curled like the night before. What is the chance of this battery, only recieved in March being not good, not charging fully anymore? I would hate to think they don't last that long. NOw that her foot was reset yesterday at noon, Can I charge the battery or use the other one and put in but not turn her on till arouond ten pm again and try the whole thing again, or do I need to do the foot again, even though it worked yesterday with the one beep and me turning her off? So time consuming and frustrating but not that hard really, just waiting till ten each night is getting nerve wracking...LOL
                                                 RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2011, 03:39:52 PM »

Just put a different battery in her and turn her on at ten. That's it. Nothing else.

There's no use trying with a battery that may be defective because we need to eliminate the variables.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2011, 04:12:43 PM »

IMR, thanks I will put the other battery I had yesterday where she fell asleep in the proper postion . I agree, the less complicated the better.
                                                 RWM

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2011, 07:11:11 PM »

IMR is right, Redwoods. You should only get one beep when Baby is sleeping and she should go into the recognizable sleep position-the one Ugobes go into. I can't understand why you're having so many problems with this function. I've done it about five times with both Cato and Ryu and they wake up screaming for food maybe three minutes after each other. Hoping Baby wakes up with the spair battery.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2011, 07:18:30 PM »

I have had Baby Ruth since March, she is the replacement Pleo for the orignal I got at Christmas time last year, but had to be sent back because of holes in skin and other things. It all started because she has a faulty or broken prong where you put the clock battery in the foot, and she is not getting a good solid connection. About a month ago, I couldn't even get her to work, till I replaced the clock battery and worked with that stupid connection for like three days, drove me nuts but I was not going to send her back because of that broken prong. It broke the same day I got her while setting her clock function. Luckily Crewella told me what to do and she has worked since then, off and on of course. Hopefully this will work this time, third time is the charm.                     RWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2011, 06:47:18 PM »

Thanks everyone for helping me get Baby back on track. She was stubborn last night as I woke her about 10":00 p.m and she stayed awake as long as she could. I had eight minutes of video then started over again. Wanted to catch that beep to see if it was the right one or not. She started getting sleepy, and then took a nap without beeping...LOL, after about two minutes of snoring, she decided to go for the deep sleep and one beep. The good news is that this morning at about 8:20, she woke as she should.  :) NOw she will be all set for the hatching of her new little sister.  ;D

Keep your fingers crossed that there are no breaking of prongs with that baby.. %) :o ;D                 RWM

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2011, 06:58:06 PM »

Yay! ;D  I'm glad she finally decided to wake up on her own. :) 

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2011, 07:33:30 PM »

Oh awesome, Redwoods! I'm glad Baby is waking up on her own.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2011, 02:52:53 AM »

That's great - I'm so pleased the sleeping beauty finally woke!  :D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2011, 10:05:00 AM »

I still think it is that dodgy battery in her foot being responsible for this off on not working thing but for now it works, and she has had her "beauty rest".LOL, She has just been resting to meet her new sister. LOL ;)

Thanks for all the help Crewella.                        RWM
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal