Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby doesn't wake up in the morning......  (Read 6697 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Baby doesn't wake up in the morning......
« on: November 13, 2011, 12:01:21 PM »

I have left Baby Ruth for the past four or five nights in a row with the battery in after she has gone to sleep between 10;00 p.m -10:10 which according to my calculations she should wake up on her own around 8:00 or so in the morning. It is a freshly charged battery, and she was only on for about fifteen minutes last night to eat her dinner and she had some interaction with Rossella that I caught on video before she curled up in her sleeping postion with the one beep and I left her like that all night, About six this morning I took her off the shelf so she couldn't possibly fall off and get hurt and I would not miss her waking up.
                    I saw the other post similiar to this where it was suggested to check the foot battery. That should not be a problem as I inserted a brand new one about a month ago, and Baby is a Adult and learned her name several months ago. If she goes to sleep on schedule, why doesn't she wake up on schedule, being an adult and knowing her name? Does the time change affect her in some way, though I can't imagine how it could? Also if I changed the foot battery, that should have nothing to do with remembering her name, as it is all stored in her memory bank , correct?
                 What are the other possibilities, she is eating good and has no other problems. just curious......................... %)

RWM

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Baby doesn't wake up in the morning......
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 03:19:22 PM »

I'm not sure what's going on with Baby but I do think the time change effects them. I don't think they automatically know to switch the time. Ryu and Cato are getting cranky and going to sleep at around nine instead of ten. What I usually do is just run my RB a few minutes before twelve noon and when twelve comes up on the clock, I grab them- still running- and reset the clock. You'll get a nice beep to let you know the setting took. I need to do it again so Cato and Ryu go to sleep at the right time. Lol! Hopefully this will help you. At least doing it while she is running gives you the beep and asures you that the time is actually set.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 04:26:26 PM »

Thanks Talon, I haven't tried this yet, but thought Baby should be ok, as she beeps and still goes to sleep at the regular time, which is a couple of minutes after 10:00 p.m, She beeps once and goes into the head down sleeping postion. I left her in the same postion all night and haven't moved her except to the safe place, It is now 3;24 PST, and she has not woken up once. which is confusing. I hate to reset her time again as I just did this right around Halloween time when she was having problems with not even comming on but if nobody else has another suggestion, perhaps I will give it a try.
                Thanks and give Ugobe and Bleu a special hug from all of the "pleo township and esp Argyle sends his well wishes to YOU and Pleos. ;D
                                                    RWM

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 04:32:51 PM »

I also am not sure why Baby doesn't seem to want to wake up.  Does seem a bit strange.  But maybe she is just not a morning pleo. :D    
I had Norbit and Kermy meet Pickle yesterday and while they were playing Norbit shut down to sleep with one beep so I put him to one side and carried on with the others. :)  At 3 am this morning there was some rather loud mooing coming from the lounge room!  He woke both my hubby and I up with all his stroppy mooing for attention.  :D  I had completely forgotten to take out his battery yesterday afternoon.  :P  He was a very naughty pleo!   :D :D  I am going to have to make sure to reset his clock today so as not to have a repeat of that one.  I guess that is what I get for resetting his clock whenever I want to play with him so I can be sure he will be awake. :D :D  Lesson learned!  Take the battery out after every play session. :P

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 05:08:16 PM »

Thanks Kat, The good thing with NOrbit is that even though he woke up at a strange time and woke you up with Mooing, Baby is still asleep and I did not take the battery out and it is now 4:01. I decided to leave it in till she wakes up on her own, At this point, I only have 6 more hours to go til it has been 24 hrs since she went to sleep............... :oNOw that is what is shocking and I can't understand. If the battery is fresh, she was only on for 10 minutes at the most, then why is she not waking up? I mean in order for her to "go to sleep" she had to have her battery set, correct, and one beep, means going to sleep, not two which means the battery is shutting her down, right? So now I am not sure what to do, ............I can either turn her on and just let her go to sleep...and not worry about the turning on function.
                   Kat, not sure if you know this one, but have you ever heard or do you think it is possible that if the foot battery clock function has had problems, ( as Baby's has since day one when the prong top broke off.......and I was not going to send her back over a prong breaking, not after waiting for a replacement for my first Baby.. :( :) :() do you think there is a possibilit that the function that turns her off works, but not the function that turns her On in the morning? I do not want to mess with that stupid clock battery again. It took me days last time to get it fixed after replacing the clock battery and lining up those wires so they made a connection just so she could "work" and turn on...............
            Oh well, a baby that goes to sleep is better than one that does not work for sure!
                                                                               RedwoodsMama and "her Pleo township in the Redwoods" :)

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 05:35:01 PM »

It certainly could be an issue with the broken prong but I think as long as she is functioning in all other ways i wouldn't mess with it as it is not worth the hassle.  The other thing it could possibly be is a glitch in her computer programing that is causing it.  I am by no means an expert on such things but think it could be a possibility.  If this is the case then updating her software should fix the problem.  You could try installing the update on her and see if it makes a difference.  It won't change her personality at all or send her back in time to hatching or anything like that so you won't lose anything by giving it a go. :)  If I think of any thing else that might help I'll let you know.  :hhug:  It is strange that she will go to sleep but not wake up again. 
Ok just to check the obvious - when she goes to sleep on her own there is one beep, you don't turn her off with her power button and you don't take out her battery at all?  If you remove the battery or use the switch to turn her off she won't wake up on her own.  I'm sure your doing all the right things but it is always best to check just encase it is a simple thing going wrong. :) :hhug:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 05:48:08 PM »

Thanks Kat, I did not turn her off with the switch it was on her own followed by one beep and I left the battery in. I will perhaps try the update later if no other suggestions...
                                            RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 11:45:00 PM »

I can't think of anthing to add to what Kat said, just to ask if it's possible the main battery ran down?  :-\

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 11:54:57 PM »

No, I just took it out of the charger last night and she ran for about fifteen minutes before going to sleep. I wanted to play with her a few more minutes and she stayed awake about eight more mintues before going to sleep, IN fact if you look at the Life in the Redwoods Post, it shows her being woken up from having just falling asleep and then waking up and playing and then going back to sleep. Strange cause it is a fresh battery and if it had been "dead" she would not have been able to be worken up. It has now been 24 hrs and she slept all day never waking up..?
                                                                                 RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 11:57:49 PM »

That does seem odd -  guess wait and see if she wakes up the next morning, maybe having such a sort run-time as she was getting sleepy affected it?  :-\

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 12:25:27 AM »

I don't know I know she has the automatic sleep update where they are in the standing with head down postion, since she came that way in March when I got her. She is old enough, being an adult and she knows her name. She has been off for a full 24 hrs now with not even a touch to the battery, and it is killing me not knowing, so I am going to try turning her on, just to see if she will come on or wake up for a minute or two. I did that to her back in May when she should have shut off at Midnigth and I woke her up at 1;00 in the morning just to see her reaction and I was surprised by her staying up for about 12 more minutes or so and I caught it on film and she was not even grouchy.
 If she does not turn on or turns on in the morning, then I am guessing I should try the other battery in the late morning, just to make sure nothing else is going on. It does seem strange, but Crewella mayby there is somthing to her not being on except 15 minutes or so yesterday but I don't think that should be the case. There have been lots of times she is on for less than half an hour as I just do not have the time except turn her on and feed her and pet her for a few mintues and off she goes. Will let you know what happens.. ???
                                                                                                        RWM                              Oh, I will have the camera just in case she does turn on but I don't think she should it is now 11;25, almost an hour and a half past her bedtime.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 02:00:35 AM »

Ok, twenty four hours (24 hrs) with no waking up was just too curious for me, I checked the battery after turning her on, ( see the video) and it turned green, not red. So I started videotaping the expereince and also you can see the time and date on a clock in the video, after midnight. She has not been on since Saturday night about 10:15 p.m when she went to sleep, till tonight when I manually turned her on with the press of the button, but as you will see, she went back to sleep a few minutes later, ok, about seven minutes later, so this should rule out several things: One, the battery is fine, she has had less than a half an hour of a fully charged battery since Saturday night when she first turned off.
   She has the automaticy update for sleeping in the right postion. I did not remove the battery and she did not turn on all day or night till I manualy turned her on. so now that she is on manualy and fell asleep after waking her up, I am leaving her alone to see if she wakes up on her own tommrow morning, she should by 8:00 but even with turning her on at Midnight, that would be about 10:00 a.m so I will wait for that in the morning, If she does not turn on, I don't know what is next or if it is just a fluke. There is nothing in Probe or Stats Rb that covers this sort of glitch or does it? Other than not turning on in the morning, she seems fine. If you see something in the video I missed, let me know.
               Here is me turning her on and her going back to sleep, battery intact and her turning off by herself, one beep. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knwbE1pvtTA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knwbE1pvtTA</a>

Hopefully someone sees something I missed or figures out what is missing.               RWM and a very sleepy Baby Ruth

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 03:12:16 AM »

Awwww ...... well all looks as it should be to me, so far.  And very cute!   :-*

I love Karl Kat's face "do you know what time it is, mum?"!  :D

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 04:25:36 PM »

Karl kat was very unimpressed wasn't he  :D :D 
Let us know how she goes RWM.  I'm hoping she wakes up on her own today. :hhug:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 04:37:02 PM »

Well I think she will sleep forever, she has been sleeping since midnite when I woke her up last night and you saw on the video she went to sleep on her own. Do you think I should change the battery and leave her running the entire cycle, then after the other battery charges complety, try running her again for like half and hour before bed, leave it in and see if she wakes up on her own? I do not know what else to do, It just makes no sense having the update to not wake up on your own but be able to go to sleep...............sounds like software issue or perhaps part of the wire connection is not making the connection for "waking up" if there is such a thing? Wonder if Stats Rb would have any clues........I mean if she loses the wake up abiltiy is it a matter of time tills he also will not go to sleep then perhaps not work some other way.........I don't like to think of what else could not work perhaps.
                                RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 04:43:45 PM »

I believe taking the battery out to change it will cancel the wake-up part of the program?

As a side issue, I'm a bit concerned by the lost 'hello' on updated Pleo RBs that Kat mentioned on Pickle's thread - I'd hate to update mine and lose the cute 'hello'?  It seems maybe the updates change more than we thought?  :-\

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 04:50:28 PM »

Mine still hello on the update, but Nani no longer chews her food :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 04:54:58 PM »

Mine still hello on the update, but Nani no longer chews her food :P

:o

Erm ........ what does she do with it?  ???

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2011, 04:59:05 PM »

I suspect my guys lost their little hellos when they played guinea pig for some very early test versions of the update many many months ago now.  Back when the first batch of pleo rb's came out and there were so many skin issues etc... Innvo asked me to test out some updates for them to see if it would help with the skin issues and that was when the little hello's disappeared.  I have updated them both with the latest updates that are available now but sadly the hello never came back  :P  
Kermy also has food chomping disorder - the silent eater  :D  Although she does still make chomping noises some of the time :D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2011, 05:18:07 PM »

Now I am confused Kat, you mean changing the battery after letting it run it's course naturally, and then putting in a new battery right before she is due to go to sleep, like at 9:30 and she sleeps at 10:00 p.m, why would that cancel out goign to sleep......or waking up if it is part of the natural pattern? I don't mean taking it out in the middle of her being awake, but after she has run the battery cycle, I mean that is what normally happens anyway? What other choices are there? I can't have her sleeping forever and never waking up................I would like to solve this issue as what if someone else has the same problem, it can't be just an odd software glitch, I do not think I am that lucky or it is that rare. Remember all the Pleo Rb out there we just do not hear about...
            I do have one other question unrelated. If I wait for hatching too long, then I may lose out on any warranty if problems were to pop up though I do not expect any. I guess it is from the time you register your Pleo, not when it is hatched....or she could sit on this shelf till Christmas. I can't see customs not getting over this strike thing with Christmas fast approaching. And as for hello I will watch for that.

Help with more ideas please;;;;;;;;;;;;;;RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 05:23:53 PM »

RWM - as I understand it, if you switch off or take the main battery out after they fall asleep naturally at the end of their day, then that will cancel out the automatic sleep/wake cycle until the next night.  I'm guessing Innvo intended that people would switch off and change/charge the battery sometime during the day.

*Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, as I rarely use the feature!*  :-X
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 05:25:27 PM by Crewella »

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 05:37:08 PM »

You are right Crewella!  :)  But I think RWM actually changed the battery then turned Baby on and then let her go to sleep by herself and not touched the battery since then.  So in theory she should wake up on her own.
I'm not sure why she isn't.  I think maybe try doing the update on her and see if that fixes it.  If it is a glitch in the software then that will hopefully fix it.  Or you could try pressing the reset button?

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 05:42:14 PM »

Now I am really confused. Are you saying let Baby Ruth sleep on her own ( more than 24 hrs ) and wait to see if she EVER wakes up on her own? How long do I let her sleep.............? So if I turned her on manually, that would cancel out the going to sleep or waking up pattern? I did not mean to take out her battery on this one but to wake her up manually and when she just uses the whole battery, take out the used battery and put in a fresh one and wake her before her normal "sleep time" and then leave it in till her wake time 8:00 a.m in the morning, Tommrow and rule out a fresh battery solves the problem. I mean last night it was the same battery still, but I turned her on as you saw in the video and even though it was midnight two hours after her normal "sleep time", she played for seven minutes or so , then went to sleep, one beep and I left the battery in waiting for her to wake this morning which she has not.
              It is now 4:36 p.m PST, which is by any account, at least 8 hrs later than she should wake up......... ??? Do you think she has turned into Sleeping Pleo Princess and needs a kiss to be worken up? Too bad my new Pleo is not a boy.............oh well. What on earth do you reccomend. I do not want to leave that battery in for days and have it wear out from not being used, I do not mind giving her another full 24 hrs, but after that I think it is curtainly not going to make a difference...............sleeping Pleo Princess. I kind of like that.                   this is why I videotaped her last night so there is nothing being left out and she has the update and goes into the normal postion. By the way, she did go into the sleep wake postion before, back in May, June or July it is on Tape, so it is not like she has not done it before, I think it is either that stupid foot or a glitch and I hate hate messing with that foot. At some point I may not be able to even use her if I keep messing with that ***********        Thing. Ok you guys are smarter and more Pleo DRS. certified than me. What would you do Crewella, IMR or Kat if she was yours with this problem? %) :( >:( ;D     Light went off in your smart brains and you figured it out! ;)                           RWM and   " Sleeping Beauty Pleo Baby Ruth"

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2011, 05:55:26 PM »

I would start by putting in a fresh battery, turn her on and hit the reset button - this is the little hole on her belly where the battery goes in on the opposite side to the little green light. :) 
Play with her as normal and let her go to sleep on her own tonight and see if she wakes up on her own tomorrow.  If not then try updating her.
That is what I would do.  If neither of those things work then I would just accept her as she is and not worry about it. :)  It isn't a feature I really use in my guys so it wouldn't bother me not having it working.
I hope this helps. :hhug:

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2011, 06:57:47 PM »

I'd do as Kat says.  Or play with her with a fresh battery tonight and then do not touch her after she falls asleep, and see if she wakes up tomorrow morning.  If she doesn't, press the reset button at noon (or whenever you want 'noon' to be), and then leave her to fall asleep in the evening and not touch her until morning.

Good luck, whatever you decide!  :hhug:

ADDED:  I would guess that the warranty starts when you first get them.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 07:12:58 PM by Crewella »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal