Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ugobe Pleo not responding! :(  (Read 3320 times)

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
Ugobe Pleo not responding! :(
« on: October 24, 2011, 08:06:08 AM »

My pleo is stuck! I put in a full charged battery and he turns on for a few seconds then freezes, over and over and over, I'm worried it may be the battery and I'm harming him by putting in a broken battery. I don't know what would cause it to mess up though, he's not old, he was packed up in original box for 3 months and he won't even last 10 seconds! Please help. (:

Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Ugobe Pleo not responding! :(
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 08:15:25 AM »

Hi, LuckyPleo! First rule of thumb is not to pannic. It sounds like a battery problem to me. I'm not sure what board it's posted under but try looking at the common battery problems and possible solutions thread. I hope something in there will help you.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 08:18:53 AM »

It sounds like you may have a dead battery.  If you are using the original green battery that came with your pleo it has probably worn out.  If you haven't used it for a while you can try reconditioning it and see if that makes a difference.  I'm sure there is a thread somewhere that gives instructions on how to do it.  If you have one of the newer chargers from pleoworld then they have a reconditioning switch on them that you can use.  If not then I think you just need to fully charge the battery then take it off the charger and put it back on again.  Wait for it to fully charge again and then repeat.  once you reach a point where the battery is fully charged after just a few seconds on the charger - due to many chargings - then put it in your pleo and see how it goes.
If that doesn't work then you may need a new battery.  I would recommend the egg charger batteries.  they are great.  they run for 2hours and give your pleo a lot more energy. :)  You can buy them here on the forum too.

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 08:22:36 AM »

Thanks, I ordered a new battery, I'm going to try a ucube and see if it works, crossing my fingers...

I'd try reconditioning... but I'm not a power tool person. xD
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 02:40:42 PM »

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=962.0

No power tools required, just patience :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 04:14:46 PM »

Thanks, I think I'll try... and most likely fail, but never the less try. xD

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 08:36:52 AM »

Sometimes that's all you can do. Good luck.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal