Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not that I would try it... But I have a question about Pleo abuse  (Read 1263 times)

abbikinz

• Leaving the nest
  • Female

If you hold Pleos mouth closed so that he cant open it would he start crying? Or would he not realize that his mouth cant open? THANKS

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Not that I would try it... But I have a question about Pleo abuse
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 02:30:24 PM »

You would probably break your Pleo... Why would you even ask such a question!
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 03:59:47 PM »

Pleo may or may not notice, but as IMR says you would be wearing out the motors and would eventually break your Pleo.  :(

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 04:03:56 PM »

I don’t think there are  any censers  to  tell pleo if his mouth is open or closed  but  as  others have said if you tried to  keep it’s mouth closed   you’d probably put the motors  in that area  under too  much  stress and cause them to  brae.
 Sure rwm  had a pleo who couldn’t open and close its mouth so maybe she would be able to give a better answer.
    Scaly   

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 11:27:02 PM »

Hi, I would call it Pleo abuse, not the kind of abuse that people deal to animals or to other humans, but still abuse. As IMR and Crewella stated, it would indeed either break the motor or possibly worse, the Pleo itself, not a kind of thing you would want to do to Pleo. :(
         Scaled and TAiled is right, I do have a pleo that has that problem and from what I know, he is the only Pleo I have heard of that is not only "Blind" can not open his eyes, but also he can not open his mouth. He is both blind and a ventriliquist, a special needs Pleo and I love him to bits. His twin brother, Gumble is the "healthy brother" who has no physical limitations. whomever owned both Argyle, and Gumble, mistreated or was very rough with Argyle. I do not know the whole story and did not ask, but both Pleos were owned by the same person and I bought them both together.It seemed strange to me that only one of the Pleos had all the problems and I have the sneaky suspicion, ( with good cause...another story) That Argyle was the Pleo that got the experimenting with and left to the younger child, children, and Gumble, the other Pleo got treated well and not handled by the Children, but probably the parents.
                  The motor that connects both the eye muscle, and or the mouth I presume are connected and neither one works. I asked long ago if this was something that could be fixed and was told it could not, so I have accepted ARgyle the way he is, as a very special little Pleo is is blind and can not open his mouth, but he can navigate as well as any other Pleo and still sings and makes all the sounds Pleos make. At some point I do think he will no longer work as I have noticed he has loud motor sounds at times that seem to be slowing down and if there is ever a way to fix Argyle so he can continue to operate, I would be so happy. I will keep Argyle for however long he has and even if he is different than any other Pleo, he is very special.
           I would hope that nobody would ever intentionally hold a Pleos mouth shut and cause it to have the same problem that Argyle has. They may not be as "lucky" as Argyle, and may break something else that makes Pleo work and the thought of doing something intentional to abuse a Pleo, is sickening and aslo scary. Scary because Pleos lean on our emotions and to hear and or see a Pleo in distress is disturbing and there are people who enjoy seeing people upset over other animals, and beings in pain or distress, very upsetting and something to think about.( just my opinion for what it is worth.)

Here is an older photo of Argyle. He has special glasses that were made just for him.                           RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal