Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Genibo 2 ;D  (Read 1501 times)

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
Genibo 2 ;D
« on: August 08, 2011, 10:42:45 AM »

i have just read on 1 of the Aibo forums that there is going to be a 2nd version Genibo , i know myself i was not too keen on the first version but i wonder what the 2nd version will be like.....  :-\  some ppl are comparing Genibo 2 to the ERS7's so there must be some good in the 2nd generation Genibo.

Does any1 here have any info on 2nd generation Genibo and can you share any links to websites with more info ???

2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

Phelicidea

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
Re: Genibo 2 ;D
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 06:52:14 PM »

I have been searching frantically since I heard the news of the SD (Second Gen Genibo.) and have, to my disappointment found almost nothing.  I asked on the aiboworld forums and the only answer I received was to ask 'Star Robotics" so I emailed that companies head.  The only information that he gave me was that he'd not heard anything in awhile but that they were indeed set to come out in the Korean market in July and we'd probably not hear anything in the UK/USA market untill Sept.  or August but that he'd let me know what he found out as soon as he'd found anything out..... I've heard nothing back from him and that's been weeks ago.

The only definitive thing I've heard is that they'd be using the new Herculx (something like that) servos and would be much more powerful, rumored to be able to jump.  Also the new servos would make the shoulders a bit bigger but otherwise the robo-pup would look much the same as the QD (first gen Genibo.)

Sorry that's not much help but is the only information that I could gather on the new SD in months.

Phel

Here's the website for star robotic's rumored to be (when it comes out) the only supplier for our side of the world. 

http://www.star-robots.com/index.html

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
Re: Genibo 2 ;D
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 08:00:43 PM »

cheers
Hopefully there has been other improvements too such as moving mouth and self docking and of course the other improvements the first Genibo desperately needs lol
i guess only time will reveal then but i can not imagine what the price will be on a 2nd generation Genibo  :o

Thank you for the link i see there is actually going to be 3 new models and all are self docking apparently  :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 08:05:42 PM by barrettgazzy »
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal