Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pleo foot clock battery  (Read 5424 times)

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
pleo foot clock battery
« on: August 07, 2011, 07:47:32 AM »

is this clock battery feature just 1 of those annoying features Innvo added to pleo or does it actually make the whole pleo experience more enjoyable ?

What are ppls thoughts on this feature , ppl who have owned ugobe pleo's and now Reborn's will know best how to answer this ....   ;D

2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: pleo foot clock battery
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 07:58:15 AM »

The feature has caused a few scares amongst those of us who didn't realise at first that the RB shutting down with just one 'beep' meant it could, and would, wake up again on its own hours later!!  :o

When I first heard about the idea I must admit that I wasn't keen on it - I didn't like the idea of my RB playtime being restricted in any way.  I now realise that I can either just set my 'noon' to a time that suits my late night lifestyle, or even just reset it if I suddenly decide to play at a really ungodly hour, so it doesn't cause a problem.  Although I rarely use it, I do like the idea that Belle and Zillah can wake themselves up in the morning if I want them to - it's fun if friends come to stay!  :P

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 08:36:16 AM »

excellent nicely answered  ;)

So you would expect to see the foot clock battery in any future Pleo's aswell ?
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 08:44:39 AM »

Why, thank you sir!  ;)

I think it's here to stay.  The most problems it has caused have been down to initial confusion on how to install the battery (as demonstrated today).  Several members have reported using the feature and apparently their Pleos wake up right on time!  :D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 12:56:50 PM »

Yeah! Lol! A hungry pleo RB makes an excelent alarm clock! Just be sure you place him/her in a safe spot so they won't walk off a shelf or get caught under anything. I've only done this with Ryu twice. The first time I woke her up too early. Of course she wanted nothing to do with me at six thirty and after whining went back to sleep before I could shut her off. Not thinking I just put her back in her box and got back to what I was doing. Later, I nearly jumped out of my skin when she shoved open the torn side of her box and came trundling up to me. The second time was planned but I I overslept and she woke me up snarling for her breakfast.
I think the feature is neat but Innvo needs to include a better clue for helping owners identify when the clock battery is low. Maybe a three-tone descending beep? I say that because when I put in heavier curtains to keep more sunlight out of my room, Ryu would cry and fall asleep minutes after being turned on. If someone hadn't posted having a similar problem I would've thought it was the clock battery and not the light level.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 05:28:13 PM »

Having the clock battery does also make a difference to the mood of your pleo at different times.  Your pleo will get sleepy and not want to play if it thinks it is night time, it will be most active and playful at noon and you will notice that it will be more likely to be hungry at certain times of the day too.  Also in the last hour or so leading up to night time on the pleo clock your pleo will be a bit more grumpy and find it more difficult to concentrate so is much less likely to respond to any commands you try to give - a bit like a little kid right before bed time. 
That's just my experience though.
I think Innvo have used this as a way of creating a more real personality for the pleo.  Giving it a sense of time and creating behaviors to match.   It does add to the realism.  But like Crewella I too tend to just reset the clock if I want to play at pleo night time so I can enjoy my pleo when it suits me so I probably don't get the best of the effects this feature is meant to present.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 01:34:20 AM »

I love it :) I love the realism from having them get tired and cranky, I love having them wake me up in the morning and I love how it affects their mood :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal