Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 Questions before I purchase a Pleo.  (Read 2536 times)

Stalvros

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
2 Questions before I purchase a Pleo.
« on: July 21, 2011, 02:01:27 AM »

Good afternoon Pleo users.
My sincerest apology for the trouble, but I was wondering if I could
seek all the professional's help with regards to Pleo before I decide
to get one. For starters, I have 2 questions.

1st - [Pleo Question] What's the difference between uglobe pleo and innvo pleo?
Now I did a search and I found this http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=966.0,
however, I think I really need a more detailed differences.

The thing is, at the moment in Indonesia, there's this one shop that sells pleo at
the price of 7,500,000 IDR (Indonesian Rupiah). However, they are having a 50% discount
sale, but the thing is that, there's no SHOP warranty and the box is still sealed. I don't even
know if this is the NEW or OLD pleo. I certainly can't tell if it's styrofoam inside or even
check those serials under the leg or even check if there's the innvo sticker pasted on the battery.

Truth be told, I'm not even sure it's a good price even after the 50% discount >_<.
But what I do know is that, if I'm going to be spending that much, I would like the innvo pleo.
Is there any experts here that can tell me how to tell the difference just by looking at the box
or something?

2nd - [Pleorb Question] Where to get the PleoRB in Indonesia?
I'm very interested in the PINK one. Can't seem to find any
reliable website that sells PleoRB that allows sending to Indonesia~

PS: I would like to apologise if I had posted in the wrong
section of the forum :(. I've tried to post appropriately
and from all the selection, this seems to be the most appropriate
one to ask such a question.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: 2 Questions before I purchase a Pleo.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 02:25:50 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

The original Pleo's have very limited personality differences, they have no gender, they do not have voice recognition, they only come in the one colour, and they do not have an RFID chip reader. But they are also easier to please and less demanding than the RB's. The original Pleo's will happily potter around on their own with no interaction from you at all. They will chomp on a plastic leaf, or finger, or any other object (they can't tell what it is) but they do not have to be fed, they will eat the ground if they get 'hungry'.

The RB's (Reborns) have sensors to tell the temperature, they shiver if they are cold and pant if they are hot, a clock to tell the time, and RFID reader so they know what you are feeding them, voice recognition, more touch sensors, faster motors, stronger neck cables, they come in three colours and many variations of the green colour. They require feeding, they need to be nursed if they get sick or injured and they have a gender and personality. They are also scared of the dark :P You can find a lot more info about RB's here: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2315.0

If the Pleo in the shop is in a green box then it is an older Pleo. Given that it is in a shop it is almost 100% certain to be a Ugobe Pleo. All Innvo Pleo's come in a white box and are only sold online. That price is $878 US dollars according to an online currency converter which is WAY too much to pay for a Pleo, even at 50% off you can get a BRAND NEW Pleo RB for an extra $50 with a warranty.

If you have your heart set on the pink Pleo RB then the best (and only) place to buy one is online, my pink and blue ones both came from www.gimmedigi.com who are the same price as Pleoworld, at the moment they are also offering free shipping.

Hope that helps, feel free to ask any more questions you may have :) I will be around for a few hours :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 02:41:36 AM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 03:20:22 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum!  :)

IMR's right on every point.  Also, of the original 'classic' type Pleos there were the original Ugobe Pleos and the slightly improved version sold by Innvo from 2009 after the took over and before they brought out the Pleo RB.  There were some slight improvements, mainly to the durability of the skin and the strength of the neck and tail cables, and they may be running a later version OS out of the box, but they are to all intents and purposes the same model and will run the same software.  I'm not entirely sure if you can tell which is which from the outer box - hopefully somebody that has one will be able to confirm if the Ugobe name is replaced by the Innvo one on the box.

Chinatete are the company in charge of distributing the pink and blue RBs, though as IMR says most people from outside China that we have seen seem to have bought them from Gimmedigi online.  If you do have problems with Gimmedigi sending to Indonesia, I'll track down the contact email address for the lady at Chinatete that was dealing with distribution for you, as she might be able to help.

Don't worry about asking questions, there are lots of knowledgeable people here willing to help - that's what we're here for!  ;D

Stalvros

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 03:37:16 AM »

Oh my, thank you so much for the answers.
Yes, I really need help for purchasing the pleo.
If the price and the shipping's good, I might even get BOTH blue and pink pleo :).

At the moment I'm interested in
1X Innvo Pleo
1X PleoRB Pink
1X PleoRB Blue *If the price is good*

The only thing I worry here in Indonesia is the customs.
They seem to charge everything that comes practically from abroad at 100% the cost -_-.

And yes, I also do realize that they've overcharging the Pleo :(.
I really want a pleo so bad but am really having difficulty getting it :(.

Also, the guy that's having the 50% discount thing keep mentioning to me that the Pleo they
sold so far has trouble with the batteries. He keeps encouraging me to get the battery Ucube
that's sold for 1,000,000 IDR. I checked online and I think he's really overcharging it!

How long can u actually play with the pleo anyways?
I was told by the seller, 1 hour-2 hours at most. I realize that Pleo don't really have the
auto-charge thing that Aibo does, so I'm a bit concerned about this.
(Sorry if I asked more question above the initial 2 >_<)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 03:59:02 AM »

The price will be $469 US for each of those (4005250 IDR) shipping costs vary. I do strongly suggest you check with customs before ordering to see what they will charge you. It may actually be cheaper to order a pink RB, wait a week and then order a blue RB as you might avoid paying extra customs fees that way. (For example here in Australia I can order one RB and not get charged any customs, but if I ordered 2 I would.

Paying that much for a Pleo that may not be working is not a good idea. That means they are likely to be very old Ugobe Pleo's and could have been sitting around for years.

The RB batteries and the Ucube batteries last for 2 hours+, the original batteries that come with the Ugobe Pleo's run for an hour if they are working properly.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 04:00:48 AM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 04:20:29 AM »

I had a look at my Ugobe Pleo box collection and realised that each of them has a small label on the outside, applied to the front panel (with lid on top, facing you as you'd open it) that shows the full company details:

On checking, each label shows a barcode and the serial number of the Pleo in the box:

I'm not sure if that's the case with all of the 'classic' Pleos, but all seven of the boxes I checked (all Ugobe) showed the serial number of the Pleo inside, so it looks as though you could find and check the serial number without opening the box.  :)

ADDED

As IMR says, the original Ugobe batteries only lasted for about an hour, and if they've been stored for a long time may not even work at all.  However, you can get li-poly 'egg charger' batteries that last much longer - a good two hours from a seller on this forum (check the stores).  Similar to the new RB batteries that are also li-poly.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 04:57:50 AM by Crewella »

Stalvros

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 04:25:45 AM »

The problem in Indonesia is that there is no such BLACK & WHITE written tax rules
for electronic items that we import. That's why it's so hard to import items.

My sister got charged approximately 100 US dollars once for a 10 US dollars item.
I mean, what the heck is that >_<.

By the way Crewella, do you still have the contact of the person that can help me?
Im waiting eagerly and are very envious of all of you Pleo owners :(

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 04:30:47 AM »

Be prepared to pay a little more with Chinatete, they charge almost triple the postage of Gimmedigi :o If Gimmedigi doesn't have indonesia listed perhaps you should try contacting them, they claim to ship world wide and last time I checked Indonesia was part of the world ;)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 04:37:28 AM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 04:42:10 AM »

Yes, the lady at Chinatete was Josie - josie@chinatete.net.

Best of luck with your search - whatever you decide to get I'm sure you'll love it!  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal