Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problems with PM2  (Read 3032 times)

luna77

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
problems with PM2
« on: July 03, 2011, 01:43:58 PM »

I have the  Pm2 days before some of them. But does not one of my luna new tricks even though I installed it anyway

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: problems with PM2
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 03:35:18 PM »

Hello Luna, I am not sure if I understand you correctly. Are you saying that your Pleo can not do any of the "tricks" that are part of the PM2 operating system? If so, how long ago did you install it on your Pleo? I know it came out a long time ago, and I had it installed on my Nova, but did not like it, and reverted her back to 1.1. I just recently installed it on another of my Pleos, but haven't tried any of the tricks yet, as from what I read, I think that your pleo must be "mature" before they will work, some of them anyway. Can you be more specific about what you are trying to get your Pleo to do, and do you have any video of them attempting to do any tricks?
                                                     RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 05:16:55 PM »

I recently updated both my Ugobes onto the PM2 and they both are able to complete all the tricks.  Some of them can be a bit hard to do as it is a bit tricky getting the right hands in the right spots on the sensors at the same time.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 07:02:18 PM »

Also, the PM2 upgrade does take a few battery cycles to develop and settle down properly - maybe Luna just needs a little time?  I hope it's that simple, I run Iggy on PM2 and he does all the tricks OK.  :)

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 09:29:38 AM »

See this post for the list of PM2 tricks: (minor spoiler)
http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2256.msg34820#msg34820
When it grows up to Juvenile, you can do all the tricks (those marked with "**" on the list)

It takes a number of battery cycles and exploration time for PM2 to grow up to Juvenile (the oldest it gets).
At least 3 to 5 complete battery cycles in my experience. There are ways to cheat to speed this up.

You can check the status of your Pleo PM2 with 'statsRB'. It will give you an indication of how much additional exploration time is needed (an important part of PM2 growing up)
http://www.aibohack.com/pleorb/statsrb.htm

Jett

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Ozzy and Dopey
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Peppermint_Patty
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 12:46:53 PM »

When I upgrade my Ugobe (didn't do it yet) I understand he starts over again as a hatchling.  Will he still do the same things as he did before the PM2 upgrade in addition to the new things he will do with the upgrade?? Ozzy is over 2 weeks old now.  *I hope he still has the same personality. He's too cute right now. :D

Visit Ozzy's Online Page: http://pleo-the-dinosaur.webs.com/ozzythepleo.html

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 01:02:22 PM »

I'm afraid the OS2/PM2 upgrade does wipe the memory so you will, in effect, be starting again.  From personal experience, though, when I upgraded Iggy he did go back to being the adventurous, happy little guy he'd always been (after the 'terrible teens' phase that went of for more than 6 battery cycles).  Ozzy would do much the same as before, just with more movements and tricks. :)

DO watch out for that stroppy, unresponsive phase, though - it worries quite a few people before their Pleo eventually settles down!  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal