Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: $75.00 pleo on ebay no bids hs been there 2 days in need of help  (Read 1712 times)

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Comaro,Cosmic,Bambi,Pumpkin,Gator
  • jdhv

http://cgi.ebay.com/Used-Pleo-dinosaur-need-doctor-/180687482598?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a11d02ee6 The discreption said =  Used Pleo dinousaur. Needs medical care. The battery is pretty much dead.  If charge the battery until the indicator light turns green (which happens way too fast , then keep reseating the battery in the charger multiple times, then I get about 15 minutes of quality time with Pleo before he runs out of power.  So what can we learn from this?  A: Pleo works fine when he has power. The only other problem is that the Pleo button broke off (this can be seen in the second picture in the area of the red circle).  The Pleo button is used to alter the volume (mute, soft, normal) and it is also used to put Pleo into his storage position.  When it broke off, the volume was set on normal so he makes all of his usual sounds at the regular volume.  Other than these 2 things, he is in great shape.  He has been used lightly- less than 20 hours of total use and never by an unsupervised child. 

I just hope he goes to a good home and gets the care he deserves or becomes an organ donor for someone's science/computer/engineering/robotics project.

Comes with all parts and original packaging.

Tom

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: $75.00 pleo on ebay no bids hs been there 2 days in need of help
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 03:08:39 PM »

hI, this pleo has been here for several days, but if he gets a bid it won't be till the last day and people are leary of buying a Pleo that has somthing broken or doesn't work.I have been watching this guy and if it does go for more than $80.00 I would be surprised! He will go to someone but nobody wants to pay for a broken guy. Too much work involved.
                                                   RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
    • A Diary of Optimism and Melancholy
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 03:51:14 PM »

The battery problem sounds like a perfect example of memory loss in an NiMH battery, which essentially means that it forgot where its max charge is and stops long before reaching its potential. Reconditioning it should fix that just fine, and a new charger has been released from Innvo Labs that can do that. It doesn't actually mean that the battery is damaged.
Check out my blog and personal diary at "http://optimismandmelancholy.blogspot.com/", and enjoy a peek into my mind.

MegandArtemis

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Female
  • Pleos hahaha
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 12:22:10 PM »

:o I've been watching this guy too. Hoping to buy him if my parents say yes. Wow, the pleo world sure is a small place.
- Meg and Artemis

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 01:29:37 PM »

THis guy does have bids so just watch as the bid will go up.I also asked questions and will see if the seller will show more photos, I am not intersted in buying him, but I don't like it when they don't show photos when a person asks. Good luck bidding if your parents let you.  :)
                                                     RedwoodsMama

MegandArtemis

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Female
  • Pleos hahaha
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 07:54:16 AM »

We lost.  :'( :( :( But we're going to keep an eye out for other little guys.  :)
- Meg and Artemis

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 09:36:51 AM »

I saw this guy too but I'm leary about buying from EBay. If I trusted them a little more I would've gone with that Hong Cong seller who was selling for one ninety nine. So sorry you lost!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 02:14:12 PM »

Do not be afraid to buy on ebay. I bought one in Late March early April and it was advertised as brand new, never hatched, When I got it though it was obvious it had been. I was backed by PayPal buyer protection and got a full refund and also the seller was given negative feedback so others could not be taken in by this false advertising. As long as you report a false claim and do it within the 30 day period, you are protected, I buy and sell on ebay and have allways been protected and I encourage buyers who buy from me to do the same. If you buy from someone outside of the United states as long as it is on ebay, you are still protected. Hope that makes you feel a little more at ease about buying from ebay.
                                                           RedwoodsMama
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal