Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo Color Suggestion (anyone willing to try?)  (Read 1604 times)

allosaurus

Pleo Color Suggestion (anyone willing to try?)
« on: June 09, 2011, 07:49:02 AM »

(Honestly not sure if this is the place to post this)
I've noticed that painting Pleos is a common thing now.

Well, I was thinking about one of my favorite color combinations-- purple and gold (such a majestic-looking combination!):

And then I thought it would look nice on a Pleo, but hey, that's not very dinosaurian.  And then I thought of an interesting possible color combination, if anyone has the time, patience, interest, and paints for it.

Dulled-down colors.
Like this for purple:

And this for a dulled gold/orange/yellow color:

(Yes, that's meant to be a pic of a UFO-- what?  I couldn't find anything better to display the color!  Though I would prefer a slightly more greyed orange if anyone were to try it, but it's your choice)

.... Anyway, anyone with a Pleo to paint, would you be willing to attempt a similar color combination?

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo Color Suggestion (anyone willing to try?)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 12:07:20 PM »

I think I could do something along this line usings the golds as highlights, like feathers were in some of the pictures I have seen, and the purples would be toned down like Victorian Purples with grey. It is interesting to see the possibilities. It is not so much a matter of colors that can be used as it is paints or mediums that work out well.
                                         RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

allosaurus

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 01:43:31 PM »

Feathers!? Goodness no, feathers weren't for sauropods!!  :P

Maybe speckles?  That would look nice......

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 01:56:35 PM »

I did not say I was putting gold feathers, :o I said, "like some of the feathers " I have seen, meaning I would use the Highlights that I have seen on the feathers on early Bird dinosaurs that were colored that way. Besides, I would have to add molding to put feathers and would not do that on a Pleo! Heaven forbid that!
                           RWM

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 03:53:49 PM »

I dunno.. when I do get another broken down ugobe that needs it's skin removed I was thinking of trying to rework it into a different type of dinosaur with the same body type of course, but with slight things added (lightweight) to make it look like something else.. a triceratops maybe, for example.. but I would have to figure out if that would mess up the neck.. and I'd have to equal the weight out in the back I'm sure, just to not topple it over but I don't know as much about the inner workings without experimenting to see if it would be too much for the motors. I could carve a very nice and light 'hood' for one out of very VERY light wood and attach but I'd still need to make some sort of skin.. it might be interesting to try feathers in some of the decorations for a pleo being repainted.. I have tons from my parrots and chickens.. I think it might better be suited to a costume though.

I may very well be removing all the paint from my male RB, Jules, with the light violet eyes and I could use some help in figuring out how to paint him.. I like some of your colors but I think I may want to go with something along the lines of the colors we've been recently introduced too in the books.. now that we know they may have not been such drab colors.   I also need to repaint my ugobe, Lyssa and she's mean so she needs to have an evil look about her :D

- Sarah

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 05:39:06 PM »

Hi Latrine, I am still going to paint or repaint my lavender I started out about a month ago, and want to use the "dinosaur " true colors. This is why I posted the photos of the feathered dino colors, and why I bought the book, to give me some inspiration and ideas. I have just been way too busy to do any painting all month and for the end of last month, I have an idea in my head and want to try it out. I have 14 dinos now, not counting Humpty who is still a project, I have at least three that are good canidated to paint as projects.
           I say go for it with your dino fantasy painting, green is nice but not all Camasaurus were probably the same color , and perhaps depending on their environment there were more dramatic color variations. Keep us posted on what you decide to do. With most of the painting we have had here on the fourms, if you do not like the result you can remove the paint, An exception is my last project which is very very very slow in removing the paint so I need to thin the paint, it is different than anything anyone has used here before, that is why I haven't posted the type of "medium" I used and not untill I am happy with it, I will, Good luck looking forward to more creative colors in our Pleos! :)
                             RWM

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 10:05:12 PM »

Well if  I end up redoing Jules, the RB, I will be removing all color first since it peels so easy anyways and painting over bad paint on a dinosaur is probably the same as painting over bad paint on a wall.. it's gonna break down that much faster.. So we'll see what happens.. I would like to make him a little more colorful just to make him more like 'the male' of the pack, you know?  I like that book of cyours and may have to grab something similar or just grab pics off the internet as I want something realistic to work towards..
And for Lyssa, as much as I love light purple I need to give her some reddish orange hues at least over a slight amount of her head or tail to show her attitude.. maybe racing stripes on her side? lol.. jk :)
 I still want a 'naked' girlfriend for patches, she can be his  'evil -lyn'  for when he is in his skeletor costume and we will make Kat make her a crazy feather costume :D  er.. I mean we'll ASK Kat..  :P

- Sarah
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal