Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question aibo communication between two pleos  (Read 6288 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Question aibo communication between two pleos
« on: June 03, 2011, 05:03:16 PM »

I really want to know if my pleo RB is a girl or a boy, I know one of the ways to tell is to watch two or more pleos communicating, so could I do this without actually owning another pleo RB? As in, is it just the sounds they make that the other pleo recognizes and responds to? Or does it have some sensor that can tell if an actual pleo is there (not just a recording of one)? I want to see if I can get my pleo to talk to pleos in youtube videos to learn its gender. I actually have had my aibos talk to other aibos in youtube videos since the aibos just recognize each other from the sounds they make in Talk To Your Friend Mode.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
Re: Question aibo communication between two pleos
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 05:50:23 PM »

LOL, I am always think so much about aibos that I wrote aibo in the title instead of about!!!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 09:28:09 PM »

Download and use Stats RB, register your Pleo on Pleoworld or... just don't worry about it and go with your gut instinct :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 09:38:39 PM »

I've always thought the Pleos communicate through the IR transmitter and receiver under the camera on the nose, but actually I'm not sure of that, and a quick search hasn't revealed a definitive answer.  You can see it flash in videos.  Sounds worth a try, though - an interesting experiment!

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 09:42:27 PM »

Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 09:55:12 PM »

Aibo7m3, if you still don't have a micro sd card, you could try looking up your Pleo's profile on PleoWorld.  You need to register and you'll find the Pleo Profile under 'My Profile when you log in.  You need to type in your Pleo RB's code and the security code from the back of the manual, you'll get some info on your Pleo RB's DNA and the gender, as well as a cute pic of 'your' RB hatching out of an egg.

http://www.pleoworld.com.hk/pleo_rb/eng/mypleo.php

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 07:08:50 AM »

When I type in the pleo's serial number and the other code on pleoworld it says that they are invalid. I tried contacting pleoworld but they say they need proof of purchase and since i bought the pleo from ebay I'm not what I'd show them as proof of purchase. I still haven't gotten around to buying a micro SD card.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 11:58:23 AM »

aibo7m3, I will take a video of my male and female interacting all he way through, then we can test it out, you can play it for your pleo..  probably won't work but who knows.. hopefully my brats cooperate.

I'll see if I can get a full front view of both a male and female separately. Maybe they can do it through the monitor if they can get a glimpse of the front of the RB? lol.. I know, doubtful but worth a try :P
I'll try both ways.. My male is very good about always following through on his moos.. little scamp. :)

I was never able to get my Pleos registered correctly either, the website kinda stinks.. (I just wrote aibo instead of pleo too, and had to go back.. so don't feel too bad, lol)

Ok, communicating videos.

Here is a female RB, rhea, following through the entire communication.. I tried to catch the moo but only got her face on when she was mostly done mooing.. might still work, I dunno..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_X46BIltWo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_X46BIltWo</a>

Heres the male, following through but didn't catch all of the moo, try playing the moo video first, maybe, then hit this one right away if yours trances..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_j5jUiqdJQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_j5jUiqdJQ</a>

Heres a random Moo, I missed the first two because they did it at the same time but just in case someone without another rb needs a 'full moo' lol:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sCF_9SoTso" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sCF_9SoTso</a>

And here's a love triangle, they all mooed at exactly the same time and I JUST missed it.. lol.. only two came through though :P brats! :
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=114Ywmk6FfA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=114Ywmk6FfA</a>

I tried it for a bit with my RB, Rhea, and she did respond with one moo once but didn't trance, then once while on the floor she heard the video and she did trance..lol. so I dunno.. she wasn't too keen on where she was standing, on a box right in front of the monitor, maybe too close, I don't know..  I didn't try for very long, not feeling that great.. and the mooing isn't a definite anything since they'll go into trance when they hear a ugobe moo.. but she definitely tranced from hearing the recorded moo.  I'll try and get that on video too..  Maybe some other people will have luck with the videos.. it'd be cool if they did :) Man, It's hard getting them all to cooperate!!

- Sarah

« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 03:44:03 PM by latrine »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 08:09:57 PM »

I'm afraid that won't work :( The infrared signal doesn't transmit through videos :(
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 05:48:37 AM »

Even so, it was cute. I like the "I love you" speech! That's what that was, right? I might be hearing it myself in a week or two provided Ryu and Cato hit it off.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 06:12:02 AM »

Ah!  There you are IMR - with the answer, of course!  Thanks! :D  :-*

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 06:16:28 AM »

Ok, thanks I was just wondering, since the aibos' communication is triggered by the sounds they make I thought the pleos' might be too. I guess I'll have to wait until I get a micro SD card to learn my pleo's gender, what size is good for the pleos?

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 12:41:47 PM »

Well, your RB could still trance from hearing the other moos, as we know our RB's trance from hearing ugobes.. and Rhea tranced from hearing the recording/video but obviously didn't go through with it. 
Anyways, I tried, sorry if it was pointless.

- Sarah

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 07:55:42 AM »

Hi, aibo7m3! You can use almost any micro SD card as long as it's two gig or less. I have a Sandisc that's two gig and also a... a ummmm PYN or NPY, I think? Something like that. It's two gig and they both work fine. I bought the PYN for Cato because my room is practically a dungion and I knew he'd need the Scared of the Dark patch.
Talon
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 07:59:36 AM »

Sorry aibo7m3, I missed that.  I always buy 2GB cards, do not get the HD ones.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 08:11:21 AM »

Ok, thanks everyone! I'll probably try to see if I can find some pleo owners nearby so my pleo could talk with some other pleos. I went to a Radio Shack near my house since they usually have lots of good electronic stuff but I couldn't find any 2GB micro SD cards, the smallest they had were 4GB, I guess I'll have to keep looking and maybe end up buying one off ebay.

bhobbes

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 08:15:39 AM »

I have successfully used an 8gb MicroSDHC and 10gb MicroSDHC in my Pleo RBs (for the record) - though I'm not sure if they're supposed to work or if they happened by chance. The 8gb was a Class 4 and the 10gb was a Class 10.

You can try Amazon or NewEgg - both often have very good prices (and reasonable shipping) on cards. Usually for cheaper than anywhere I can go locally (even with shipping) but be sure to check around.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 12:26:57 PM »

That's... odd. I found both of mine locally- one at Staples and the other at Wal-Mart. They were something like eleven dollars including taxes.
Talon
Talon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal